Page 1 of 3
LastLast

arena drinking change?

I've been reading a bit about an upcoming change to drinking in arenas, but I can't seem to find a blue source.

Anyone got a link?
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

Re: arena drinking change?

i couldn't find it just now, may be on the 24 page 2.4 news thread, but i know it was discussed in several places on mmo-champ, and there were links to blue posts, i'll look some more in a bit and see if i can find it.

15+ Year Old Account

What's gonna be changed ? They are gonna make an max of waters drinkable in 1 game or so? Didn't see any link of this so..

the mana gained from the first 6 seconds is different, basically 0 for the first tick, then normal + 33% and normal + 66%. so the only thing that will change in 2.4 is if you drink for less than 6 seconds. if you drink for more than 6 seconds the mana will always remain the same.

this was just to account for arena drinking. i'm busy at work atm but if i can i will find the link, i know its on mmo in multiple threads, was a drysc post i believe.

15+ Year Old Account

Hmm sounds good, for me

"After the change the first tick will give you nothing, second tick will give you normal tick+66% extra, the third tick normal+33% extra, and then it levels back off after that. So, at the ~6 second mark (or after three ticks) you've made as much as you would have before."

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...o=11&sid=1#209

I see this as a big buff to night elves because it nerfs everyone that has a hard time drinking for at least 4 seconds. Shadow meld is a great way to guarantee that you will get multiple drink ticks off.

It is going to hurt hunters (at least how I play my hunter it will). I constantly feign/drink even if it is only for 1 tick.

Night elf druid/hunter teams already have a huge advantage over horde druid/hunter teams, so it sucks that they are going to make a change to widen the gap even more.

I agree with you Ordin, you should voice your opinion on the PTR when they add this change. The current strat for high rating 2v2 is to rip through water whenever possible and it's not very fun nor does it have anything to do with PVP IMO. I think if Blizzard wants to buff mana classes so badly then they should put more collectibles in arena (like the purple true sight thing) for people to run around and find when they have low mana.

This incorporates additional strategy into games instead of forcing you to make drink macros...

problem as I see it is that some classes, like druids and priests, have a much easier time making room for drinking. They can throw hots/shield, or just run away as druid, to buy enough time to get a few seconds drinking, whereas paladins are forced to be ready at all times and shamans as well if there's a dispeller for earthshield.

With mana draining/burning being such a big part of arena these days, it's simply unfair that it's easier for some classes to get drinking time. Though I agree that drinking should not be allowed while shadowmelded, or make it break shadowmeld.

Its like blizzard is trying to make arenas unbalanced. As a shaman that first tick helped me so much now I will be lucky to get that second tick off. Certainly not a buff directly to druids in arenas but it sure will help

I swear I thought this said Arena Drinking Age and was about to break out laughing xD
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Deleted

Funny how they buff the lame combinations even more...
    It will be IMPOSSIBLE to gain any mana at all in a 5v5 - will be pretty hard to get more than 2 ticks from 3v3 and as for 2on2 it will remain the same for those druid/X Teams...

As playing pally hunter, it will be a hard - really hard patch for us, since my (as i am the hunter) will have a hard time dealing constant damage. Manadrain nerf really kicks our asses and WLs buff hurts this one even more....
    This is so much fun when a lock now get's me OOM WAY faster, than i can do it to him... And he still can lifetap and lifedrain...

As someone here said, sometimes it feels like blizz is trying to imbalance the lower brackets more and more....

Quote Originally Posted by Tokiko
    Funny how they buff the lame combinations even more...
    It will be IMPOSSIBLE to gain any mana at all in a 5v5 - will be pretty hard to get more than 2 ticks from 3v3 and as for 2on2 it will remain the same for those druid/X Teams...

As playing pally hunter, it will be a hard - really hard patch for us, since my (as i am the hunter) will have a hard time dealing constant damage. Manadrain nerf really kicks our asses and WLs buff hurts this one even more....
    This is so much fun when a lock now get's me OOM WAY faster, than i can do it to him... And he still can lifetap and lifedrain...

As someone here said, sometimes it feels like blizz is trying to imbalance the lower brackets more and more....
    Yeah, just when hunters are starting to become a viable class in arena they need to nerf them and buff warlocks who are already a dominate class in ALL arena brackets.

Guess I better push to get that extra ~80 rating now so I can hit 2k before the patch comes out and get my shoulders before I get nerfed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Spam-drinking is idiotic, so this nerf is great, and they could have gone further imo.

However, they should fix Shadowmeld drinking at the same time, if they don't, this change is even more idiotic than spam-drinking was in the first place!
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Yeah, for several classes it's really a nerf. All those classes who have no passive mana regen tools/skills, like paladins, shamans and hunters. Just drain them and problem solved. One way to balance 2vs2 and 3vs3 is to balance all classes which means quite a lot of work for Blizzard. A much simpler way is to limit it to a handful of classes and focus on those instead ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by woeye
    Yeah, for several classes it's really a nerf. All those classes who have no passive mana regen tools/skills, like paladins, shamans and hunters. Just drain them and problem solved. One way to balance 2vs2 and 3vs3 is to balance all classes which means quite a lot of work for Blizzard. A much simpler way is to limit it to a handful of classes and focus on those instead ;-)
    like blessing of wisdom, water shield, aspect of the viper...oh wait?

also resil affects mana burn/drain effects next patch, so 25% less is quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    like blessing of wisdom, water shield, aspect of the viper...oh wait?
    *dies from laughing*

No, seriously, Blessing of Wisdom? *dies again from laughing*

Quote Originally Posted by fyske
    *dies from laughing*

No, seriously, Blessing of Wisdom? *dies again from laughing*
    really?

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    also resil affects mana burn/drain effects next patch, so 25% less is quite nice.
    Afaik it's only mana drain and not mana burn.. but mana burn was nerfed a bit anyway.

It says mana drain effects, which should be considered all the manadrains afaik. Thus viper sting, mana tap, mana burn.
    But mana drain from warlocks is boosted as it is, so even with alot of resil they will still drain more as < 2.4

Deleted

Warlock manadrain should be only one affected tbh, they are stupidly OP class anyway