Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Epic gems for badges in 2.4

All 25 man raid bosses are 2-3 badges each, depending on their location in the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasso
    And every time something comes out that helps the "scrubs" you all cry that it is going to "kill end game raiding". Why are you still here then? Go away if you hate it so much. I like to come to sites like this to get news and strats and stuff like that, but you whiners are getting old.
    You do realize that if all high-end raiders would go away, no one would be left to open the way to all the welfare gem/armour/weapon etc. vendors for you?

That's an interesting thought, btw. Imagine all the raiders would leave the game at the same time, letting the scrubs behind who sit on their 500 farmed badges eager to turn them in for phat lootz.
    The loot they don't need, since they don't have the time to actually use it. But they want it nethertheless. And of course they always complain that raiders should only do it for the lore and fun to kill the bosses. *rools eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind
    You do realize that if all high-end raiders would go away, no one would be left to open the way to all the welfare gem/armour/weapon etc. vendors for you?

That's an interesting thought, btw. Imagine all the raiders would leave the game at the same time, letting the scrubs behind who sit on their 500 farmed badges eager to turn them in for phat lootz.
    The loot they don't need, since they don't have the time to actually use it. But they want it nethertheless. And of course they always complain that raiders should only do it for the lore and fun to kill the bosses. *rools eyes*
    How exactly do "high-end raiders" "open the way to all the welfare gem/armour/weapon etc. vendors for you". Also what makes badge gear "welfare" gear in the first place, it takes work and time to farm badges. 500 badges would take weeks of farming even for those in guilds that can clear kara in 2 hours and whatever, why would players not deserve to be rewarded for it?

It would make very little difference if all of the better-than-thou raiders left the game, they are only a small percentage of the players. The comment I quoted just shows how much this game has gone to some of their heads.... now we should thank the all mighty "high end raiders" for opening up welfare loot for us, GET OVER YOURSELVES LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind

Need new term for Casual.
    Casuals don't have 500 badges.
    I raid 4 nights a week, have 150 badges stacked. Casuals have 25 badges stacked and expecting to get their Icon of the silver crescent in a few weeks. I know, we have some of those, in my guild.

Also, if im not mistaken, the badge vendor is opened by doing dailies (building the city) where the only thing the immortal essences opens up are the gates in sunwell.
    So all leaving at the same time would only mean that the gates would stay closed forever.

And i do 'need' the loot (and have the time to use it), it'll help my not-so-casual-yet-not-hardcore guild progressing in Late Tier5, early Tier6.

It's been said before, the less "good" players there are playing the game, the further down the average skill level will go, making the game overall less enjoyable for everyone involved.

So, while these changes may not seem bad overall, they add up, and contribute to top-end players leaving the game, and overall affecting everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokh
    It's been said before, the less "good" players there are playing the game, the further down the average skill level will go, making the game overall less enjoyable for everyone involved.

So, while these changes may not seem bad overall, they add up, and contribute to top-end players leaving the game, and overall affecting everyone.
    Very valid point.
    I beleive blizzard is trying to do it in a progressive way.
    When the next content gets out, it's tunned tighter.
    Over time, they downtune it.
    If you are part of 'the good players', you get your hard content right away (when you need it!).
    If you are part of 'the less good players', you get your not-so-hard content a few months down the road (when you may need it, or may even not be there yet).

Pleasing 9 million players is serious business

Im glad to see someone bringing a valid and well tought point.

patch 2.5 = t6 gear from badges?

casuals inc....... wtf....fucking blizzard........... >

It's just the same situation as before tbc with the battleground gear farm nerf, giving casuals about the same gear level as hardcore when the release of Wrath of the lich king arrives. If it gets the same, they won't with their casual play style have enough time to get all the gear before WotLK but only manage to get 2-3 items available to them.

-Eagerly awaiting Sunwell, levelling alts to support my main aswell as farm badges for offspec untill then...

Quote Originally Posted by Ugugug
    patch 2.5 = t6 gear from badges?

casuals inc....... wtf....fucking blizzard........... >
    This is the last major content patch before wotlk.

Anyways, for my warrior I will need to get probably 400 badges worth of gear or so before I can even think about getting gems with my badges. Plus I think it'll be funny to watch some people gem their gear with some insanely crappy epic gems lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokh

How is that? Your 'good' players are already in your raiding guild, and your not doing anything w/ the 'less good' players anyways.

HC Raiders will still be farming thier T6 gear, and still be running the other stuff w/ other guild members. Rarely do you see anyone in a T6 guide doing stuff w/ a pug.

So, assuming you are right, and average skill goes down, how does that effect you in anyway? Skill level of your guild will remain the same.

The days of catering just to the HC Raider is gone. Games are not play/pay-by-hour anymore. Companies like Blizzard no longer make more money from raiders then casuals so they cannot just cater to the HCR and still expect a large amount of fee's to sit on. Everyone pays thier $15 a month. And having content only for 2% of players is not good for business.

Welfare epics doesnt take anything away from your achievements. You'll still be the person who has downed X and X months ahead of 98% of the other people. You will still be the people who were walking around w/ item level XXX months ahead of other people.

2.4 is likely to be the last BIG update before WotLK.

What Blizzard is doing is, letting an additional.. say 30% of players see content they wouldnt of seen before. Giving a hand to players, that pay the exact same amount of money, to help do things they were not able to do before. Helping those casual raiders go from T4-T5, or T5 to T6. Them actually clearing them is another story.

Its basically the casual's last chance to progress, to see/experience these places before WotLK is out.

Evening out the playing field in preparation for a whole new expansion takes nothing from raiders, as when WotLK comes out in 6-10months time, you'll still be wearing your T7-8 several months ahead of everyone. You'll still be the only ones who have done this/that of the new content. Its time let the casuals enjoy content that previously only 2% of people have been doing for months ahead of them.

All this complaining has less to do with 'no reason to raid' then it has to do with 'taking away our supposed status symbols, aka item level'. E-Peen much? As big as your epeen is, its still 0's and 1's, aka small.

Personally, I think its what you've done, what you've accomplished in the game that matters. How fast you've done this, how well you did in that, etc. Not what gear/items you have. The new badge loot takes nothing away from that.

yeha raidgear for ever fucking n00b ?
    what's next ? twinblades for 1k badges ? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Lerouxe
    Sry, but clearing Kara in 1:30h is not possible.
    We`re wearing T6, need 38 Minutes to the mount in ZA, but Kara under 2h is not possible.
    If WWS is correct we have the second highest Group-DPS recorded and our Kara-Record is 2:01:31h with two rogues wearing the gleves.
    Uh..I solo healed a kara full of T5 geared people and we cleared it in 2h 10min, and that was without a shadowpriest. We had a lot of downtime for me to drink and general bsing around, so I 100% believe he's clearing it in 1:30. In fact I'm a little concerned that you arent if your raid is as geared as you say it is, are you still bringing 3 healers?

As for the subject at hand, I dunno why people are still freaking out about "scrubs" getting into instances they don't belong in or getting all this great gear for little effort. We're at the end of BC, Blizzard is purposefully doing this so they can shove as many people as possible into end game. Come Lich King it'll be all back to normal, and then a year later when Lich King is reaching its end they'll do this all over again and give out T9 level gear from whatever the new badges are and people will freak out again. The leader of the top guild on my server said it best I think when he said "I've been clearing BT for months and I'll clear Sunwell way before any of these other guilds even get close to seeing Illidan...what do I care if they just now get to see Hyjal and BT?"

Nicest Idea Ever!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by haydude
    The leader of the top guild on my server said it best I think when he said "I've been clearing BT for months and I'll clear Sunwell way before any of these other guilds even get close to seeing Illidan...what do I care if they just now get to see Hyjal and BT?"
    Thats probably the best thing I've read in this sea of tears from QQs.
    Hats off to this guild leader.

Wow. The arrogance of the so-called "hardcore raiders" is astounding as ever.

I have six LV70 chars, most of the 90% epic. My main is in a 3/4 5/6 guild with Vashj at 15% yesterday. I also have two more chars at LV60+ (62 and 68). I also have char I do Arena with with a 1900 rating. How is it I'm not hardcore?

Don't get me wrong, I used to do the hardcore raid game before BC. We got halfway through Naxx before the expansion hit. That's certainly not cutting-edge-raiding, but it's not "LOLZ SCRUB" either. I DO know that many people I used to raid with before BC who were total scrubs (not realizing when mobs had an elemental shield reflected spells, getting boiled in acid at Heigan, aggroing neutral mobs at Twins) are now in Illidan killing guilds. Which is why I - as a restoration shaman for the alliance - never joined those guilds, even though I was asked several times without actually applying. That's restoration shamans on alliance for you.

I don't even have the TIME to collect all those badges for "BT LEVEL" gear. I'm good enough to realize that Blizzard gimped the "BT Badge" gear intentionally - 2,5 fist weapons and 1,7 speed daggers, while okay, are hardly perfectly optimized.

But guess what? I don't really care. I took my bar exam and passed in the top 15% a few weeks ago - WHILE raiding in a "scrubby" 3/4 5/6 guild and leveling a ton of alts.

I guess it all depends on your definition of hardcore. Because if that means that I'm a LOLZ CASUAL EPIXX kinda guy - well, I'm gonna wear that "tag" with pride.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

who cares still many ppl will never see Illidan;

that's why raiders stand above the casuals, not loot

great idea blizzard

Good to see more stuff available for gems

Hey guys, I heard fighting scripted bosses is hard.

Casuals make up something like 60% of WoW's player base, you're QQ'ing because players are getting those extra 5 stats on their gems? So that makes you equal now? Last time I checked BT/Hyjal wasn't serious business. You have Sunwell, and you don't have to put in half as much time in to get the epic gems as casuals do, for the most part, most raids take a day and go into BT and clear it. Not to mention if you spend the time to go farm some trash you're set. The only people who are QQ'ing about this are A. People who were carried to BT/Hyjal. B. People who aren't good in the first place.

Quit complaining because WoW is feeding epics to Casual players, you're retarded if you think that Blizzard hates raiders, they always give us something new (Aka Sunwell) while Casuals try to pick up on the slack.

"When you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."

Quote Originally Posted by bas
    who cares still many ppl will never see Illidan;

that's why raiders stand above the casuals, not loot

great idea blizzard
    Exactly, judging from the comments most of these people think guilds that are unable to kill Vashj or Kael right now are going to get new badge gear and BT gems and magically gain the ability to clear BT and Hyjal just because the attunements gone. If they can't even currently kill Vashj/Kael, then they certainly aren't going to get very far in there once they do get in.

Now if all this gear was made available right at the start of TBC, then this would be a completely different argument, but this close to the end? Whatever, lol.

In between the usual PvE vs PvP bullcrap I'd like to ask if these gems are soulbound or not?

I'm asking because I'd love to get them on my PvP warrior but I can hardly ever get a group with him for a heroic. Whereas with my druid I have no problem at all...