Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: So, now that raiders are getting free s2 with tokens...

Quote Originally Posted by frycke
    There is Arena teams selling boost 2000 personal rating on my server, so whats so hard getting 2000 rating if you are willing to do ANYTHING for it? And it only takes a week aswell.

SO basically you don't need to be a good PvP'er to get rating, you just need gold. But PvE items, is not buyable for gold, you need high attendence to get enough DKP, and you actually need to be in that particular raid, on that particular boss, to get that particular item you saved your DKP for.

So please dont compare PvP with PvE

i bought cataclysms edge.

If raiders can use tokens to buy pvp items then pvp players should be able to buy raid items. It only seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumindria
    If raiders can use tokens to buy pvp items then pvp players should be able to buy raid items. It only seems fair.
    It would only seem fair, but as people have said, what reason is the PVE gear needed for in PVP?
    The set bonuses could be useful, and some more stats here or there for a lack of Res.

Blizzard designed the PVP gear for pvp (with res etc, stam etc), but aswell put a survivalable stats on them too, (ap, spell, hit etc) so they are useful in PVP, solo/group pve. Parts of the PVP gear can stand better then some pve gear, and is a great option to take. Some classes were giving the bad end of the deal when their tier set armor became useless compared to pvp armor.
    So this gives the PVE'er a chance to have a choice of two different class sets for thier PVE guild.

The only real bonus for the PVE'ers is that they can get under geared PVP armor without doing the time needed for arena to gain an out of date armor set (Season 2, we're heading onto S4 soon).
    Truthily, the PVE'ers are only getting a 15% increase of PVP stats to people who farm AV/WSG/EOTS/AB with the tokens.
    But with next patch everyone will be farming S2 armor via BG, so this isn't really a major change in the game.

Just the PVE'ers get to use unwanted tokens for extra gear, or a second option in armor for their spec (Mainly high-bird classes).

For the arguement, ~PVP should be able to get PVE items via Arena, sure ok that would be good...
    Our deal is Mid game , and end game instances for out of dated PVP items (S2), so you PVP'ers have to spend Arena points on our earlier game PVE items.

So last season prices for our T4. Full price for our T5 items (fair deal?) Don't know, because i don't know how good T4/T5 could be in pvp, haven't really checked.
    Because it's not like we're giving BT/Mh tokens for S3/S4 items (are we?) so the Arena players shouldn't get our best loot for pvp, while we're getting out of date loot for pve.

"Use Tier 4 Armor Tokens to buy Season 1 Gladiator set.
    Use Tier 5 and Tier 6 Armor Tokens to buy Season 2 Gladiator set."

Both aspects of the game should remain separated, bottom line.

What does a pvp person need with pve gear. Well I can use the same reason to why a pve persons need pvp gear. Maybe the pvper does pve in his off time.

The topic to this thread is wrong, cause getting season gear with tokens doesn't mean it's free, still gotta do some work.

In order to get tier sets you have to pve and progress in pve. In order to get season gear you have to pvp and progress in pvp. That line shouldn't be muddied, it should remain the same, clear and concise. Blizzard made a good move in separating the two elements with TBC, but now they are regressing back to to pre-TBC. PVP=PVP gear. PVE=PVE gear.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic
    So last season prices for our T4. Full price for our T5 items (fair deal?) Don't know, because i don't know how good T4/T5 could be in pvp, haven't really checked.
    Let's be honest : that system would be abused by PvE players to get their gear in a steadfast regular manner instead of getting it through raiding drops luck based system. (ie doing PvP to get PvE gear for PvE raids)
    I know i would up my PvP time to jump on T5 chest (instead of waiting to kill Kael and then see if i can get myself a token from the war/druid/priest death group), while still doing the raids in order to go and kill the bosses.

That would be really backwards.

Edit : in PvP gear, all sets are equally available (except the 2 rated parts from S3). In PvE, nothing is available unless you clear the content. Having things becoming available before killing the content would just be wrong and destroy the system behind PvE progression.
    One could argue that that is what badges are doing, but you don't get whole sets through badges, so the impact is limited.

I AM SEXUALLY FRUSTRATED PLZ LISTEN TO ME

Bottom line is, Pve is the foundation of this game, pvp has always been and always will be a sideliner.
    End of story.

HAY GUYS, I'VE BEEN THROUGH 3 SEAONS TO BASICALLY GET WHAT PVERS GET BY SPENDING 2 HOURS A DAY /AFK IN ARENAS.

See what i did there?

HAY GUYS, I CAN LOCK TOPICS WHEN THEY TURN INTO A FLAMEFEST !

No seriously, I don't see how this topic could not turn into a giant flamefest ... especially with the last replies. Locked.