Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

So, now that raiders are getting free s2 with tokens...

When will full vengeful pvp'ers be able to buy tier 5-6 with arena points?

Takes far more skill to reach that 2000 rating than farm this TBC easymode content anyway.

Re: So, now that raiders are getting free s2 with tokens...

lolno. PvP is not to ever be proud off, doesnt take months of gearing up and farming as PvE do.

Quote Originally Posted by alj
    lolno. PvP is not to ever be proud off, doesnt take months of gearing up and farming as PvE do.
    2k rating is a good thing added to arena shoulders imo, makes the difference of an average pvper and a good pvper (and ofc, someone who plays in good combo's but ok, besides that :P )
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

There is Arena teams selling boost 2000 personal rating on my server, so whats so hard getting 2000 rating if you are willing to do ANYTHING for it? And it only takes a week aswell.

SO basically you don't need to be a good PvP'er to get rating, you just need gold. But PvE items, is not buyable for gold, you need high attendence to get enough DKP, and you actually need to be in that particular raid, on that particular boss, to get that particular item you saved your DKP for.

So please dont compare PvP with PvE

Quote Originally Posted by frycke
    There is Arena teams selling boost 2000 personal rating on my server, so whats so hard getting 2000 rating if you are willing to do ANYTHING for it? And it only takes a week aswell.

SO basically you don't need to be a good PvP'er to get rating, you just need gold. But PvE items, is not buyable for gold, you need high attendence to get enough DKP, and you actually need to be in that particular raid, on that particular boss, to get that particular item you saved your DKP for.

So please dont compare PvP with PvE
    There is Guilds selling PVE epics on my server, so whats so hard getting pve epics if you are willing to do ANYTHING for it? And it only takes giving them money and joining their raid.

SO basically you don't need to be a good PvE'er to get pve epics, you just need gold.

See what i did thar?

Sorry but the average pvper can't just stroll into a guild(even one farming BT) and just drop down gold and expect to receive the warglaives etc even though S3 gear aint comparable to a legendary in BT a pver can buy their way into a team and get any pvp gear easily albeit with just some time

yea well Torbert, ur completely right about that.
    But ppl selling 2000 rating > Guilds selling BT/MH epics

I can only speak for my server in that case, which still makes its easier to get 2000 rating than high-end PvE gear.
    And atm you need to be attuned for BT/MH to even be able to buy things from there. And I bet those guilds selling items from BT/MH doesnt attune you aswell.

So if you are the very CASUAL player, with only Karazhan attunement, and with a decent amount of gold ofc. 2000 team/personal rating is still so much easier to get.

Tell me HOW MANY guilds DO sell MH/BT loot,...
    i don't think that there are so many!
    Selling T5 items is not a hard work - you don't need ANY attunement!
    But selling T6-Content-Items, could be hard for casuals or other raiders.
    And IF there are guilds, that sell T6-Content-Items,....who is going to take this green-boon hunter for any gold to sell him, let's say,...archimonde or illidan loot?
    There is a HUGE difference between getting PvP items by doing PvE content and getting PvE items getting by PvP.
    I don't think that ANY normal raidmember of ANY raid would ever take a pvp item for a T6 token, until he has his t6 item. So waiting for a "PvP"-Token will still take some time.
    And if you get PvP-Items through PvE-Content it still costs you WAY MORE gold than doing some arena-matches!

Quote Originally Posted by alj
    lolno. PvP is not to ever be proud off, doesnt take months of gearing up and farming as PvE do. Stupidest thing I've ever heard. Mr welfareepixman.
    but that makes pve sound so boring and repetitive

im sure you'll soon found out those people suck once you get to know them, anyone can spot a fake

i dont see what the problem is with pve'ers getting S2 items with tokens,its just merciless gear after all.. :s
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Frosty, there's nothing wrong with that. Ii was just to topic starter that said that PVE TBC raid content is easy mode.
    And no, those PvP teams boosting are not fake or suck in anyway, they are in top position in 5v5, 3v3 and 2v2. You join their team, they boost your rating to 2000, you pay GG.

i mean the person who is paying to get boosted*
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

actually on servers where guilds have illidan on farm selling t5/t6 and bear mounts and random epics is actually pretty popular...

it occurs pretty handily on both servers im on, and in each case there are more guilds selling pve epics than people capable of boosting to 2k personal on a steady basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    When will full vengeful pvp'ers be able to buy tier 5-6 with arena points?

Takes far more skill to reach that 2000 rating than farm this TBC easymode content anyway.
    Your arena gear is already as good for PvE as the PvE gear a tier below it. This is the issue that is being addressed. Right now PvP gear has a very good carry over to PvE, PvE gear on the whole is pretty useless for PvP so that is the problem that is being addressed. The reason there doesn't need to be a way to let PvPers get lower tier PvE gear is because the high end PvP gear already is equal to that gear for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    Your arena gear is already as good for PvE as the PvE gear a tier below it. This is the issue that is being addressed. Right now PvP gear has a very good carry over to PvE, PvE gear on the whole is pretty useless for PvP so that is the problem that is being addressed. The reason there doesn't need to be a way to let PvPers get lower tier PvE gear is because the high end PvP gear already is equal to that gear for PvE.
    i tend to disagree. as has been stated many, many times its ONLY good for dps'ers who fill all their sockets with +hit or +spell hit. you will never see healers/tanks in pvp gear (short of a piece or two that may be lacking upgrade) and even then its sub-par compared to the typical pve gear you should be wearing.

likewise pve gear works great in pvp with all +resil gems and some mixed pvp pieces, which are not hard to get for pve'ers doing their 10 games a week. resilience killed crit, so people now stack attack power or armor pen, and soon they will be stacking spell damage and spell haste. thus pve'ers without full resilience will actually be affected less in the future (somewhat hard logic to follow, but it makes sense in my head) if no one stacks crit, resilience doesn't matter.

so you can either ruin your pvp set with +hit gems, or you can ruin your pve set with +resil gems. regardless if you want to be best at what you are doing, get the relevant gear. again s3 =/= t6, more like t5 at best. a t6 gear RMP combo will give most other 3s teams trouble, given the amount of insane dps they put out, but they have no distinct advantage over full s3 teams.

Why do PVPers need PVE gear when all they do is PVP? If they aren't in a raiding guild, then what is the point? At the very least, PVEers can PVP in off-time...the same cannot be said for PVPers!

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    Your arena gear is already as good for PvE as the PvE gear a tier below it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    s3 =/= t6, more like t5 at best.
    Thats what I said

The only person really left out is the tank, but to be honest you could easily tank Kara in resocketed tier 6 gear. The massive amounts of stamina and armor and a shield that is pretty much the best you can get pre-BT is more than enough to tank the early instances for a warrior, druid PvP gear is also excellent for tanking the early instances and the only class that really will have trouble is the Paladin who won't be able to reach uncrushable without some actual tanking gear, but again the high armor and stamina would possibly be enough to see him through.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by torbert
    There is Guilds selling PVE epics on my server, so whats so hard getting pve epics if you are willing to do ANYTHING for it? And it only takes giving them money and joining their raid.

SO basically you don't need to be a good PvE'er to get pve epics, you just need gold.

See what i did thar?
    You need to be attuned if it's relevant. You need to have the item actually drop once you're in there. You also won't get the item if any guild member still needs it. And you can only do one run per week.
    In PvP, there's no luck or prerequisite except having money : the rating sellers can do their thing with garanteed results within 1 week.

Which shows that it's quite longer/harder to obtain PvE epics, even if there are more guilds selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dje
    You need to be attuned if it's relevant. You need to have the item actually drop once you're in there. You also won't get the item if any guild member still needs it. And you can only do one run per week.
    In PvP, there's no luck or prerequisite except having money : the rating sellers can do their thing with garanteed results within 1 week.

so? they sell T5 gear and prolly attunements too...
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

Quote Originally Posted by Nowad
    Most guilds don't want to do attunements even for new guild members they are so tired of them at this stage, I can just imagine trying to convince 24 people to do an entire attunement run just for gold. Good luck with that.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nowad
    No, not the same guilds.
    Actually what you have is T6 guilds buying attunement runs from T5 guilds (either through buying the almost cleared raid ID, or by having the person join the raid if the selling guild is starting to farm those bosses)

As an analogy, it would be like having to pay one team to get enough rating for S2 shoulders/weapons, and then having to pay another one to get the rating for S3 ones (and still without the certainty of those items dropping).

Also, show me a guild selling the legendary blades from Illidan.