Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New PTR Build - Class changes

Update 04:00 CET - Added today's news (PCT/Name change cooldowns, blue posts about lifetap, and a new Sunwell trash loot). PTRs aren't up yet.

A new PTR Build is being applied to the PTRs, this post will be updated if something new appears.

Classes changes
    As usual, these changes are directly from game files and I suggest that you wait until the PTR servers are up before crying over your nerf, you might get lucky !
    [blizzquote author=MMO-Champion] Druid
    • Nurturing instincts now increases healing done to you by 10%/20% while in Cat Form and isn't affected by your Attack Power anymore.

Mage
    • Arctic reach now increases Ice Lance along with Frostbolt and Blizzard.

Priest
    • Mana burns tooltip has been changed to change "Drains" into "Destroys". (Destroy 1021 to 1079 mana from a target. For each mana drained in this way, the target takes 0.5 Shadow damage.)
    • Power Infusion now reduce the mana cost of all spells by -20%. (Infuses the target with power, increasing spell casting speed by 20% and reducing the mana cost of all spells by -20%. Lasts 15 seconds.)

Shaman
    • The [spell=22801] bonus on a few level 60 PvP items no longer affects players above level 60.
    [/blizzquote]

Sunwell trash loot update
    A new loot has been added to the Sunwell Plateau trash in one of the latest builds, the Ring of Harmonic Beauty.

Paid Transfer and Name Change Cooldown
    The cooldown to transfer your character or change your name is now 1 month only.
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    We have made changes to the Paid Character Transfer and Paid Name Change cooldown times, and have lowered them from three months, to one month. The cooldown refers to the length of time between when a character first uses one of these services and the next time it can be used. These two services do not share a cooldown.

When the paid transfers originally opened back in June of 2006, they included a six month cooldown. This was rather high as we had no statistics or data that would show us what effect the transfers would have on the game as a whole. It was rather conservative for a new feature. After analyzing any possible security risks, impact on the economy, and effect on in-game communities, the cooldown was reduced to three months in October of 2006.

Since that time we have released eight major content patches and the Burning Crusade expansion, and as the game has evolved we have continued monitoring the impact these services have, who’s using them, and purpose for their use. We’re now confident that a cooldown reduction to one month will not increase an already minor impact these services have.

Warlocks - Lifetap changes in 2.4
    The new version of Lifetap was bugged badly when it's been introduced on PTRs, blizzard employees made a few posts to explain how the skill is supposed to work in 2.4.
    [blizzquote]Yes there is a bug with lifetap only returning mana based on your current mana instead of your maximum mana. This is being worked on. (Source)

Improved Life Tap will work the same as it always has. You get 20% more mana with the talent than you get without it. So, with 0 points in the talent, you get 15% of your max mana. With one point, you get 16.5%. With 2 points, you get 18%.

The amount of health lost when tapping does not change. (Source)

Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

The change to Mana Burn is just a tooltip wording change. It never drained anything to begin with, the spell effect it applies is called "Power Burn".

Power Infusion looks a little less depressing (11>31?) now, that actually isn't bad. Would have some interesting PvE applications too. I'm increasingly curious how they plan to complement this and the other Disc primary talents in WotLK.

LOL yet another Shaman nerf XD

11 > 31 was silly to begin with, that type of discrepancy exists on MANY classes & talents. It was an acceptable change, now it is a fantastic change.

Quote Originally Posted by endahl
    The change to Mana Burn is just a tooltip wording change. It never drained anything to begin with, the spell effect it applies is called "Power Burn".
    Bah, that's why I hate priests. Fixed ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Corpulentmantis
    LOL yet another Shaman nerf XD
    Because so many shamans used level 60 PvP items at 70 right?

The Nurturing Instinct change was last week also it isn't new with this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech
    Because so many shamans used level 60 PvP items at 70 right?
    Flag carrier

Here is the question does resilience still affect mana burn hehe!

If Mana Burn's tooltip was changed to state "Destroys mana" instead of drains mana, would Resilience still affect Mana Burn?

Edit: WOW NVAHEAL, BEAT ME TO IT.

"Mana burns tooltip has been changed to change "Drains" into "Destroys". (Destroy 1021 to 1079 mana from a target. For each mana drained in this way, the target takes 0.5 Shadow damage.)"

Of course it would be too difficult for Blizzard to read the whole sentence and make sure it is logically correct... lol

Agreed - these are things we need to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirron
    Flag carrier
    In WSG/EOTS most times they will see ghost wolf dispelled before its carried very far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech
    In WSG/EOTS most times they will see ghost wolf dispelled before its carried very far.
    Tbh, I've never seen it dispelled. I may just be unaware of it, but i have combined about 30k kills.

I constantly dispel Ghost Wolves in PvP.

And yeah, that's a pretty amusing catch that they couldn't even do both drain descriptions in the Mana Burn text, I wonder if they bothered to do the same thing to Viper Sting.

I like how blizzard is just now replying to a bug that was fixed less than an hour after it was introduced last friday.

On the other hand, It is good to know that the current lifetap tooltip on PTR (well, before they went down for massive exploiting) is incorrect.

And I still think this is a dumbass change and that there are better ways to nerf lifetap.

Wait.... what?
    So you put a speed boost on an item for Ghost Wolf, you make the item require Level 60 to equip, then then speed boost doesn't apply to players over level 60, effectively making it good for that level, and that level only.
    W
    T
    F?

The change was implemented probably because of ghost wolf being an instant cast spell in the next patch.
    I would like a refund for the honor and marks, please.

Demonic Knowledge: This buff will no longer remain on enslaved
    demons when Enslave Demon is removed.It will now increase your spell
    damage by an amount equal to 4/8/12%, down from 5/10/15%

was this before?

Quote Originally Posted by Aut0mati0n
    The change was implemented probably because of ghost wolf being an instant cast spell in the next patch.
    I would like a refund for the honor and marks, please.
    I would like a refund for the time I spent farming rank 14, kek?

I honestly don't think Blizzard knows WTF it's doing anymore with classes. Death Knights are going to be so screwed up for such a long time once WotLK comes out, it's not going to be funny.