Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

My main is a, now unactivaTed, lvl 70 sham.

Blizz buffed the warlock mana drain by 50% (top rank drains 300 per tick now rather than 200 before) and ele sham gald gear 4-set bonus is now 50% pushback on casting bolts.

I don't want to start a whole new QQ ZOMG UNBALANCED CLASS. Cause I'm over it, I don't really play anymore.

But seriously I'll get to the point...WHERE IS THE EFFING LOGIC IN THIS???!!!!
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

The logic is that warlock drains were underpowered compared to the other mana draining classes and the shamans set bonus was overpowered compared to the other 4 piece set bonuses.

You don't create balance by leaving broken bits broken because everything that is broken makes the task of balancing that much harder. Unfortunately this means sometimes buffing strong classes and nerfing weaker classes because even though the class as a whole is strong or weak those individual problems need to be solved as they present an impediment to proper balancing.

It really doesn't matter at *all* that warlocks were bad at draining mana compared to other mana drainers, they have a TON of other spells that make up for it and have been called out as the most OP arena class in game, and some do deny it, but we know it's true.

Shaman's did not even come close to deserving a pushback nerf, the fact that the most underrepresented arena class in game is becoming even worse is just absolutley rediculous. What is going on in the dev team's minds just aboslutley astounds me, I can't even begin to think WHERE they thought it would be a good idea to buff the most powerful arena class and nerf the worst.

I just don't understand, and if you check the WoW forums, which I can no longer post upon due to my account deactivation through all this shaman garbage, you'll see that not many other can understand it either.

Screw wow; follow my lead and play smash bros, it rocks the socks off wow haha.

Cant beat them? join them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    The logic is that warlock drains were underpowered compared to the other mana draining classes and the shamans set bonus was overpowered compared to the other 4 piece set bonuses.

You don't create balance by leaving broken bits broken because everything that is broken makes the task of balancing that much harder. Unfortunately this means sometimes buffing strong classes and nerfing weaker classes because even though the class as a whole is strong or weak those individual problems need to be solved as they present an impediment to proper balancing.
    I understand this logic in a way... However, the error as I see it in their way of "balancing", is that they add this change without adding more that makes up for it somehow. Thats what they always do, and it's pretty annoying. Just like they did with mage silence. "It was never intended to not have global cooldown"...right. Luckily they changed that back again, lets see? Maybe they do the same with this as they realize they need to have more in stock before they can do such a change.

If you're not gonna QQ about this. Why the fuck are you QQing about this?

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    If you're not gonna QQ about this. Why the fuck are you QQing about this?
    QQ'ing is for people who still play WoW. I'm just bringing up general statements that I feind wrong with the shaman being nerfed/warlock being buffed situarion.

Anger is the prerequisite to QQ, and how can I be mad when Smash Bros. for N54 is so damn fun o_O?

BTW, that's alot of hate bro, next time don't snap, just comment kthxbye.

Quote Originally Posted by tsn
    Cant beat them? join them.
    Haha, to be honest, I did. I have a lvl 39 lock twink named Xombomb who is one of the best geared lock twinks on the battlegroup.

When I used to have sham problems, I'd hop on my lock, pre-moisturize my face as to not hurt it while mashing the keyboard with my face, make things die really quick and then feel satisfied.

I'm still waiting for the "Haha guys, we're just kidding. We're not really that dumb. Here have some buffs"
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Elica
    I'm still waiting for the "Haha guys, we're just kidding. We're not really that dumb. Here have some buffs"
    /sigh yeah, I know. Maybe the whole rumor of completely wiping out shamans for death knights is gonna come true if blizz keeps doin this? I'll bet shamans *actually* start quitting if some of these changes go live. Especially the rumoroed change about another nerf in slepp dmg coefficient of bolt/chain and non-crittable lightning overloads.

Blizz will continually keep me interested in WoW just to see how badly they react to the community's outcry of help, especially found within the shaman and mage forums.

Lol @ blizz's "class balancing" 2.4 changes. Just lol.

Mana drain was a little UP, but now it scales with resil...lets assume you put in the time to get full vind / glad gear. thats about~450 resil...thats 23% reduction in 300. do the math 300-69 = 231. you're QQ'ing about 31 points more mana drained.

Quote Originally Posted by numblocke
    Mana drain was a little UP, but now it scales with resil...lets assume you put in the time to get full vind / glad gear. thats about~450 resil...thats 23% reduction in 300. do the math 300-69 = 231. you're QQ'ing about 31 points more mana drained.
    I understand this, but we can't assume everyone is resil capped, for many classes, such as warriors and some arena healers, max resil isn't the most effcient way to make your class do its best.

For example, most top shamans on 2200+ teams in season 2 had ~380resil while there were very very few above 400.

Yes I do understand that this is a small buff against max resil targets, but it's unfair to assume all targets are at max resil.

Also there's the fact that even though it is a mere 31 point gain, it's still a gain in an ability that did not need a buff.

And again, this aint QQ, I'm just putting up the facts. QQ is for people who still play the game, I'm just in disbelief Blizz would actually be this ignorant to in-game issues.

One sec, gotta go beat Metal Mario.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    It really doesn't matter at *all* that warlocks were bad at draining mana compared to other mana drainers, they have a TON of other spells that make up for it and have been called out as the most OP arena class in game, and some do deny it, but we know it's true.

Shaman's did not even come close to deserving a pushback nerf, the fact that the most underrepresented arena class in game is becoming even worse is just absolutley rediculous. What is going on in the dev team's minds just aboslutley astounds me, I can't even begin to think WHERE they thought it would be a good idea to buff the most powerful arena class and nerf the worst.

I just don't understand, and if you check the WoW forums, which I can no longer post upon due to my account deactivation through all this shaman garbage, you'll see that not many other can understand it either.

Screw wow; follow my lead and play smash bros, it rocks the socks off wow haha.
    Locks aren't the most OP, warriors / druids PRESENTLY are.

As to your more recent post, locks mana drain is channeled and it ticks for less than any other mana drain in the entire game.

Assuming that everyone is resil capped isn't 'fair' but the vast majority of 1600+ teams have at least 375 resil, which is like 20% reduction, which would then mean that it would tick for 240...

Locks aren't the most OP, warriors / druids PRESENTLY are.
    In 2s, druids and warrs yes.

In 3s, druids and warrs and locks yes.

In 5s, warrs and locks yes.

However, with the resto druid nerfs incoming in 2.4 as well, maybe things might change around the OPness of droods, we'll have to wait and see.

But yes, I Warriors are for sure on par, if moreso, with locks on the OP scale.

Assuming that everyone is resil capped isn't 'fair' but the vast majority of 1600+ teams have at least 375 resil, which is like 20% reduction, which would then mean that it would tick for 240...
    Yeah, and that 375-400 resil point area is sometimes the most resil a certain class really wants to have to be effective.

Also, those small increases in mana drained really do add up over time, if a full channel goes off, that's a big buff.

What I do feel is that resilliance is destroying the game...

Having as an assumption that everyone is decked out in res is one stupid way to put things.

I have my chars on a PVP realm, although I mostly (almost only) do PVE. I didn't mind world PVP (even being spec limited). But it is becoming ridiculous.

Maybe they are staging the game for ppl to go for another MMO :P

true, but on that same note, if a full channel goes off.... essentially... well.... your team fails. its 6 seconds where the lock can't move, can't cast anything, and is totally open to any forms of cc. if your makeup can't interrupt you deserve to have your loss expedited.

true, but on that same note, if a full channel goes off.... essentially... well.... your team fails. its 6 seconds where the lock can't move, can't cast anything, and is totally open to any forms of cc. if your makeup can't interrupt you deserve to have your loss expedited.
    If specced correctly (which most do I believe) they can have up to a 70% chance to avoid interruption while casting, so yeah, full channels can sometimes get off, but even 3 secs of a channel can be quite costly to the target's mana bar.

Assuming that the target has 0 resil, is within 36 yards (grim reach) and eats a full duration mana drain (6 seconds, 300 mp/s = 1800 mana). Compare that to a priests mana drain, which at present is a mere '1021-1079' + damage. For the sake of argument lets assume that this priest is shadow and isn't spec'd into imp MB (which most would be). thats 6 seconds for roughly 1k dmg + 2200 mb, per compared to the warlocks 6 seconds 0 damage, 1800 mana burnt.

Assuming that the target has 0 resil, is within 36 yards (grim reach) and eats a full duration mana drain (6 seconds, 300 mp/s = 1800 mana). Compare that to a priests mana drain, which at present is a mere '1021-1079' + damage. For the sake of argument lets assume that this priest is shadow and isn't spec'd into imp MB (which most would be). thats 6 seconds for roughly 1k dmg + 2200 mb, per compared to the warlocks 6 seconds 0 damage, 1800 mana burnt.
    Yup, buuuut, priests don't have felhunters, deathcoils, hp drains and wings that come out of their heads :P.

I'm not saying warlocks are the best mana drainers in the game, I'm just saying they pack enough of a punch to not be deserving of a mana drain buff while shammies get smacked in the shnoz by the nerf bat once again.