Thread: Azlagor and RoF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Azlagor and RoF

EASY STRAT
    we pretty much 1 shoted this boss with this strat:

I personally prefer a druid tanking it cause it seems like hes taking a lot less damage, but when we one shoted it we used a warrior since hes the MT and he wanted to lawl

Pull the boss to thrall (try to make sure that thrall is dpsing behind the boss)
    Tank just rotate around azrogal if you have a ROF on you.
    Ranged dps the boss and just move out of ROF.

Melee group goes with offtanks and like 1 or 2 healers, by the tauren warriors and thats where you will position the doomguards.

Assign warlocks an SS rotation on the people that get the doomguard debuff or w.e.
    The person that gets the debuff, make sure you have SS and then go straight into the tauren warriors. As you turn into a doomguard the warriors will pick it up and the off-tank just taunt it off and kite it to even more warriors there.

There is NO point of melee being there and even having the resist gear since it dosen't really stop that much damage. Our rogues have tried it and its almost useless.

i dont really see an easier strat

Deleted

Similar to what we do, except we have all dps and the taurens on the boss.

Thrall and the other npcs over by him provide sufficient dps to kill the doomguards, so that only needs 1 warrior to tank and one pally to heal the tank. Very easy.

Melee should be fine running out without FR. Just make sure you have positioning where the melee won't cause RoF to reach out to the ranged people. NPCs can chain the RoF out pretty far too so keep an eye out for how they are positioned as well.

We did a couple kills with melee wearing full FR gear and just standing in the RoF to see how that worked out dps wise.

Not many of our melee need anything from him anymore so most of them just sit out on the fight now which removes any need to strategize for melee.

We have 1 healer for RoF on the shadow priests, 1 healer for the doomguard tank, and everybody else is on the MT. Everybody wears plenty of SR so silences are rare.

I'm don't think we have ever wiped on him since our first kill.

With my experiances of the encounter, Iv seen x2 guilds do him with pretty similarly, apart from the tank spot

in my main's guild, we tank him near the entrance (a bit further out to be exact) where all the mobs run in throughout the waves. In the guild i help out on my alt, we cank him near the taurens.

MT doesnt really matter, when they all have the best gear avaliable (paladin tank can be a bit.. silence etc), but generally we used a warrior, although i agree a decent geared feral is better. We would use a 2nd/3rd tank near thrall a feral/OT typically. Basically the OT stays in one spot the whole time next to thrall and his buddies, while the Feral runs back and forth meeting the people who have Doom, and dragging the doomguards back to the OT and thrall. the OT taunts the doomguard and the feral is free to dps the doomguards/get ready to run to the next person with doom and pick up the next doomguard.

Thrall + his buddies take care of all the doomguards. No need for any assigned dps'ers on them.

Concerning the RoF, with proper spacing of groups its not usually much of a problem. Everyone just has to be quick to move out of the AoE. No FR is needed tbh. However if your finding that your heavily stacked on melee in the raid/your melee are muppets, it could be a good idea to go with like 150 SR. Pally/totem + 1/2 FR item etc.

We kill Azgalor with the RoF only on me (the MT) or the low range casters (shadow priest, hunters BM and a scorching mage). Is pretty easy, and you don't need FR or many healers...

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

If your melee cannot run out fast enough, they are just bad players, its that simple

We have some of those in my guild as well, they always die in that fight, and they always blame it on the healers...

But use 150 FR, maybe a totem/aura as well, makes the fight really easy. My Raid Leaders just find it more appropritate to yell at the healers.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

wait, melee runs out?

If it's not during silence, just have the melee stay in and get healed through. we have our melee toss on a few (think 2 or 3) pieces of Fire Resist, and have chain heals from 2 shaman going. If there's a lot of melee, we also have a CoH priest helping out. The only issue is if there's a silence right after, and if the rogues/shaman/warrior aren't smart enough to pot/HS then that's their own fault.

i've never had a problem with running out, but on ones i think is going to be close i just intervene out to a healer. rogues can always CloS or sprint. we don't use any fire resist but i imagine it can't hurt.

well from my pov azgalor is just a lol boss, when we reached him, first pull 20% second pull kill, much like all the other hyjal bosses...
    nevertheless few pointers from my pov -
    1. get a druid tank (much easier to heal)
    2. Fck all the FR, its not needed on anyone
    3. Take always for whole hyjal 6-7 healers, more healers isnt necessary on any hyjal boss
    4. All the meleers should stay only on the demons
    5. put all OT together to the tauren warriors along with meleers with 1-2 healers
    6. Dont SS OTs and Meleers (u gonna have like 2-3 off tanks so its waste of DPS Combat ress or SS since one OT is enough for all the spawned demons)
    7. well only nuke the shit out of him and gz for ur t6 gloves....
    8. might be only helpfull to tell the groups where they should stay, coz of rain of fire
    9. upcoming nerf is gonna make it even more lol

KONATA

how fucking long do you want to fight when u put melees on the stupid doomguards lmao... i killed this boss in 3min now i kill him in 5cuz of another tactic in a new guild

Quote Originally Posted by KONATA
    how fucking long do you want to fight when u put melees on the stupid doomguards lmao... i killed this boss in 3min now i kill him in 5cuz of another tactic in a new guild
    well i guess u shouldnt be the one laughing, since they are apparently new to hyjal i guess our strat is much fcking safer then urs with melees on boss, and after all the bloody waves 2 more mins on boss are really pain in the anus, right??? now gtfo and join ur old guild so u can down him nuke style in 3 mins adn go explain ur theories to guilds that are just exploring the content...

Don't run out, don't wear FR.

CoH and Chain Heal make the fight.....easy?
    <Seriously Casual> US Top 40 Recruiting: Druid (Feral DPS), Priest (Disc/Holy) and Warlock
    Hunter / Priest / Shaman / Warrior
    UI v6: http://drop.io/madskhealz