Seeking arena advice.

I posted this on the WoW warrior board but so far, no help.

I recently started arenaing with a new partner, a resto shaman. Druids are retardedly hard to find on my realm and I like to try things that not everyone is doing. Right now, 1700 is eluding us. We hit 1691 on 3 separate occasions tonight but lost the matches that would have sent us over. He could stand to have some better gear, and he's working on it, but overall, he's decently geared and pretty much knows what he's doing.

We've won a few matches against Rivals, Duelists even 2 matches against a gladiator druid/warrior team, so I wouldn't say we're terrible but I come here in search of advice to better ourselves. Our biggest troubles are warr/pally teams, their warr beats on my shaman while I beat on the paladin, me occasionally intervening and disarming/demo shouting the warrior. He purges BoF, BoP and earth shocks heals when I can't pummel, this seems like that right thing to do 'cause if I was beatin' on the warrior, I'd just be feedin' him rage to kill my shaman even faster.

I need help with this situation, also, any advice for any other situation or what we can do to better ourselves gear/gem/enchant-wise is welcome. We're lookin' to push at least 2k this season and I know once we figure everything out, we can manage.

Also: Would I be better off getting a Red Belt of Battle and stickin' 2 +8 STR gems in it? (I'm lacking +hit right now so I do see a few misses here and there)

Re: Seeking arena advice.

You're playing it wrong. The best case scenario for their team is exactly what you are describing. Their goal is to separate you so that the shaman cant shock heals and you aren't getting Windfury. You want to avoid this. Your goal should be to have your shaman constantly dragging the warrior out of line of sight of the Paladin while you DPS the warrior. Yes, you will be giving him rage and enrage but your shaman will take less damage because the warrior will be forced to back off your shaman or die to you.

Of course, no plan survives contact with the enemy and you will have to adapt based on how they counter it. If the warrior switches to you, you switch to the paladin and the shaman keeps windfury down. Dont let them separate you and force them to play your game, not vice versa and you should have the upper hand on this matchup.