Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Expansion is in the air!

Can't you feel the expansion coming along , because blizzard are now practically giving away items.

* All 25- player raid bosses that drop set tokens will now drop an additional token!
    * Gems obtained through Heroic difficulty instances are no longer Unique-equipped.
    * Loot dropped by Doomlord Kazzak and Doomwalker has been changed to Bind on Equip. In addition, the cash dropped by these bosses has been significantly increased.
    * Scale of the Sands reputation will now be awarded in Hyjal at a much higher rate.

I mean come on BOE from 2 World Bosses , its not the best of gear no , but its certainly going to help the people in greens and blues if sold at a reasonable price.

Also let me get this straight the 25 man bosses drop 2 tokens now anyway , now they are going to drop 3 , but are the substituting 1 item from the other loot table aswell?
    E.G. ( not accurate dont flame please )
    Before patch :
    Illidan dies , he drops 2 tokens , 1 warglaive , 1 shield , 1 memento of tyrande ( spelling )

After Patch :
    Illidan dies , he drops 3 tokens , 1 warglaive , 1 shield .

Or will it just be an extra token do you think?

On a side note , the gem idea is pure gold , a couple of those heroic epic gems are good but would be so much more sort after and get people doing heroics if they could get a couple in there gear especially some mitigation for warriors that are only starting out in the heroic scene.

// Galvathor / Värka

Re: Expansion is in the air!

Extra token.
    And ofc Blizz is givin away items. That's a common thing for a new expansion. ;]

Thing that sucks, I'll be hitting exated with scale in about, meh, 4 weeks, maybe 5. I'm assuming that the buff won't even touch me >.>.

Thats only to gear people up for the new sunwell instance coming in 2.4 so that people that are currently farming BT/Hyjal will get the gear faster (sothere will probably some kind of equipment check at one of the first sunwell bosses) and people that are not yet in BT/Hyjal will get more T5 or equivalent gear/gems so they can kill Kael'thas/Vashj ealier and progress faster.

Regarding the expansion (I guess you mean wotlk) I don't think the first mobs or levelinstances in northrend will require high end raiding equip.

And i also guess that more importantly, it will help those that are currently doing T5 content to get boost through BT and hyjal, therefore allowing them a greater chance to reach sunwell before the expansion, since gearing in those places would be a little quicker (albeit you still have to spend the time to reach the bosses that actually drop those items), also i guess with the current rep gain from hyjal it would be a little unfair towards those just starting it or not there yet, since it would probably get harder to manage to assemble the rep needed in time.

And in all a nice list even though i doubt i will be affected by it. However will also say the BoE change to world bosses is understandable, but still a little over the top.

Who would want to raid kazzak/doomwalker in 2.4?

Their gear is still on par with karazhan/masters terrace, there is still a high pvp risk, gold will be even more worthless (25 daily a day).

The token thing is nice though, now they just need to remove attunements from MH

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Windcape
    If you can't kill Kael'thas Sunstrider and Lady Vashj, you don't deserve to enter Hyjal, ever.

Special not when the first 3 bosses in Hyjal, AND Black Temple is EASIER than Kael'thas....
    I agree 100%.

Stop sucking at raiding and Kill Kael'thas and Vashj. Then you can get into Hyjal.

I've never understood why ppl complain at attunements being removed. It makes it easier for everyone, doesnt it? Guilds who are recruiting ppl, dont need to get them attuned. And if youre telling me you dont want bad guilds being able to get free loot, then why? Is it bad for you that someone else can get good gear?

I dont know about you but I was happy when they removed SSC/TK attunements because it made it alot easier for the guild I was in back then, since we didnt have to help new recruits through heroics to get their TK attunement.

It made it easier for you, but it didn't do a thing for guilds that had already kicked their asses trying to get everyone attuned. TK attunement was a pain in the butt with the gear we had back then. Just like Lootreaver; rage, anetheron, HWL Najentus, and supremus are all encounters that just scream, " Grats, you got attuned!". Now with pvp giving away good epics, raiding doesn't get the limelight we use to get. The one thing we have left is the attunements to set us apart from the rest of the scraps.

Honestly, no one cares about the gear. Scrups in T6 will still be scrubs. Hell, my guild is just ganna be getting more shards since our druids already have 4 sets of gear. What we are upset about is the degradation of the game. There is a huge feeling of accomplishment when you get attuned to TK, and the same feeling when we get into hyjal. That feeling of success is what drives raiders. Every time you take something like that away, it just kills us a little more on the inside.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kozikk
    What we are upset about is the degradation of the game. There is a huge feeling of accomplishment when you get attuned to TK, and the same feeling when we get into hyjal. That feeling of success is what drives raiders. Every time you take something like that away, it just kills us a little more on the inside.
    QFT

I agree. I was attuned to SSC/TK before they took out the attunement, and while that was a welcomed change, I do not think taking out the attunement to Hyjal or BT will help anything. It would completely ignores the storyline and the players would miss out on the epic feeling of downing Kael'thas or Vashj for the first time.

My solution would be to add an item, much like they used to for vashj/kael, when you kill Illidan/Archimonde that would allow a GM to attune one or two people. Possibly friends of friends or a rerolled player in the guild. However, if you are at this point, I assume you can go back to SSC/TK and rekey people every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Windcape
    The problem with Hyjal, is it allows you to kill SIX easy bosses, and get loot that is WAY BETTER than what TK/SSC bosses offer.

It will, in princip, allow you to ignore Vashj and Kael'thas untill you reach Illidan. And due to the way KT is designed, alot of guilds have trouble with him
    (and Archimonde).
    The storyline is quite clear about why Vashj and KT needs to die, and there is no reason to change that.

Otherwise you could just start let SSC bosses drop T6.. it's in princip the same thing.
    I can see what you saying, as a casual guild on our server (3 nights a week) downed Kael, and then the next few nights did 3 bosses in BT and 3 in Hyjal, almost all on their first try. They are pretty happy with how easy the start of BT/Hyjal are, and are just farming them for now for Hearts, gems, and loot.

Casuals will get more and more as we get closer to xpac.
    You think the more hardcore players will be playing the beta when they can?

I don't see it coming till Jan '09. 2.4 is taking a long time to come out and will take a long time to test.

Remember how long Blizzard takes for beta tests also?

Also we have a severe lack of information.The kind BC had when it was first announced.

Sunwell is reputation based advancement too and thats a huge sign.

sunwell is similar to aq pre bc, and i assume thats how far long off the next expansion is off
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Lurr
    Who would want to raid kazzak/doomwalker in 2.4?

Their gear is still on par with karazhan/masters terrace, there is still a high pvp risk, gold will be even more worthless (25 daily a day).

The token thing is nice though, now they just need to remove attunements from MH
    NO, their gear is alot better than kara, its equal to anything u see in SSC/TK, and some stuff in hyjal.

and again...no, there is a reason for attunments, if your guild cant kill vash/kael, then you dont belong in hyjal, because you will complain more about wiping then you would about not being able to get in

I think blizz is farther along with the xpac than they were with BC. There is already a beastiary, and lots of screen shots. Screen shots are better than art, because it means that the areas are already programmed in. To be completely honest, I am not expecting much out of sunwell. I think blizz started with the expansion, realized the amount of time between BT's release and WotLK, and decided to put in something to fill the void. Killing Illidan is a pretty good conclusion to the BC storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Casuals will get more and more as we get closer to xpac.
    You think the more hardcore players will be playing the beta when they can?
    Once sunwell is cleared, you bet. Whoever can get on the beta will be all over it.

Im thinking they will nerf BT / Hyjal trash once sunwell is being cleared on a weekly basis, Im thinking somehow they are "Casualising" wow. We saw it with the opening of Zul A'man were you had loot who could compare to BT & Hyjal loot. It's like 2-3% maybe even less of the entire wow community who has expirienced the end-game raiding, ie getting past TK & SSC, I think that's why their proberly gonna make it easier, So that more people can experience these instances.

Same thing with naxx, 5% of the general raiding guilds world wide set foot in naxx. Which is prob why their are re-releasing it in Wotlk so more people can experience it.

anyway, that's my pov, and that's just lmaosauce to own ass. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nurlock
    Im thinking they will nerf BT / Hyjal trash once sunwell is being cleared on a weekly basis, Im thinking somehow they are "Casualising" wow. We saw it with the opening of Zul A'man were you had loot who could compare to BT & Hyjal loot.
    Only a few pieces of ZA loot are comparable to Hyjal/BT. Most of it is SSC level. Also, ZA is hardly "casual" in my opinion. It's relatively challenging and has a high reward/effort ratio; you don't even get two items per boss for awhile unless you succeed at the timed event, which is something not even some BT guilds can do on a regular basis.