Thread: The mag nerf...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: The mag nerf...

People are skipping Mag atm cause he's too hard for the reward you get. It's much better to progress in SSC/TK.

Hopefully this change gets people to check Mag out, it's cool encounter really

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    People are skipping Mag atm cause he's too hard for the reward you get. It's much better to progress in SSC/TK.

Hopefully this change gets people to check Mag out, it's cool encounter really
    Half agree half disagree, my guild have been progressing extremely fast and tonight we got our first Vashj kill in just 3 nights of tries. What did we do afterwards? We went to Maggy and killed him in a single try! He's nowhere near as hard as some of you may remember, personally I spent 2 months wiping on him but it seems his regular nerfs and buffs to peoples gear through pvp and ZA that he is actually quite easy.

A number of the officers in my guild, including myself had bad memories of people learning this encounter but it's nothing like that any more. Go try and go kill, if we'd have known it was this easy we'd have had a lot of better gear for our raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound
    He's talking about the very first version, where 20 people had to rotate to banish him.
    indeed... Most hardcore endgame raiding guilds killed Magtheridon v2.0 pretty much by that I mean arround the top 100 of the world pretty much... guilds that killed him afterwards killed an even more nerfed version with lesser HP & dmg from the channelers etc... & I think he's been nerf once more since that.

But like said several times in this topic now, it's just not worth killing Magtheridon in his current state... his loot is absolutly shit and can in most cases be worked arround by using crafted chests/karazhan chests or badge loot, thinking cloth spelldmg gloves ao. The rings might be okish but... if you are still progressing there's better ways to spend your raiding time... & if you have BT/MH on farm you can get better obviously.

I did hear something on our ventrilo earlier tonight about Magtheridon dropping 3 heroic badges + a bag of black temple gems & about 20-25gold per raider. If that is really the case I might at least have a chance of getting my champion of the naruu title on my alt cause Hand of Adal sounds really really lame :/

Deleted

No infernals means you won't be forced to get 3 warlocks to get in there and kill him.
    Cube nerf means you won't need to have 10 intelligent people in the raid, 5 will be enough (it seems easy, but apparently isn't so... i don't even want to count the number of wipes due to people unable to learn how/when to click).

We downed him relatively fast once we found the "good" people to rotate on the cubes and had 3 warlocks... so while i appreciate both changes for making it more accessible (especially the infernals, since my guild has always been low on warlocks), I'm not sure we will go back there again.
    Currently we're doing SSC/TK (everything but Vashj and Kael) and I don't see much point in wasting 1h or a bit more (travel time, buffs, explanations, ...) to get loot that is mostly outdone by badges/T5.

lol nerfz
    Quote:
    When have I eva been able to reach a mage? He just freeze me, blink, freeze himself, make big dragonhead and confuse me, blink etc etc.

Deleted

I don't disagree that it's relatively easy and mostly an "idiot-check" (still it's surprising how many there are)... But what I was getting at is that he wasn't a requirement to progress when we made him, we downed him (for the sake of it), and now even if he gets easier i don't see much point in going back there.

The biggest question in my mind is how few people are needed to down him now!

7? 10? Should be easy enough with 15 fully T6 geared Raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelegend
    The biggest question in my mind is how few people are needed to down him now!

7? 10? Should be easy enough with 15 fully T6 geared Raiders!
    He truelly would be 'the Onyxia' of 'The Burning Crusade' then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    He truelly would be 'the Onyxia' of 'The Burning Crusade' then.
    Well I don't think you can really 2man him @ lvl80 so... it's not THAT bad yet.

Remove the cubes imo!!!

Well I might get T4 on my alts whee

Well the worst part about mag is really random disconnect I can't count the number of times we have wiped because one cube clicker accidently dced 5-10sec in advance of a cube click. This wouldnt be too much of a problem if people had stable connections but it seems that every guild have at least a handfull of members which either have crappy computers that needs constant reboot or use a wireless shit connection that constantly dc them.

Well a superbly geared group would be able to 2 man it if it wasnt for enrage timers.

In full T6, even the healers have 12,000 health. If you dont click the cubes, you take 2,500 x 5 damage (every 2 seconds for 10 seconds). Sure. The healer will have to heal himself to not die. But oh well. its once a minute.
    At level 80, i can only imagine how much health people will have (no one really knows yet, so its hard to judge). Best to 3 man it and bring a dps who can iceblock/cloak of shadow through part of the blast, since tanks and healers both do joke dps.

Quote Originally Posted by SimTex
    Well the worst part about mag is really random disconnect I can't count the number of times we have wiped because one cube clicker accidently dced 5-10sec in advance of a cube click. This wouldnt be too much of a problem if people had stable connections but it seems that every guild have at least a handfull of members which either have crappy computers that needs constant reboot or use a wireless shit connection that constantly dc them.
    That's why you make 3 "cube teams", group 1 and 2 are the typical clickers that actually click the cubes and group 3 is the emergency team that only clicks if someone in group 1-2 dies or dc's.

Mag was one of my favorite 25 man bosses, he was a fun fight that took lots of coordination and communication.

The reason people don't kill him is not that he is too hard, it is that you don't have to kill him and his loot isn't good enough to justify the time spent.

Deleted

Can PLEASE someone confirm what the nurf of Magtheridon actually is? There are some stupid rumors, but I think the confirmed changes are:

1. No Infernals
    2. Lower HP for Channelers and Mag
    3. Debuff duration for channeling is 35sec instead of 1 min (or was it 2?)

Unconfirmed:
    1. Less cubes (???)
    2. Less dmg of Nova if you don't click cubes on time (???)
    3. No more ceiling-coming-down dmg (???)

Can someone please confirm??

Thanks!

Windcape > Shadowclaimer

I had to say it.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Just give us the Free loot ... run in and loot the boss .... Poor Mag got Nerf again >

former king of outland gets kicked in the nuts another time, poor fella needs a break.

He was easy enuff as it was let alone more nerfs

Khody

Nerf for the casuals, what's new?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenrage
    former king of outland gets kicked in the nuts another time, poor fella needs a break.

He was easy enuff as it was let alone more nerfs
    I know, we free him just to kill him, and now they're making his guards easier (are they giving him less? I keep hearing conflicting reports).

Blizz should free him from hellfire citadel and let him go on a rampage killing people in HFP, the poor guy needs it.

He's fed several gnomes a day, he'll manage