Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Epic gems for badges in 2.4

Mr. X has never driven before, so when he starts to drive he isn't very good. He starts with a cheap rusty car, learns how to operate it, and then learns what he can and can't do with it. He travels far, watches people drive, asks questions, takes some driver training and over time gets better and better. Over this time he also upgrades the car time and time again until one day he has a shiny high performance ride that is crafted with care and well maintained. People like to ride with Mr. X because he knows what he's doing, and has a nice machine.

Mr.X then turns his focus to trucking, and of course isn't terribly good at it but he's seen people drive trucks before. He asks a few questions and uses his experience to figure some things out, then roars around and quickly searches out his upgrades, going from a cheap rusty truck to an amazing one that is crafted with care and well maintained much more quickly than with his car. People still like to ride with Mr. X, because he still knows what he's doing.

Now Mr. Z has never driven before either, and is not very good at all when he starts. He also begins with a cheap rusty car, but simply fumbles with the controls and lurches around the block in first gear a few times, then is handed a high performance engine. He goes around that same block many more times, and much later has an entire high performance car. However, Mr.Z hasn't taken the time to ask questions or learn how to be a good driver, and often gets into crashes for silly reasons although he's picked up the basics. People don't like to drive with Mr.Z because although he has a nice machine and thinks himself a good driver, he's inept.

This is a metaphor.

Having been a raider I can see both sides of this argument. I enjoyed playing with 40 other people back in the days of Molten Core. But now, I'm starting my own business and I formed a guild with my 3 brothers and sister in law. There are just 5 of us, and we like it that way. We live very far from each other so I see WoW as a way to hang out with one another again. But work has taken it's toll on my playing time, and having the opportunity to get rewards for my badges is a godsend for me and my tiny guild. We don't have the numbers to raid, and we don't really want them. We don't have the time to raid, but we all pay the same 15 bucks that every one else does, so why should we be excluded from seeing endgame content, or at least getting decent gear? I still have to farm for around 500 badges just to get all that I would need from the new loot, isn't that a lot of work? It definitely means I will have to farm heroics for a loooong time before I can see the fruits of my labors. Isn't that the same in terms of the money, time and effort invested by a raider? I appreciate Blizz going out of it's way to ensure that me and my fledgling guild can also enjoy the feeling of having high level gear. I won't ever see a Warglaive on my rogue, I won't ever see T6. But at least I'll get something, and at 15 bucks a month, that's the least that I can ask for. Ripshank of Dalaran.

lol nice metaphore ^^

Pretty accurate aswell.

I will be collecting badges on my Alt because the gear is so damn pro and i dont have the time to bring my alt through ssc/tk n gear her up.

I will not be getting any on my main though, a few of the items are upgrades but i like to feel ive been rewarded for somthing when i get a new epic upgrade. The reward for clearing kara yet again should be half a turnip with "same time next week" carved into it.

Giving these rewards out is not such a bad idea as it will give people a viable way to gear up a little faster and, provided they arnt a guild full of morons, progress a little faster and see the end game.

But... for christ sake blizzard, at least make them a tincy wincey bit harder to obtain rather than saying "here you go youve just farmed the easiest level 70 instance again have some t5 equivalent loot".

Give people some satisfaction and pride when they recieve there loot, just in the hope that some of these "casuals/scrubs" whatever they are being called these days O.o actually want to work for there epics and not get spoon fed loot.

"epics cant buy you skill" - Fact
    "Cloak of Shadows should last for 6 months, withdraw all the money out of our attackers bank account and make their mother pregnant with a ginger child. Then it'll be overpowered"

The Metapher is very 8)!
    My english is not the best, so if you want to correct my entry. Please send me a personal massage

"Cloak of Shadows should last for 6 months, withdraw all the money out of our attackers bank account and make their mother pregnant with a ginger child. Then it'll be overpowered"

/agree lol
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    Why should 3 different groups of people doing 3 different types of playing (raiders, hardcore pvpers, casuals) all have access to the same gear?
    Because the "casuals", I would estimate, are like 90% of all the ppl playing.
    Players = $$$$.
    Blizzard want´s $$$$.

Problem is, most "casuals" have already full-geared 1,2 or even 3+ chars with 5man/badge/kara-loot.

And therefore, they (Blizzard) need to create a reason for all those ppl to stay in WoW in the meantime before WOtLK.

It´s kinda obvious, and this new thing with epic gems for badges just confirms it, it´s their try to make badges/5-man instances last a bit longer so ppl don´t stop play WoW.

In the process, they give the few % of end-game raiding ppl a big slap in the face, but since everything is about $$$ they rather make the big chunk (i.e "casuals") happy.

Sad but true.

How the HELL is a "casual" going to have 3 fully geared characters? A true casual is going to have a 70 in half epics because getting all of these "easy" badges takes a lot of TIME which is the exact OPPOSITE of what a CASUAL has when playing. You'd think casual was a term of skill here but the fact is its NOT its a term referencing the amount of TIME they spend in game.

I don't think crying has done anything for me since I was like two (Gimme my bottle back, bitch!) so what's it gonna do for your video game? ><

Quote Originally Posted by Mazorp
    How the HELL is a "casual" going to have 3 fully geared characters? A true casual is going to have a 70 in half epics because getting all of these "easy" badges takes a lot of TIME which is the exact OPPOSITE of what a CASUAL has when playing. You'd think casual was a term of skill here but the fact is its NOT its a term referencing the amount of TIME they spend in game.
    Iam not a real causal. I have time to play most everyday, but iam not have time to raid every day. Thats why i called me a semi causal. A player that have enough time to raid once oder twice/tripple a week, but do not have enough time to raid every day. I play everyday but make dailies or pvp. Timesink iam playing for fun.

when you are working every day in the week, you have no time for raiding for extreme raiding. This makes me sad, but wayne

No one raids everyday.

Our guild raids 2 days a week for 4 hours. Now that's casual. And we've killed Kael.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazorp
    Calm down. There, there. /pat