Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: arena drinking change?

Haha! Screw mana-drinkers. I will very much enjoy eating druids and not letting them drink seeing as they're losing 15% run speed.
    That whole thing with [hothothothot... run like a pussbag around the corner, drink... hothothothot... run like a pussbag, rinse and repeat] has been really getting on my nerves in 2s. (I don't play with a druid)

P.S.: I hate you, druids.

EDIT: Now all they need to do is give warriors cloak of shadows and my 2-warrior 2v2 will dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    EDIT: Now all they need to do is give warriors cloak of shadows and my 2-warrior 2v2 will dominate.
    Something is wrong if you don't already dominate. :P

I play mostly as a druid healer in 2v2 and I think they should get rid of drinking in arenas period. I don't think it's fun at all to do that, and arenas should be more fun than anything. Drinking ruins the skill of arenas imo.
    "Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics." - Tarragon @ Earthen Ring US

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Something is wrong if you don't already dominate. :P
    It's kinda tough right now, we can't seem to break past 1800. We can eat any team with a druid in it and 99% of teams with a rogue in em, but combinations of shadowcasters are what's been screwing us over. A single dot starts the countdown until we are dead, seeing as we have no way of bandaging / healing ourselves while the dots or on. Ran into a double SL lock team the other day - that was painful.

So, as I said, if I could remove dots (Cloak of Skill) ... it'd be GG.

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    It's kinda tough right now, we can't seem to break past 1800. We can eat any team with a druid in it and 99% of teams with a rogue in em, but combinations of shadowcasters are what's been screwing us over. A single dot starts the countdown until we are dead, seeing as we have no way of bandaging / healing ourselves while the dots or on. Ran into a double SL lock team the other day - that was painful.

So, as I said, if I could remove dots (Cloak of Skill) ... it'd be GG.
    Missed the 2-warrior part.
    That is an awful setup, share a resto druid.

I have an answer to this (as it might have been said):

Remove drinking altogether. I don't understand a purpose for it simply put. If you can't eat (because a lack of "pvp" food) - why can you even drink? Remove it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDragonFly
    >>My point was that as warrior/druid vs hunter/druid the first person to be oom in this match is going to be the hunter if no one can drink.

Hmm, I do not think you are playing it correctly then,...u are burnign way to much mana. You should not be burnign any mana on DPS until their druid is oom. You should have ur pet on the druid non stop, and viper/silence any time he goes into caster form, force him to shape-shift to try to kite (cat) or tank (brear)...if its cat, then u concus shot and follow him, keeping wing clip on, and the viper will darin in cat form. In bear form, you scatter then beast fear....and the scorpid poisons are ticking away on him, and while feared you can load up a mortal shot, then autoshot some DPS in, maybe force a shape shift to caster form, where you hit him with viper/silence again. Forcing the druid to shape shift take a lot of mana out of him... so use that in concert with the viper stings. Druids have stgon kiting abilities, but hunters have a lot of skills to counter that, with scattter/concus-shot/frosttrap/wingclip/beastfear...you should be abel to keep a druid close by. This only works if you are 'warrior-free' and your druid is ccing the warr well. At some point you may need to get a 'scatter/trap' on the warr to help your druid out...but time it with a beast fear so that it does not mess up ur control of their druid.

The entire time their warr is CCed by your druid. Basically u never let their druid go into caster form or cat form without paying the price of gettin mana drained...and in bear form you control them with scatter/fear beast..... it take stime, but you should never get below 50% mana and the druid will have to make a choice, get mana drained, or get low health from scorpid stings ticking away. Once the druid is OOM you can make your move to kill him or warr.
    I know I'm not the best hunter out there, but we are at 1975 as hunter/druid so I must have some idea what I'm talking about.

I assure you if you are trying to force a druid out of bear form with auto-shot dps you will be there all day. I've tried to play this way and it does not work. You cannot put enough pressure on to force them to heal with wing clip, scare beast, aimed shot and auto shot alone. At a minimum you need to serpent sting them while they are in bear form to cut through that armor and you certainly need to arcane shot his buffs off so you can try and get innervate when it comes up.

The advantage that hunter/druid has against warrior/druid is that they have a third member of their team (the scorpid) that can keep the opposing druid in combat while BOTH members of the hunter/druid team can take turns drinking.

There's no point in discussing this further since they are not removing arena water, merely changing it so that it it will not be as powerful in small increments.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Missed the 2-warrior part.
    That is an awful setup, share a resto druid.
    pfft, i would never share my druid!