Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: New PTR Build - Class/professions changes

Are the reagents for Hard Khorium Choker really correct? 9 primal nether? it's the only new design which needs so much primal nethers... >

As for the Brilliant Glass, it's made of the green low-gems that no one wants to get when you prospect, so you combine them, loot the glass and get a rare gem.

It's a recycling recipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag
    botting is a exploit/cheat, don't do that! or else kickboxing nagas will kill you. and your familie and if you had freinds they would die too. maybe they will kill your guildmates or F-list. dunno much about those nagafreaks.
    Hell yeah.

Shiny Glass hu? Well I'll buy that for a dollar. More soulbound jewelcrafting items are just fine with me. Although I feel bad for other professions now, JC get so much love. I'll spread my prosperity!

I'm sorry if it was a disappointment to all about the ms on ft...maybe they'll find another way to "balance" your class. *holds breath...*

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gemüsepizza
    Are the reagents for Hard Khorium Choker really correct? 9 primal nether? it's the only new design which needs so much primal nethers... >
    Yea was wondering the same, 9 is pretty... much Oo

The new Isle of Quel'Danas and instance music sounds great so far.

As for the FT change I am just assuming Blizzard removed it till they fix it internally to reduce healing done.

PVP Elekk Cost Confirmed:

Damn no..... why they changed the caster alchemist stone!

I was loving the +54 spell hit. It would have allowed me to only need 4 items to reach hit cap with my moonkin.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

nerf sl lock and buff mages until no other class can get them under 90% ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Nevoron
    As for the Brilliant Glass, it's made of the green low-gems that no one wants to get when you prospect, so you combine them, loot the glass and get a rare gem.

It's a recycling recipe.
    I agree with this.
    Since it doesn't have an "Open" container, but something inside... its a "Prospect" :P

Make the Glass...
    Prospect the Glass...
    get a rare gem.

* Now what do I do with the hundred stacks of Adam Powder :P

Changes reverted on flameshock and lifetap made me rofl. Just sort of makes me laugh, even though i know they said the ptr was there for testing things, the fact that not much else of significance was changed with these two classes besides the incinerate change for locks and making rage undispellable (i didn't mention ES changes since it seems like many resto shamans are still in a toss up between whether or not it's a good or bad thing)

I'm not sure what blizzard was trying to do with changing lifetap, almost certainly seemed like it had to be a nerf (not that it didn't act like one on the PTR but i mean nerf as in they were putting it in the game to be a nerf) but with all the adjustments they were trying to make to it, it was hard to follow what they were really trying to accomplish with the changes.

Flametounge ms...shamans were never asking for this in the first place, and it's usefulness was situationally effective in pvp (and a few pve situations if for some reason you had no rogues able to put up wounding) So if this change was reverted and tossed in the idea dumpster, i have a feeling that there are going to be plenty of shamans who don't really care, provided that this means we can hope for some changes that are, for lack of a better description, not completely out of left field. Some ideas that don't look like they just tossed darts at a bunch of post it notes on the office wall would be appreciated, here's a brainstorming session starter...mobility/lockdown counters. Run with it dev's!

Brilliant Glass contains 1 random blue gem

http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8020435ed1.jpg (for bigger picture)

Quote Originally Posted by Emochick
    Knowing my luck... it would all be Talasite :

Blizzard has dedicated 2.4 to the passing of Gary Gygax.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html

In Memoriam: Gary Gygax

* Blizzard Entertainment would like to dedicate the patch in memory of Gary Gygax. His work on D&D was an inspiration to us in many ways and helped spark our passion for creating games of our own. As avid D&D players and fellow game developers, we were all saddened by the news of his passing; we feel we’ve lost a true adventuring companion. Thanks for everything and farewell, Gary. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Star
    The interesting quote copied below for benefit of the lazy:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No other warlock nerfs are planned for 2.4. One of the things we look at is class representation in arenas (although normalized for class popularity). In this particular chart, a value of 100% means the class is represented as we'd expect, a value over 100% means the class is represented that much more often than we'd expect, a value below 100% means they're represented less than we'd want (obviously this chart doesn't include a spec breakdown in any way).
    Code:
          2v2   3v3   5v5
    Druid  276.0% 184.0%  80.5%
    Hunter  43.0%  50.2%  43.0%
    Mage    8.7%  96.0%  96.0%
    Paladin  19.7%  29.5% 147.4%
    Priest  113.3% 164.8% 185.4%
    Shaman  37.8%  50.4% 138.6%
    Rogue  144.2% 175.1%  61.8%
    Warlock 149.2%  93.2% 111.9%
    Warrior 130.4%  90.7%  79.3%
    Locks are doing pretty well overall, but what had us worried was that it appeared to us a month ago or so as though warlocks were on an uptrend. However, the evidence is strong that that trend is reversing, which means significant nerfs aren't really what we want right now (we really don't know where those numbers will settle down).

Edit: one other detail regarding the chart, this one is set at 2200+ rating.
    Very interesting, I have said it before, adjusted for population Warrior is the most balanced Arena class in the game. It looks like priests can expect a whack of the nerf bat in the not too distant future and more buffs for Hunters. Mages, contrary to the constant whining seem to be pretty much ideally balanced in 3v3 and 5v5. The paladins are hurting badly in 2v2 and 3v3 though.

Just for interest here is an average accross all three brackets ordered by highest to lowest:
    Code:
    Druid  180.1%
    Priest  154.5%
    Rogue  127.0%
    Warlock 118.1%
    Warrior 100.1%
    Shaman  75.6%
    Mage   66.3%
    Paladin  65.5%
    Hunter  45.4%
    So the two most overpowered classes: Druid and Priest
    The two least powerful classes: Hunter and Paladin (with mage a close third).

Other points that go against the popular perception:

Rogues are more powerful than Warriors.
    Shamans are more powerful than Paladins.
    Warriors are pretty much perfectly balanced if you average the three brackets and the second most balanced class is the Warlock followed by the Shaman.

Mage 8.7% in 2s?

Is that a typo? That'd be 91.3 % less mage then they expected / wanted it to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag
    botting is a exploit/cheat, don't do that! or else kickboxing nagas will kill you. and your familie and if you had freinds they would die too. maybe they will kill your guildmates or F-list. dunno much about those nagafreaks.
    Hell yeah.

Blizzard: Blizzard Entertainment would like to dedicate the patch in memory of Gary Gygax.

Gary Gygax: uh... thanks?

If anything, they need to address Paladins (mainly Holy, being an insanely weak healer) pretty heavily in this patch. Healing increase and Turn Evil isn't going to cut it by a long mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Emochick

Is that image supposed to be big enough to actually prove anything? I mean, I believe you, but if you're going to include a screenshot, make it something useful that actually shows some kind of recognizable nonblurry detail.