Thread: Brutallus

Brutallus

This was taken at 12:11 US PvE server Time 2/11/08.

The fight is the Gear Check of Sunwell with a 6 minute enrage timer.

3 Tanks, no other choice... unless you need 4.
    8-9 Healers, Yes this will push your healing like Najentus did, but its not so raid wide if people spread out. Your tanks however will always the ability to take 20k dmg in the matter of about 1 swing's time.
    12-14 DPS, Rogues/Mages most favorable, as they have a gimme when it comes to his fire debuff. Having that over multiple people is extremely strenuous to your healers.

Brutallus

Enrage 6 Minutes.

7.7 Million Hp

Arcing Swing- 70k, much like Sharaz, split between 3 tanks it was hitting about 10k a piece for us.

Deals a debuff to a random raid member that consists of the following
    60 sec duration
    spreads to any nearby players (5yd radius) casuses exact same debuff
    first 10 secs ticks for 100dmg, then 10s-20s, 200dmg, 20s-30s 400dmg, 30s-40s 800, 40s-50s 1600, 50s-60s 3200 dmg per tick.
    Can be resisted, can be CoS'd, IB'd, pali bubble.
    ^
    This can afflict the tanks.

He hits on our MT full T6, 20k HP uncrushable etc. for 6-8k

Cleaves on cloth for 20k, Cleave has a 15yd frontal 180 degree radius.

Hit box is huge.

100-0% 1 phase.

The opportunity is enormous for insane burst dmg on the tank, we had an attempt that followed suit to a 10k arcing 7k melee insta death in the matter of .13 sec. You need to keep the tanks topped off at all times.

He also has a manuever that wasn't often seen, even some pulls we didn't even see it used, that reduces the main aggro target's armor by 25%, not sure of the duration, but its another factor.

You need a raid effective DPS of 21,388.88 in order to kill him at the bare minimum. The average makeup will have about 13 DPS slots, and as a result all 13 are forced to meet a bare minimum of 1,645.29 DPS.

In essence, welcome to the gear check of Sunwell.

Sorry for the time lapses, posting between pulls.

Re: Brutallus

Most guilds would appreciate not posting spoilers until there are many kills and variations of strats are discussed.
    <Seriously Casual> US Top 40 Recruiting: Druid (Feral DPS), Priest (Disc/Holy) and Warlock
    Hunter / Priest / Shaman / Warrior
    UI v6: http://drop.io/madskhealz

Quote Originally Posted by Natedog
    Most guilds would appreciate not posting spoilers until there are many kills and variations of strats are discussed.
    Then don't read?

then don't look at it?
    http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/Lionhert312/Picture1.png

Quote Originally Posted by Natedog
    You see the title of the thread. If you don't want to know about it, don't read it. Duh.

Errr, check your math?

4.7 million HP in 6 mins is a mere 13.5k raid dps.

Unless you aren't saying something, what you described is Patchwerk 2.0 with Agonizing Flames. Should be rather simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Xizorz
    Errr, check your math?

4.7 million HP in 6 mins is a mere 13.5k raid dps.
    shiz, sorry ya'll seriously I'm trying to get things set right, been raiding for about 12 hours today lol, 7.7mil was our max tracked hp. We had ranges from 7.1-7.7, My fault entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Alihandras
    shiz, sorry ya'll seriously I'm trying to get things set right, been raiding for about 12 hours today lol, 7.7mil was our max tracked hp. We had ranges from 7.1-7.7, My fault entirely.
    Ah, makes much more sense. That puts raid dps values in the 20-22k range; 15 dpsers at 1500 dps each, or 13 dpsers at 1700 dps each. Not unreasonable, but not trivial either.

Brutallus has a killer enrage. Our raid took him to 29% and then he enraged. I believe it was about 6 minutes into the fight, give or take.

Here's a high-quality video of the enrage (right click & save as):

http://intref.com/rip-direct/2008021...s%20Enrage.avi

Quote Originally Posted by Xizorz
    Ah, makes much more sense. That puts raid dps values in the 20-22k range; 15 dpsers at 1500 dps each, or 13 dpsers at 1700 dps each. Not unreasonable, but not trivial either.
    At the same time, no combat log reading mods work so we never had a full gauge, I'll pull the combat log tomorrow and scan it over. The new Clog is just messing with everything, I'll get my numbers right, but the main point of the post is to point out his abilities that we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Paitum
    Brutallus has a killer enrage. Our raid took him to 29% and then he enraged. I believe it was about 6 minutes into the fight, give or take.

Here's a high-quality video of the enrage (right click & save as):

http://intref.com/rip-direct/2008021...s%20Enrage.avi
    Ya we I have an SS about 30 seconds later when he enraged at 21% and finished up wiping us, if you look at that SS I already posted you see "Far" dead, he was one of the tanks, so his arcing smash finished off the other two as we pulled around. We timed it and kept turning up a 6 minute enrage, so its a very hard timer at this point. But imo it should stick for the simple reason of the test.