Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

Quote Originally Posted by tufy
    Of course it doesn't matter. However, take a look at how Blizzard did past items? Gul'dan was a caster. His skull was said to possess great mystical power. So, why didn't Blizzard just use it as a head of a mace. It would certainly look cool to smack people with Gul'dan's skull. Or Gorehowl. Why isn't that a caster weapon? It wouldn't even need to be the axe. How about the corrupted Ashbringer? Why doesn't that cause Holy Damage?

My point is, it CAN be done. It's just usually NOT done that way. If an item lore-wise suggests something, then it's likely to be used in that way. The only real exception to this was Atiesh and even then we've had several versions of it for each corresponding class.

But, as I said, that's just my thoughts. You believe whatever you want, I trust my judgement. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Now, back to figuring out where the hell I've seen that sword before.
    For all we know this can be a quest reward for turning in KJ head, say the quest line has the Naaru (holy beings) purify the Sunwell, there is a likely explanation. See the fact stands that you have no clue what happens once we clear the instancec therefore you can not guess at what the lore justifies or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tufy
    Oh, btw., Azzinoth was a doomguard commander, not just some "mere guard demon". You know, kinda like Kazzak is "a mere guard demon"?
    And Archimonde was... what... meat shield?

/sarcasm off dude......
    Now here's how it should've sounded:
    Archimonde has no legendary and a stupid doomguard has legendary glaves.
    Ok now?

Do you even know what kind of a lore whore I am? Please read all my posts and suck up the knowledge.

Edit: Ha, I actually even predicted something - http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...sg3032#msg3032

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Windcape
    Stop screaming for games without a decent backstory. The lore is what made WoW so great and populare.

It's like watching a movie without a script, you really belive that ever could be successfull?
    lmao, lore is good. but I would bet 80-90% (or more) of the people that have a WoW account (even raiders) couldn't answer the simplest question about lore relating to things established in the earlier games.

Just because I successfully raid and enjoy Wow doesn't mean I know the slightest bit about the lore. I never played any of the earlier games. mostly because I absolutely hate RTS games and never could get into the originals. there are way too many people that assume a "veteran" WoW player memorized all the lore pertaining to it.

I know how to play my classes, I know what to do with those classes on the various boss fights, I know the math behind the stats I need to stack and where to balance them. but I personally could care less about the lore. wand while some people do enjoy the lore (and thats fine) the lore isn't why I play this game and I know i'm not in the minority about this.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Now here's how it should've sounded:
    Archimonde has no legendary and a stupid doomguard has legendary glaves.
    Ok now?
    Nope. Illidan has legendary glaves that were looted from a doomguard. That's the whole point. It's glaves of Illidan, the symbol of Demon Hunters. As you said, there's plenty of demon hunters around. Who's to say they don't have equally powerful weapons on them? But neither of all those demon hunters is Illidan. You don't get it? Take a look at Sulfuras, the Hand of Ragnaros. Why is that mace so famous? Not because it's powerful. An average green dagger today has more dps. But none of those daggers is the Hand of Ragnaros. Or, let's take an example of Atiesh, the Staff of Medivh:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22589

Pretty cool staff, isn't it? Compare to this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32374

Atiesh is legendary, because it was the staff of the Guardian. Yet dps-wise, it can't even hope to compare with some nameless epic from Illidan. So, if the Guardian was obviously more powerful than Illidan, why doesn't the staff reflect it?

That's my point - the Twin Glaves of Azzinoth will sooner or later be replaced. But even with those tens of new and powerful epics, none of them will be Illidan's glaves. None of them will be spoken of in legends. None of them will be... legendary.

Yaja:

You know, it kinda pains me when I see people go "oh, that's orange, NEED!" It's kinda funny. There's a green sword in Halaa sold by a vendor for 8g. Small price, easy to get, best 2h sword before level 70 for retri palas. Yet very few palas get it. Why? "pft, green, that's crap". That's the actual attitude of people in game. They don't think, they just look at the loot's color and judge everything by that. It's true, Windcape, most people (including you, it seems) don't give a shit about lore. Hell, 99% of my raid doesn't give a shit about lore. Then you go to official forums and see stuff like "gief Drow race!" or something. You know why I started playing this game? Because Blood Mages in Frozen Throne kicked ass. I wanted a high or blood elf mage. There was no High Elves and no elf mages in retail WoW. So I picked a human, believing that one day they would be added. And they were, just on the horde side. And there were people all surprised. "omg, you can't give good elves to evil side!". To me, it made all the sense in the world even then. Blood Elves were betrayed by Garithos in TFT, then spied on by Night Elves and Dwarves in Burning Crusade. They wanted out, Alliance was out of the question, so Horde was the only logical choice. It made sense. But I wouldn't know this, if I didn't follow the story. You know, see what the hell the Night Elves are doing around, dispose of a certain dwarf, act as an emissary of Silvermoon to Thrall, etc. People go into Netherstorm and grab blues, then they go into Tempest Keep instances and grab epix, then they raid the Eye and eventually, they'll go to Sunwell and grab more epix. In 1 year, what will that help? Those epix will long since be obsolete, their time spent on something passing. This is where story comes in. I walked my Draenei from the crash on Azuremyst, observed the horrors caused by those addicted Blood Elves, saw the race being connected to the Man'ari, walked into Outland and saw the destruction caused by Orcs. Entered Netherstorm, observed the horrors caused by Kael and eventually helped my friends down him. But the story is not done yet, one more chapter is to be written, at Sunwell. On this path, gear is but means to an end.

In a way, both you and me are playing for fun, but for different reasons. What you are claiming, though, is that my fun doesn't matter, as long as yours gets served. Sadly, my friend, that I have to strongly object. My fun is just as important as yours. Story matters just as much as loot. Without the background, WoW is just another MMO.

and I know i'm not in the minority about this.
    I wouldn't be so sure. Wow was the largest MMO ever published, the first MMO by Blizzard. For a HUGE number of people, it's the first MMO they ever played. Why? Because WoW would be superior to any game out there? I highly doubt that, I've played a lot of excellent games. WoW has what it takes to make a good game: great story, background, community and gameplay.

You're talking to a guy that had a green chest for most of his level 70 and everyone in heroics asked "mate are you sure you can handle this?" They still do because I'm all blue now and no epics at all. But the item level of my blues is actually often greater then the ilvl of their purples.
    But anyways.
    I understand that Illidan's Warglaves are... well Illidan's. And I'm not sure if it'll surprise you that he's my top fav character in War3 ever since I first saw him and his glaves. But I assure you that this was NOT my point. It all started with that stupid trinket and I was saying was that YES it can be made out of holy energies. I don't know why it's so hard to understand that there can BE one trinket in the sunwell that uses holy!! The Sunwell doesn't impact items, it impacts ppl.

It all started with that stupid trinket and I was saying was that YES it can be made out of holy energies. I don't know why it's so hard to understand that there can BE one trinket in the sunwell that uses holy!! The Sunwell doesn't impact items, it impacts ppl.
    In a way, you're right. But, we're talking of a Vial of Sunwell, which was made of a vial of Well of Eternity, which in turn is the very source of arcane on Azeroth. That's why I have a hard time linking that vial to holy energy, that's all there is to it.

Anyway, according to worldofraids, the pic seems semi-confirmed as well, so I guess I'm almost proven wrong.

You're talking to a guy that had a green chest for most of his level 70 and everyone in heroics asked "mate are you sure you can handle this?" They still do because I'm all blue now and no epics at all. But the item level of my blues is actually often greater then the ilvl of their purples.
    But anyways.
    Epics get more item points per item level than greens and blues. Just because your items item level was higher didn't mean it was better.

Gavel of Unearthed Secrets (Epic item level 100)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30832

Runesong Dagger (Rare item level 112)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27868

I read that the item seems trusty. But if thats true im quiet disappointed with the sword they provide yet again.
    Would be nice to have a sword with gems was hopping for that from Sunwell :P but hey we will yet see

Quote Originally Posted by Windcape
    Stop screaming for games without a decent backstory. The lore is what made WoW so great and populare.
    You're kidding, right?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Busko
    I read that the item seems trusty. But if thats true im quiet disappointed with the sword they provide yet again.
    Would be nice to have a sword with gems was hopping for that from Sunwell :P but hey we will yet see
    Go for [Twinblade of the Phoenix] . That's a sword with gems.

You show all the items, when that all will come? :-X