Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New 2.4 Build - Classes and TTR changes

A new build is being deployed on test servers, changes will be reported here as we discover them.

PTR Patch notes update
    Patch note on the official site have been updated once again ! The patch also includes the changes from the latest PTR Notes update.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    General
    • Non-self % based haste spells will no longer stack with each other.

Druid
    • Lifebloom: The bonus coefficient on the final bloom effect has been reduced by 20%. This spell will no longer cause error messages when interacting with Spellsteal or while the Druid is under the effects of Mind Control.
    • Regrowth: The mana cost of this spell has been reduced by approximately 20%.

Hunter
    • Improved Mend Pet now has a 25/50 (was 50/100) chance to remove one Curse, Disease, Magic, or Poison effect, up from 15/50%.

Mage
    • Blink mana cost has been changed to 21% of base mana.

Paladin
    • Illumination: The mana energize from this talent no longer has a chance to set off other triggered effects.

Other classes
    Make sure you check the previous PTR Notes update

Undocumented changes
    Doesn't look like there are a lot of them for the moment.
    • [item=30063] now reduces the mana cost of Holy Light by 34. (Was 84 before the nerf) - Screenshot

Essence of Immortals quest removed - Sunwell Plateau unlocks over time
    That's it, the Essence of Immortals quest chain has been removed to make the competition even between servers, gates in Sunwell Plateau will just unlock over time.
    Originally Posted by Tigole (Blue Tracker)
    Apologies that this update is coming so late but we pulled the Essence of Immortal quest chain about 2 weeks ago. That's why you haven't seen it on the Public Test Realm. The 3 gates will open automatically over time at equal intervals on all servers.

Regarding the taking back of the town on the Isle, however, that will still be dependent on completion of daily quests. Servers can race to see who can open their quest hub the fastest. But access to raid bosses has been made equal.

We really like the concept of cross-server competition. But the concept of the gates being tied to specific boss kills was not playing out as we had hoped. We plan to do future things that involve servers competing with one another through major events.

Character creation changes on TTR
    Devs made a few changes to the TTR and added random spawn locations upon character creation.
    [blizzquote="Eyonix;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5103816008&postId=51031892399&sid=1#0"]Sometime today we'll be pushing new data to the PTR Tournament realm and once the update is made, players will now randomly spawn into one of the following locations upon character creation:
    • Northshire
    • Stormwind
    • Coldridge Valley
    • Ironforge
    • Shadowglen
    • Crash Site
    • Valley of Trials
    • Razor Hill
    • Sen'jin Village
    • Orgrimmar
    • Camp Narache
    • Deathknell
    • Sunstrider Isle

Eventually, we plan to have many more spawn locations than what's listed above but we also intend to remove capitol cities from the list of spawn points. Additionally, we plan for all vendor locations to have three of every vendor available with the exception of the armor vendor, in which case there will remain one. For today's push this will only be true for the racial starting zones and the vendors outside of capital cities.

Please also note, that capital cities will only have vendors outside the city limits, and only have battlemasters within the city. This is done for all capital cities for today's push except for Exodar. There will be a fight promoter at every spawn location where players can:
    • Bind to the location.
    • Teleport to a capital city (teleport to Exodar temporarily disabled since it's unavailable)

Our ultimate goal is going to be having vendors in every immediate town surrounding a capital city. Using Stormwind as an example, Northshire, Goldshire, and Sentinel Hill in Westfall will eventually all be filled with vendors.

Lastly, the next build will involve the wiping of all existing characters. The purpose behind the character wipe is as follows:
    • There is a new character template and it needs testing.
    • We want to continue to test random spawning.
    • We want to test the spawn locations.

With that being said, upon character creation a basic set of items equipped, and from there you will be able to further customize your character via the vendors.

Thanks to everyone who have both tested and provided feedback, as it's been invaluable!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: New 2.4 Build - Classes and TTR changes

Removing the Essence of Immortals quest is probably the best thing they invented after slapping all the raiders in the face.

If you're going to nerf LB that's fine... Still looking for some Balance drood lovin. Thank god for the regrowth mana break. I may use it now. Mana prof on crit for moonkin aura!

Boub, You should probably make a note that the lifebloom coefficient nerf to the bloom is in lieu of the coefficient nerf to the HoT. When I first read this, I thought Lifebloom was getting the double nerf in 2.4, instead this is actually an improvement from the previous PTR builds (from a PVE healing perspective).

I hope Holy Paladins are getting something very nice in this patch (not talking about holy shock improvements). They are extremely lackluster healers in PvE and PvP. This nerf hurts Paladins who use IED meta gem, which is just about all of us. EDIT: Just noticed the Libram nerf too, real nice, considering this is one of the best arena Librams to use.

This Druid stuff makes me laugh, it's like they don't even recognise any other healer than them. 20% off Regrowth cost, what the hell Blizzard? Mana isn't even an issue for Resto druids. It's like they are too scared to nerf them, even though they are incredibly over represented and extremely powerful healers

Sooo, Priests with the only significant nerfs then?

so they're buffing the class with atleast 100% or above representation in every single bracket? Makes sense, I cant wait to see what nerf they throw in to offset that mana cost reduction because a 20% coeff nerf on LB doesnt make up for it.

@ Octopus: Trust me, there is no fear in Blizzard with nerfing druids. SL/SL locks on the other hand >.>

@ Post:Overall I was pissed about the LB nerf myself. The bloom effect (not the HoT) is the only thing that keeps me alive move of the time in pvp. (being balance and all) Whether or not nerfing the bloom will do any good for resto spec'd druids, hard to say. I don't think it will personally.

I say nerf the HoT effect off of the actual healing talents. Isolate the lifebloom with a 10% healing increase instead of the overall 25% (I think that's it) like they nerfed bear dps back in the day. I dont think the rest of the class needs to be hit when it's one spec that uses it to an insane advantage. To my original point, they are not really hurting resto druids that much with this, just balance and feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus
    I hope Holy Paladins are getting something very nice in this patch (not talking about holy shock improvements). They are extremely lackluster healers in PvE and PvP.

lololololololol you're not serious are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Delondial
    To my original point, they are not really hurting resto druids that much with this, just balance and feral.
    They're not hurting resto druids at all:
    -Empowered Rejuvenation: This talent now properly affects the final heal from Lifebloom. (5/5 is a 20% increase)
    Lifebloom: The bonus coefficient on the final bloom effect has been reduced by 20%. This spell will no longer cause error messages when interacting with Spellsteal or while the Druid is under the effects of Mind Control.

In short, after this, resto will be exactly where it is right now... well, except that it has cheaper regrowths and no more PVP set speed. (EDIT: Actually, the math comes out to be about a 4% nerf for resto, so about 100 healing. LOL)

Sad really, they keep trying to fix class balance and usually end up over nerfing, failing, or just realize they would fail anyway so they dont even bother.

Deleted

So they buffing the most OVERPOWERRED class in in arenas as healers and nerfing the most underpowerred one (paladins) GJ Blizzard.Kalgan you really don;t have a ideea what you are doing anymore ?Just fire him Blizzard.

Edit:HERE is why warriors aren't nerfed http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/ch...rius&n=Proximo -Kalgans warrior
    You see he hasn't played him for alot of time no?Guess again he just changed name
    check Megataur from Tichondrius http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/ch...ius&n=Megataur
    atm the page isn;t working but you will see they have the SAME reputation as Proximo , same weapon skill etc , concidence?I DON'T think so!Anyway it makes me wonder why only megataur doesn;t work , maybe he changed name again , freaking coward.

Regrowth: The mana cost of this spell has been reduced by approximately 20%.

lol.

before you all get too hysterical:

how often do druids use regrowth in arenas? are castable heals their strength or their hots and survivability? lifebloom is getting nerfed (sligthly); their talent 'natural perfection' is getting nerfed (less survivability); their 4 piece arena bonus is getting nerfed (less survivability).

as a consequence, they will be a bit less overpowered in the small brackets and they will be even worse in the only bracket that matters.

Non-self % based haste spells will no longer stack with each other.
    Don't quite get this. Meaning like, if you where to get Bloodlust and say, the leatherworking drums, they would not stack?

So, where's the shaman buff? We need 100% MS on Lightning Bolt!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

The Libram change is a MASSIVE nerf, but I can honestly undertstand it. Buffs should - however nice they are - not come through a single item.

But the rest is just "meh", Holydins really need some love soon. With theKarazhan Libram nerfed as well, we will be healing worse than 2.3 - a complete joke.

As for PvP its even worse, sigh
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus
    I hope Holy Paladins are getting something very nice in this patch (not talking about holy shock improvements). They are extremely lackluster healers in PvE and PvP.

try playing a shaman in pvp and see what lack luster really means

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia

try playing a shaman in pvp and see what lack luster really means
    Just because Shamans suck, doesn't mean Paladins are any good, just in case you jumped to conclusions
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Yeah give shamans lifebloom :/. I have a resto shaman and today in 3v3 I faced a druid with inferior gear and he had more healing, more mana, and more cc than me. It sucks Another nice little tidbit about cyclone too. I saw the druid casting cyclone so i earth shocked. The ES hit him but yet i was still in a cyclone. Then again I saw him casting it so this time i dropped a grounding. The grounding totem was on the floor... and i was still in a cyclone. I just dont know what else to do really. fuck druids.