Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

Quote Originally Posted by rackornar
    Clearly you never heard of Naxx where we replaced Lv60 Legendaries with Lv60 epics.
    Are you retarded? Naxx loot is three tiers above MC, where as Sunwell loot has been said to be only one tier above BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeruleas
    Are you retarded? Naxx loot is three tiers above MC, where as Sunwell loot has been said to be only one tier above BT.
    And the last lvl70 raidinstance.
    What diffrence does it make howmany tiers it takes to replace legendary gear?
    It will be replaced, wether it will be in SW or as a lvl 75 questreward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte
    And the last lvl70 raidinstance.
    What diffrence does it make howmany tiers it takes to replace legendary gear?
    It will be replaced, wether it will be in SW or as a lvl 75 questreward.
    Did you just not get to raid naxx?

or

Maybe you're just lying to try and prove a point..

But a good 90% of my Naxx gear didn't get replaced till I got into 70 instances. Some lasted me into Lower Spire in Kara.

So before you go off saying that Last Instance pre-xpac will be replaced halfway to 80.. try to think a little.

Quote Originally Posted by ekochai
    So before you go off saying that Last Instance pre-xpac will be replaced halfway to 80.. try to think a little.
    The subject is the warglaives, not SW loot.
    BT/HY will no longer be the top notch loot, SW stuff will be better, so if you compare it instancewhise SW will become your Naxx and BT/HY will be BWL/AQ40.
    BWL/AQ40 stuff got replaced sooner while lvling up then naxx gear ofc, hell i know plenty of players that used T3 while starting lvl70 raids, just like you said.

Will the warglaives be usefull while lvling to 80? Sure, but that doesnt mean they wont be replaced at all, just because of "lore" reasons or them being legendary.

I am pretty sure that first 3 bosses will have Archimonde/Illidan drop item level. And the 1h swords on screenshot are just pure shit for physical DPS, looks like ZA swords with higher dps, 1.5 speed one looks good for tanking tho. I think Blizz will give us something better, atleast i hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Windcape
    It clearly was a typo, he meant level 70 legendaries will be replaced with level 80 epics.

I somehow doubth very strongly, that the warglaives will find a replacer before Naxxramas 2.0
    According to Blizzard, SW loot will be like AQ loot. Kinda "offsets" special designed towards offspecs , so tanks and healers can easier level in wotlk.
    As druid, I strongly doubth that there will be gear (not weapons), better than Tier6, due to the setbonuses.
    If it was a type he would have said that in his response, not a defense to the point that I made.

Secondly Blizzard has stated the gear would be better than tier 6 but not a tier 7. That doesn't mean it is just for offsets, they said this because like in AQ there will not be unique armor for each class rather than armor types. And as for resto druids unless the SW set bonuses are horrible then it will have to be an upgrade with them, for feral it would be hard to top.

Yea im gona like go crazy i mean come on an epic dagger with more dps then legendary swords? it wasnt like that at sixty days :\.

I personaly find this funny how so many people just jump and scream fake before they even check in question the items properly.

Most items are slightly higher level than 151 (probably 154), which fits the idea that the instance's difficulty will be toward T6 geared people. I have no idea why people think the Two-Hand Axe has a way too high DPS. It seems logical, as it would drop from the last boss of the Sunwell, it will probably have the same kind of "OMFG" type of feeling when you met a top geared warrior smashing your face with Might of Menethil.

The damage range is definately not off, check Cataclysm's Edge, Blizzard just intended to limit it's use so that it doesn't goes overcrazy. So that they normalize the S3 weapon damage to 580 max. (Check all the S3 weapons, they are at 580 top damage, the Edge is at 580, Jin'rohk is at 570, the other random two-hand weapons are also usually limited to 580 top damage.)

The trinkets are pretty much on par with what you'd expect at ilvl 151+, just check out Memento of Tyrande, Skull of Gul'dan or the Band of the Eternal Restorer. If it's not some crazy jewelry, I don't know what is it.

And who remember people screaming fake when Ahn'quiraj or Naxxramas gear got linked? So much people screamed fake.. At that time, when we saw the first screenshots of the Dark Edge of Insanity, everyone screamed fake because most people were completely sure there's no way in hell a two-hand axe should hit this hard. (To remind people, the Axe's damage went from 256 - 385 damage to 242 - 364.)

A lots of this gear might end up becoming the next "rare" piece people would love to obtain in WOTLK because it scaled pretty well, but can't because most people won't do Sunwell over and over anymore at 80. If you remember at all, the screenshot even contained the entry of a Gryphon flying mount for TBC.

Oh and, no, Blizzard never do any typos, ever. Ritssyn's Ring of Choas, for best know item.

Yea im gona like go crazy i mean come on an epic dagger with more dps then legendary swords? it wasnt like that at sixty days :\.
    Just because a epic weapon has more DPS than a Legendary doesn't mean it's going to output more DPS. What make Legendaries are also their procs or special bonuses. Such as Thunderfury, Atiesh or... Warglaives (Haste Proc.) I can guarantee you that you won't go as high as high as a Rogue using Warglaive. The haste proc will make sure of that.

The only thing that feel weird is that the items are so powerful they almost make the Tempest Keep encounter's item legendary weapons like "slightly better than epics" with a extreme proc.

BRUTAL GLADIATOR!!!!

On previous page, somebody said that there PROBABLY will be another arena season before the expansion.
    Well, i don't think so. In pre-TBC there were 3 armor tiers, in TBC there are 3 armor tiers. Arena armor is based on tears (the looks are based on armor tiers).
    And since Sunwell will not bring to us another armor tier - chances to see arena season 4 are very little.

AION is coming.
    Stop QQ about better epix ... it makes little kitty cry.

Is it possible they are real? Everything is possible. But is it likely?

People know how to create good fake items and good fake patch notes. People also know item levels and how to create them, so apart from small glitches, they should look real.

The reason I'm sceptical is quite simple, really:

Vial of Sunwell - collects 100 HOLY energy...

Read this:

The well's potent ARCANE magic fed and strengthened all high elves on Azeroth.
    Sunwell has nothing to do with holy or divine magic in general. It is firmly an arcane well, similar to Well of Eternity on Mt. Hyjal, except slightly less potent. During the Third War, a portion of that magic escaped, while the remainder was corrupted by Kel'Thuzad's awakening. Kael wanted to reignite the energies of Sunwell using Netherstorm's stored supplies (that was the whole purpose of manaforges). So even if Sunwell was reignited, we'd be talking about an arcane well with a mix of fel in it. Besides, Blood Elves (and High Elves before them) placed main emphasis on arcane energies, suggesting Sunwell's energies would primarily be used by "primary casters", such as mages and warlocks. Holy magic does not corrupt, Arcane does. Sunwell was arcane, hence High/Blood Elven addiction to magic. It's the core of lore of the elven race. IF those notes are correct, they're waaaaaaay out of line of Warcraft's story.

Dude it doesn't matter what the energies in the well are. If Blizz needs to follow everything from Lore then game would be something totally different.
    If you don't know that then you probably don't know the lore as well.
    As for S4, I doubt there would be such thing before WotLK because it should be a T7 equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidark
    And the 1h swords on screenshot are just pure shit for physical DPS, looks like ZA swords with higher dps, 1.5 speed one looks good for tanking tho.
    The MH-sword is better than anything currently in the game aside from the Warglaives.
    The OH-sword is at its current state (for my combat rogue) slightly less dps than Blade of Savagery, mainly due to the weapon-speed of BoS, but still has great stats. Granted dthe 1.5 speed Sword has too much Stamina for my taste and would be great for our MT, but nevertheless a great sword for dps too.

The Warglaives SET will still be BY FAR the best melee weapons currently in game, even after Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Dude it doesn't matter what the energies in the well are. If Blizz needs to follow everything from Lore then game would be something totally different.
    If you don't know that then you probably don't know the lore as well.
    It has nothing to do with "following the lore". Metzen himself stated that arcane and holy can on their core do the very same deeds, except in a slightly different way. This means arcane can also mend wounds, it's just usually not used that way. If Blizzard wanted to, they could easily keep "Mending the wounds", all it would be different is the school of magic (arcane instead of holy). As I said, this isn't some backwater demon race you could change to your liking into "holy demons". The arcane source of Sunwell, the corruption caused by it to elves, the restoration efforts, though, are the heart and soul of not just Burning Crusade, but Frozen Throne as well. Hell, the whole freaking Netherstorm -> Tempest Keep storyline deals with it! Even Illidan story is bound to that same corruption. Sure Blizzard could use that trinket, it's just extremely unlikely, imo. In essence, what I'm saying is, it's possible. I'm just sceptical.

On a side note: from those icons, I recognize Bastion of Light (purple shield). I remember the top left sword (where there are two same ones next to eachother) from somewhere too, just can't place it right now.

Mate... I know the lore k? It doesn't matter what kind of energies the well uses. It's just a fuckin trinket worn by some idiot fellow stuck in an instance. Even if it says "this is Sunwell property" on the trinket it doesn't change the fact that the guy wearing it might be a blood elf paladin living near the Sunwell thus needing holy energy...

Of course it doesn't matter. However, take a look at how Blizzard did past items? Gul'dan was a caster. His skull was said to possess great mystical power. So, why didn't Blizzard just use it as a head of a mace. It would certainly look cool to smack people with Gul'dan's skull. Or Gorehowl. Why isn't that a caster weapon? It wouldn't even need to be the axe. How about the corrupted Ashbringer? Why doesn't that cause Holy Damage?

My point is, it CAN be done. It's just usually NOT done that way. If an item lore-wise suggests something, then it's likely to be used in that way. The only real exception to this was Atiesh and even then we've had several versions of it for each corresponding class.

But, as I said, that's just my thoughts. You believe whatever you want, I trust my judgement. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Now, back to figuring out where the hell I've seen that sword before.

Good thing Illidan's Warblades aren't legendary because they were taken from a mere idiot guard demon.
    Oh wait...

I'm kind of an noobie on this, but how would you 'fake-claimers' explain the icons we've never seen before? I know it's possible to add new items to a private server, but how about icons (as in, graphical stuff)?

Offcourse they could've been 'shopped in the screenshot, but that's not very likely.

Zonderpardon, making a new icon for the game is a joke. Hell, even making a new model is perfectly possible, people just can't be arsed. WoW works on a similar principle as previous Blizzard's games, with mpq files serving as "libraries" (akin to zip files) for m2 (models) and blp (skins, icons). To change the icon, you only need to change the corresponding blp file. There's loads of tools floating around to do this. It doesn't even take much time, so one who would want to fake it, would only need to change a few icons with random stuff from god knows where and put it to item objects he changed. Piece of cake to do, especially on a private server.

As I said, I don't have the explanation for most icons, but that sword looks awfully familiar, no idea from where, though. May be just my mind playing tricks on me and I might be waaay off and this is actually real, of course. We won't know until we see the actual PTR or at least confirmed screenie (which won't happen, so PTR it is). Shouldn't take too long anyway.

Good thing Illidan's Warblades aren't legendary because they were taken from a mere idiot guard demon.
    Oh wait...
    They're Illidan's blades, carried by the Betrayer, the symbol of Demon Hunters (though he technically never was one of them). Hence legendary. Tbh, Gorehowl should be legendary too, Hellscream is a legend.

Oh, btw., Azzinoth was a doomguard commander, not just some "mere guard demon". You know, kinda like Kazzak is "a mere guard demon"?