What are your thoughts on ret pally and resto shammy in 2v2

Hey all just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on a resto shammy and ret pally. WE formed up the otehr night and went 9-3 only problems that gave us was disc/holy priest and ms warrior. Got the resto druid ms warrior combo down tho.

Re: What are your thoughts on ret pally and resto shammy in 2v2

Quote Originally Posted by Airmedic
    Hey all just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on a resto shammy and ret pally. WE formed up the otehr night and went 9-3 only problems that gave us was disc/holy priest and ms warrior. Got the resto druid ms warrior combo down tho.
    any good healer will give you trouble as you have no healing reduction effects. druids yes if you stick to them with the shaman for purge and shocks with justice on you can drop him, but a good warrior should force the shaman into healing the retadin, and when freedom isnt up the druid will be free to kite.

Something is definately wrong there if you can beat a druid + warrior but can't beat a priest + warrior. At least the druid still gets lifebloom final ticks even if you spam purge them. Whereas the priest shouldn't even be able to get a heal of between the two of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacristar
    Something is definately wrong there if you can beat a druid + warrior but can't beat a priest + warrior. At least the druid still gets lifebloom final ticks even if you spam purge them. Whereas the priest shouldn't even be able to get a heal of between the two of you.
    Agreed, its proof that you are still in a low bracket.

Once you get up against a decent rogue / priest team , or war / druid, or even lock / druid where mana burn comes into play you will be shut down almost instantly. having no ability to mitigate drain will be your undoing.

Find a decent warrior and just do 3s. You will end up getting a similar rating, if not better, without struggling as much.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Airmedic
    Imo you really have to be holy if you want to get a good rating in arena with pala, ret pally aint good vs any class ^^. Too easily cc'd. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    Imo you really have to be holy if you want to get a good rating in arena with pala, ret pally aint good vs any class ^^. Too easily cc'd. Just my opinion.
    our warrior/retadin/resto druid combo was top 10 in the battlegroup for the first 6-7 weeks and at its highest was 2200 rating rank 5

they work well if used properly, more so than holy pallies in 3v3, its just that 2v2 you need healing reduction.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    our warrior/retadin/resto druid combo was top 10 in the battlegroup for the first 6-7 weeks and at its highest was 2200 rating rank 5

they work well if used properly, more so than holy pallies in 3v3, its just that 2v2 you need healing reduction.
    Ok, could have been wrong :P Atleast I said it's my opinion ^^
    And you say ''If used properly'', well, that can be true ofcourse, but can it be I've never fighten a properly used retri pala then?