Thread: Drinking nerf

15+ Year Old Account

Drinking nerf

Hello

I would just like to say that, for 2v2 this drinking nerf will be the ULTIMATE druid buff. I mean, let's say a paladin got a pet on him, pet's getting slowed and the paladin manage 1-2 ticks, but the first one doesnt count which means he didn't get all the mana. On the other hand, the druid could run far away and drink alot like 4-5 ticks, and get even more mana just because of the drinking nerf. Anyway my point is, this will just make druids even more 'balanced' than they're allready are 2v2, 3v3. And i can't see the point of this nerf!

/discuss

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Drinking nerf

Hmm sounds right what your saying, Blizz should take a look at this post ;D

Druids wont get more mana than they ever did.
    You still get the same mana as you always would because the following ticks are bigger until it matches what you would've gained.
    Factoring in the fact for most druids the 15% speed is gone. Your running away to drink abilities are seriously hindered. That 15% makes a huge difference.

True what you said about a paladin though. But this has pretty much always been the case. It's pretty hard to get far enough away from a pet even if it is slowed as anything else but a druid.

This is a nerf to all mana users. But then again, with all mana drains being nerfed (dunno about viper tbh) then you get a little more mana there, so in the end not a big change.

By nerfing everyone's ability to drink for short periods of time, the people that benefit most from this change are night elves. Shadowmeld already gives them an advantage when it comes to drinking, this will only make it worse.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak
    Druids wont get more mana than they ever did.
    You still get the same mana as you always would because the following ticks are bigger until it matches what you would've gained.
    Factoring in the fact for most druids the 15% speed is gone. Your running away to drink abilities are seriously hindered. That 15% makes a huge difference.

True what you said about a paladin though. But this has pretty much always been the case. It's pretty hard to get far enough away from a pet even if it is slowed as anything else but a druid.
    Yeah, i understand what you mean. But why do they even make this nerf to the drinking, when in some cases its a 'buff' for some classes / races.