Thread: 5v5 Drain Team

5v5 Drain Team

Hello, I'm going to make a new 5v5 drain team (holy paladin, resto druid, disc priest, hunter and lock). Would be nice for me to hear some advices on tactics from you

Deleted

Re: 5v5 Drain Team

Replace druid with warrior and it's amazing setup.

If your going to replace a resto druid, i would highly recommend getting a shaman spec'd 40/0/21, can off heal is necessary and can instant chain lightning for burst damage, and grounding totems and tremor totems and very helpful in some cases.

I run 5v5 drain team with Warr/lock/druid/disc priest/resto shammie.

With 3 healers there is no need for pally IMO. Shammie and druid can bring way more to the team. Besides, you need druid to decurse and poison clean. Mana burning with heroism is insane...

Shammie is main healer and dropping tremor, grounding, windfury, etc.
    Druid Cyclone/entangle melee to buy more time for mana drain, off heals
    Priest burns and tanks.
    Lock cot/fears/drain/.
    Warr pummels/MS/shield bash/demo/HS/PH/shout/clap to buy more time for mana drain.

Three healers isn't a drain team, most drain teams tend to completely rape the three healer gimmick teams that have surfaced this season, in my experience.

One without a Paladin just seems bizzare. Two things that puzzle me from even the concept: How is your Priest getting any time to mana burn or have Heroism up on him for more than 0.5 seconds? And secondly since you have a highly pressured Priest and no Paladin, thus your Warrior has no mobility options, how is the damage getting done and mortal strike kept up?

Since you only have one pet class, limited damage is being dealt and you have no Paladin (and in 5v5, nothing brings more to the table than a Paladin synergized up), I honestly figure you'd be the ones struggling to outlast in most scenarios, heh.

Our team isnt designed to kill anything until 1 of the healers is OOM. SOmetimes we burn them both before we kill anything.

I have also run with pally and works good too, but i like shammie better :P

I play a 489res disc priest on the team.

Staying up is usually not a problem. Power word shield, POM, and renew, while keep inner fire active is usually enough since our druid is cyclone/entangle their melee. I get time to kill totems and dispel party/attackers while I tank. When melee is cycloned/entagled I can get 2 burns off.

Im also Human so i usually pop feedback when im getting dpsed which burns like 500 mana/hp off each of the casters attacking me. Doesnt seem much, but it does add up at the end.

If i run into trouble I PS myself, then use desperate prayer/healthstone/bg trinket macro when MS is not on me. That usually tops me off when combined with the heals Im already getting from the others.

You should try shammie sometime. Tremor totem and windfury are quite good, keeps your healers working and your warrior doing nice bursts. Heroism at good times for the lock/priest mana drain.

i find it hard to believe more teams aren't pressuring you. what do you do against 4 dps team with a pally. do you really have time to mass dispel when getting focus'd? either your team is amazing at CC'ing off you or you aren't playing well organized teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    i find it hard to believe more teams aren't pressuring you. what do you do against 4 dps team with a pally. do you really have time to mass dispel when getting focus'd? either your team is amazing at CC'ing off you or you aren't playing well organized teams.
    Druid CCs a melee dps (usually the rogue). Warlock CCs a caster dps (usually the mage). Warrior is on the third dps (shadow priest, warlock, w/e). That leaves 1 dps and 1 healer for the shaman to heal through and the priest to mana burn.

Seems fine to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ordin
    Druid CCs a melee dps (usually the rogue). Warlock CCs a caster dps (usually the mage). Warrior is on the third dps (shadow priest, warlock, w/e). That leaves 1 dps and 1 healer for the shaman to heal through and the priest to mana burn.

Seems fine to me...
    if there is a mage for the warlock to CC, and if the warrior is on a caster. also druid can root all they want until they come up against paladin or priest, which any group with a melee will have. but before this whole conversation turns into x CCs y, a dps's b kind of a thing, i was just saying even with his teams cc/drain, to me priests are not as tankworthy in 5s and many people think.

I think focused will is one of the better tank talents. And they are a pretty mobile class since most of their spells are instant.

Which class do you prefer as a tank?