Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: getting the shattered sun title

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    work complete!

i wondered: why are there titles for: doing arena, but not being gladiator, doing heroic crap for a useless and nerfed attunement, and for another useless, nerfed attunement, while not a single one for completing the (main/lead) storyline of bc?- ie. killing illy. there sure won't be added one for killing kil(kil, kel, kael...damn, they should try and search for different names). alright, maybe with 80, when there's actually nothing easyer than doing it.
    Its been said before, and I'll say it again" WTB Fizyx, Slayer of the Betrayer

I wouldn't keep Grunt to showoff my uberleet skills you know?!
    I'd keep it because it says "Grunt".
    Any idea what a grunt is for the horde from before WoW?
    Thought so.
    Lol, I had always meant to do the honor grind up to commander or higher, cause I thought it would be cool to have the title, but I never had time (or, tbh, the will :P). When I finally started PvPing a little, it was too late for me to get to 11... so I stopped at Knight because I didn't want anything in front of it screwing it up ( Cause Knight Fizyx is way better that Kight-Lieutenant Fizyx, imho :P )

EDIT to the guy right before me: Its no different than the Cenarion War Hippogryph, and its not just for PvEers... its not like its that hard to grind to get to exaulted, considerin there are EIGHTEEN daily quests for the rep. I thought it was a pretty good way of obtaining the title, especially if you actually look at the context of the quests (albeit, a little selfish :P). Anyways, why do you care if someone decideds to buy this title? And why would you go out of your way to be such a jackass about it?

I may be a bit old school, but back in the day, when we killed rag, nef, ony, cthun... people knew we did because we wore loot that those bosses dropped that was statistically and graphically better than most.

I assume the titles are to differentiate if a player is more pve or pvp oriented.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Dion04
    I may be a bit old school, but back in the day, when we killed rag, nef, ony, cthun... people knew we did because we wore loot that those bosses dropped that was statistically and graphically better than most.

I assume the titles are to differentiate if a player is more pve or pvp oriented.
    Yes, but why would that mean they should never give a title for killing a boss? While the titles may be what you think they are (I doubt it, its far to easy to obtain either type and still be focused on the opposite orientation), I think they're just something fun that Blizzard decided to put in, and I personally love them. Its a great way of differentiating peoples names, and making yourself stand out more, especially now that theres more than 1-2 titles to choose from. I'll have 5 titles I can use after the patch, and I'm looking forward to it, because then I can switch them around whenever I notice one has too high a use rate :P

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    work complete!

i wondered: why are there titles for: doing arena, but not being gladiator, doing heroic crap for a useless and nerfed attunement, and for another useless, nerfed attunement, while not a single one for completing the (main/lead) storyline of bc?- ie. killing illy. there sure won't be added one for killing kil(kil, kel, kael...damn, they should try and search for different names). alright, maybe with 80, when there's actually nothing easyer than doing it.
    Amen!

What kind of screwed up logic is that? There is even a questline, with the final objective being Illidan's death? How hard would it be to add a cool title along with the sweet teleportation neck?

-Akama: Well done, now you can enter the Betrayer's lair and fight him and his evil minions. People with forever recognise you are the Hand of Ad'al, delivering justice and freeing Outland!
    -Me: Cool!

Later, after a lot crashing and banging.

-Me: Deed's done, dude's dead. Outland's free and you got your soul back.
    -Akama: Yeah well, thanks about that, but, really, the hard part was breaking in. Move along now...

While we are talking about titles, can anyone that is Exalted with all 5 cities of his faction confirm/deny the existance of a new title on the PTR for this achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw that title. So, basically, Blizzard can't come up with a creative way of obtaining a title, thus they just make it a gold dump for PvEers... makes perfect sense.

I will personally make sure to go around and /laugh /spit on everyone with that title.
    oh noes someone gots a title... everyone spit on him :'(