Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: 2.4 Test realm patch notes

Lame ass stuff, BT / hyjal attunement was easy, if you didn't suck, you could do it.

It is kind of sad that this is the big patch they hyped, a couple of dungeons slapped together out of existing assets, a few more UI tweaks, zzzzzzz

Despite the endless pool of money they make, original, interesting content seems to be a venture lost on Blizzard. Everquest and FFXI had better patches than this for Christ Sake

I have downloaded this. When PTR servers do come up, how do I get on them?

That bow is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    That bow is scary.
    The bow is the exact same DPS as Bristleblitz + Hyjal Ammo. Better DPS stats, though.

If there's some other gun / ranged weapon from Sunwell (notice the models), it'll be better, if you choose to use ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilo
    I have downloaded this. When PTR servers do come up, how do I get on them?
    By copying your character via the Character Copy page once that is up as well.

Once you've stopped crying a river and mewling over how underwhelming this is, it's time to find out why.

First off, Blizzard announced that the "real" class changes will be coming in a patch between this one (2.4.0) and the release of WotLK. NOT in this one. Source.

And then there's the promised PvP balancing. Well, it seems this was all that was needed to balance the scales sufficiently. And keep in mind that it's Blizzard that calls the shots in that regard. Also, more changes can be introduced during the PTR testing. That's what it's there for, after all.

And lastly, we get new content! That beats simple changes and hotfixes any day of the week!

15+ Year Old Account

is that bow confirmed?

Can we get a mirror for the US Test Realm Client? University firewall is being a prick as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    That bow is scary.
    Indeed, good BM hunters already beat everybody on dps meters given the right group. In BG's they already lead killing blows and dmg done pretty much always.
    And now not only do they get their legendary weapon before a new expansion which means they'll most likely be supreme for quite some time but they also become the cheapest class ever with no costs for arrows/bullets on top of their already seriously deminished repaircosts (FD ftw)

And then the worst part.. compare it with the currently best bow ingame.. 50% more dps!!
    Compare the current best 2H sword (Cataclysm's Edge) with the best bow (Black Bow of the Betrayer) or the legendary Kael weapon (Netherstrand Longbow)
    Now compare the sunwell best 2H (http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...well_loots.jpg with this legendary bow.

Somebody please explain how that bow can be so much above anything else?

I creamed in my pants over that bow. 353 minimum damage is nearly what we have as max damage on our bows at the moment ;O

148 DPS? nurf

That bow is sooo gonna be mine :P

Quote Originally Posted by enno
    Indeed, good BM hunters already beat everybody on dps meters given the right group. In BG's they already lead killing blows and dmg done pretty much always.
    And now not only do they get their legendary weapon before a new expansion which means they'll most likely be supreme for quite some time but they also become the cheapest class ever with no costs for arrows/bullets on top of their already seriously deminished repaircosts (FD ftw)

And then the worst part.. compare it with the currently best bow ingame.. 50% more dps!!
    Compare the current best 2H sword (Cataclysm's Edge) with the best bow (Black Bow of the Betrayer) or the legendary Kael weapon (Netherstrand Longbow)
    Now compare the sunwell best 2H (http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...well_loots.jpg with this legendary bow.

Somebody please explain how that bow can be so much above anything else?
    Take the Illidan/Arch bow and add arrow dps to them, their dps is comparable to the legendary. It will be an increase is steady shot dps though, I think.

I repeat, the bow uses no ammo DPS. So, Bristleblitz + Ammo = the same DPS as the Legendary bow. So the only increase in DPS hunters will see is via Steady Shot, which doesn't use ammo, and base weapon damage instead.

Did Blizzard totally forget about us struggling herbalists and miners? It was stated that there was going be a TREMENDOUS amount of nod's added in 2.4 - But I cant seem to find any notes on it..

But lol at the fact that you can kill vahsj and kael without killing anyone else, also the preq for bt and hyjal getting removed was quite obvious.

Legendary Stat Stick, what a let down. I guess it will be nice to have for trash in WotLK.

Deleted

It's nice they nerfed shamans while they buffed resto druids and warriors , pvp is balanced around Kalgan's arena team.Good job , bet you will be rocking with you;re S4 weapon too , good job /quit

Quote Originally Posted by Spifli
    # Players will no longer require an attunement quest to enter Hyjal.
    # Players will no longer require an attunement quest to enter the Black Temple.
    # Players who have completed the attunement quests for Black Temple and Hyjal will be granted the title of “Hand of A’dal”.

these are just lol
    What's really lol is that they haven't mentioned Karazhan.
    So if they do not remove the Kara attunement it will be the hardest dungeon to get in.

Now thats LOL
    I'm a force of nature..... with lazorz ... PEW PEW !!

I'm liking the bow, some of the Sunwell stuff looks good too.

removing the attunements for hyjal and BT is a fucking shame, Blizzard wants to make easy the game, but in the last times they have lost their sense of ridiculous