Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Too many daggers.

Whats with all the melee daggers in 2.4. Seen several drop in Sunwell and a couple from badge vendor. Blizzard assume all raiding rogues have the Warglaives by now?

Re: Too many daggers.

Mutilate and Backstab get some more crit from a modified talent. 30% for backstab, and 15% for Mutilate. Good stuff. I might actually play my rogue now.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

backstab hasnt changed
    but
    since now that everything can be poisoned/bled mutilate and the backstab talent also increasing mutilate crit by 15 become a very viable endgame spec

very viable? orly? I'M GOING MUTILATE that +15% crit is insane in both pvp AND pve, I really doubt if its going to go live on 2.4, its gonna be OP.

C'mon, they're testing it right now, that's why it's called test realm!
    And with testing I mean let it go live and nerf it a few weeks later.
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Vaughn
    C'mon, they're testing it right now, that's why it's called test realm!
    And with testing I mean let it go live and nerf it a few weeks later.
    I lol'd IRL

I miss my old HARP spec :'( :'(

But dagger spec sucks compared to swords spec ...

We just killed illidan and i'm the last dagger spec in our raids :/

Khody

Quote Originally Posted by Agathia
    But dagger spec sucks compared to swords spec ...

We just killed illidan and i'm the last dagger spec in our raids :/
    hard to believe you lasted that long in the first place

We have a dagger rogue in here also ... he just likes to get easy weapons without anyone to fight with :P

I enjoy the thought of a rogue using daggers. Too bad it's bad

She looks so damn cool with daggerz!

Well, I did some maths with 2100 AP and PvP weapons, Mutilate come not far behind Combat Sword. I think it could even be more DPS depending of how much %crit you get. I would have to do more testing to see what %crit it needs.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

might and go respec back to mutilate after 2.4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Well, I did some maths with 2100 AP and PvP weapons, Mutilate come not far behind Combat Sword. I think it could even be more DPS depending of how much %crit you get. I would have to do more testing to see what %crit it needs.
    I really hope mutilate becomes viable again. I really miss it. It seems like forever since I've picked up something that isn't a mace or a sword :'(

Deleted

if this new talent stays the same, mutilate will outdamage each non dual glaive rogue

even now, mutilate does an insane amount of dps, believe it or not but get some nice daggers and try it

Did they remove Ambush from the game or is it just so bad that its not even worth talking about?

Deleted

resilience killed every non-mutilate dagger spec don't even try to mention ambush here

Ambush isn't a raid ability. You can use it maybe 3 times on a boss, at the expense of survival. It's really not worth gearing for unless you are a PvPer, or just like to gank normal mobs.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

Ambush is more focused for PvP, barely viable in arenas, and not as useful in raids... though a well geared assassination dagger rogue can put out some nice dps... its not going to compete on the end game raids. But i still love my daggers... not every spec you can open up on a gnome with a 5k ambush. And thats just using s1 daggers... cant wait to get better ones. Btw... the 2.4 badge daggers are crap... 1.7/1.5 speed are not the right speeds for dagger users... may not hurt mutilate as much but anyone that depends on ambush its just sad.

I know this is probably off topic, but has anyone seen the youtube video where a guy goes into a college classroom hall (with 300+ people during a lecture) and starts sneaking around in the hunched position like rouges do when theyre in stealth, slowly creeps over to his friend like that, then all of the sudden makes stabbing motions at his friend from behind and screams at the top of his lungs "AMBUSH! BACKSTAB! VANISH!" then he goes back into the stealth position and slowly creeps out of the room with everyone watching in confusion and awe?

This thread reminded me of that.

More on topic, im happy to hear about this change. Im gonna start leveling my rouge again!
    Rocket Sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Array
    Did they remove Ambush from the game or is it just so bad that its not even worth talking about?
    With resilience, Ambush is pretty much useless
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle