Thread: 2v2 Rogue/Pally

2v2 Rogue/Pally

Hello there
    I know our combination sounds weird.(holly pally/ rogue) Well in a way it is but since my rl friend has only a rogue and no time to build a new character we have to play in this combination. We are not that bad. At the end of the last season we had a 1800 rating and atm we usually have an 1700 rating which is not too bad for this combination.I just wanted to know what to do in 2v2 combats against priest/rogue. Is there any chance of winning against a rogue/ disc priest team in our line up? The combat usually goes like this. My friend tries to attack the priest which would work out well if there wouldnt be the mace rogue who is always stunning him (often when the priest is low on live when that happens -.-.) Then the priest gets away. and tries to burn my mana. I have to "wallrun" so he cant do that but then the other rogue gets heal of the priest and mine doesn´t. I really dont know what to do since we don´t even see the slightest bit of a chance. Do you have any tips?

Re: 2v2 Rogue/Pally

any x / priest should be x / pally because priests can mana burn and generally the x's cancel themselves out. but two things you can try would be the following: assuming 35 second hammers in 2v2 pally spec. stun the rogue so your rogue has more time to lock their priest down, or heal your rogue through their rogue's dps, and hope your rogue can lock down the priest, use stuns for the occasional mana burn during a kidney shot or big heal.

I haven't played much as disc priest / rogue (generally run as spriest + rogue), but I do know that if a rogue is on me and my rogue is on him, your rogue will be taking alot more dmg then me. In addition, i'll get bonuses to my healing down to myself, and most of my heals will be instants anyway (stoneform if i need to get your poisons off since i'm dwarf).

the reason your rogue will be taking so much more dmg is my rogue is on your rogues back. You can't dodge or parry from behind. Running as both setups, we will often define what our rogue is doing based upon if there is a melee class on him or not. For example, as spriest + rogue verse warrior + druid, if the warrior is on me, I will solo him while hoping my rogue can lock down the druid (a little more complicated, lots of switches have to happen and i have to help with my CC too). But if the warrior is on our rogue and our rogue doesn't front him, he will die quickly. Generally good warriors will have also built up rage for this (as i am trying to rage starve them with my PW:S) so they can burst through the shield i put on my rogue. and yada yada yada, thats not what your asking about.

point is, I'd recommend not letting melee attack you from behind when it can be avoided. after that, its still kinda a bad matchup for you.

Basically your hosed unless they suck.

Step 1. Rogue on Rogue (opener is going to be key). Never go on priest.
    Step 2. Stun priest (ideally before pain supression isused), you need him to trinket so try and time stun when his rogue is not at full health
    Step 3. Immediately blind priest post trinket (use focus cast, and yes he needs to be in range, can bop rogue and sprint if need be)
    Step 4. Pop pally wings, crit holy shock, judge righteousness, hopefully hammer wrath, rogue needs to die before priest is out of blind.

There's a trick to this that will allow you to win the matchup more than lose. Your Rogue has to be speced Mutilate with 2 points in the Master Poisoner talent. As long as you have this and your Paladin occasionally cleansing, your Rogue will have the mobility advantage to dance around their Rogue with minimum of Wound Poison charges kept up and most likely no Crippling Poison.

As long as your Rogue play smart (Go in with and unload during Kidney Shot, back off outside of Kidney Shot and when low on energy), you will be able to out mana their Priest eventually. Your Paladin should avoid Mana Burns at all costs, if you must heal, either HoJ, Blind the Priest, or Bubble the proceed with healing. A resisted Mass Dispel can turn the mana war further in your favorite.
    http://www.pvpsource.com/ giving you the competitive edge in WoW PvP!

Quote Originally Posted by figrond
    Basically your hosed unless they suck.

Step 1. Rogue on Rogue (opener is going to be key). Never go on priest.
    Step 2. Stun priest (ideally before pain supression isused), you need him to trinket so try and time stun when his rogue is not at full health
    Step 3. Immediately blind priest post trinket (use focus cast, and yes he needs to be in range, can bop rogue and sprint if need be)
    Step 4. Pop pally wings, crit holy shock, judge righteousness, hopefully hammer wrath, rogue needs to die before priest is out of blind.

Step 5. Have your rogue Vanish near the end of the Blind and Sap the priest, who will go ooc during the blind. (= 8-10 sec extra CC)

Also, make sure your rogue Ruptures the other one, so he cant vanish. This is still pretty risky and a good priest will not trinket out of HoJ, since you open with it, his rogue should easily survive for 6 seconds. Luring them into trinketting works to a certain point, but the higher your rating gets, the smarter yur enemies will be. eg. Its better to use trinket on a moment in a fight that matters, than at the start to remove a basic CC, like "omg one more hit and the guy dies" and yu get feared? no trinket? pwnd... trinket? gg u win <3

Hey thanks guys for all these answers I will try them out next time we are facing priest/rogue )