Poll: Which class in your opinion requires the most skill to play?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Class that requires the most 'skill' to play?

The rating anyone can get have NOTHING to do with the skill it takes to master a class.

I'd say Feral Druid and Hunters must be the toughess ones to master due to the insanely high amount of crappy players from those 2 class I encounter everyday in BGs.

i have played a rogue, warior tank, warlock and enhancement shaman. and the most doficult now is enhancement shaman. the easiest is the rogue

I would say hunter, as well. People think hunters have it easy but it's really not true. Melee come up on you, and you're pretty much done for without a healer. It takes a lot of skill to escape warriors with their 4 piece and shadowstep rogues.

There are still the really bad people who play every class that makes other people think of that class as cheap. Resto druids with their rooting/cycloning/travel form, warriors with maces, shadowstep rogues, warlocks with fear spamming, mages with pets, paladins and bubbles, shaman and windfury/giant lightning bolt to your face, hunters with big red pets/scatter shot silencing shot rotations, shadow priests and insane dot dps, disc priests and pain supression...

If you play one class, there's someone out there who can kill you, and it'll piss you off. But just because they can kill your class, doesn't mean they don't have weaknesses. It just means they have rock and you used scissors. Go roll paper. But don't forget, other people have the scissors to your paper. :P

this poll is so obviously flawed. I mean warriors as top 3 hardest classes to play?
    On a totally unrelated side note, I've always seen battlegrounds as gladiatorial arenas where warriors fight in glorious combat to the death. Meanwhile raiding is walking up to someone's house, kicking down the door, kicking the shit out of their family, stealing the mother's pearl necklace then screaming out "ROLL FOR LOOT! LOL!"

to perfect the playstyle? Mage.

in pvp: mage, no doubt. you may think it's easy to shattercombo all the time... well, you're wrong.
    i must also add that i'm confused about the number of votes warrior has, i have played 2100+ warrior and it's no big deal.

I would say Destruction warlock.

Those saying rogue must be joking :P

Quote Originally Posted by dummenumse
    this poll is so obviously flawed. I mean warriors as top 3 hardest classes to play?
    How can this poll be flawed? There are nine classes in the game and he lists all nine. Just because you don't like the results..

Definitely destruction warlock.
    Having 25-30 spells that you use actively in PvP
    + you are so squishy that you can afford even a small mistake
    + you have a minion that you should track and take care of
    + possibility to dispell/silence/cc a secondary target makes multitasking a must.

Every class has its depth but warlocks have the biggest. Ofc you can spec sl/sl and use 4-5 spell and do ok but you can also go a lot deeper. That aint true for the warriors even they are top voted.

Imo all the classes takes almost zero skill to be medioker at. But to become a topplayer in your battlegroup takes alot of skill and knowledge in your class.
    "It's not hard to be good at a class. It's hard to be THE BEST."

Me myself plays both a rogue and a druid, though I would say it's harder to play a rogue.
    Sorry for my bad english =)
    The Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurok
    How can this poll be flawed? There are nine classes in the game and he lists all nine. Just because you don't like the results..
    Because people are biased towards their own class, and not the same amount of people play all classes. This is evident from warriors, which are extremely easy to master (but the most popular class by far), being voted so highly.

I'm going to go with mage on this one.
    Yes, druids have a lot of skills and abilities to keep track of. However, they also bounce CC off them like it doesn't exist, and can heal themselves WHILE doing other stuff because of HoTs.
    Mages, on the other hand, have a lot of skills to think about, but can't self-heal and get screwed over pretty quick if they start taking damage.
    I'd also like to say that to anyone who thinks shaman isn't a hard class to play should actually try playing one. Their dps can be pretty incredible, but they have very weak cc and no way to get themselves out of danger. Actually, resto can have good survivability, but I was referring to ele and enhance - if ur elemental and silenced or enhance and slowed you're totally useless. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by cr4zyp3t3
    Because people are biased towards their own class, and not the same amount of people play all classes. This is evident from warriors, which are extremely easy to master (but the most popular class by far), being voted so highly.
    the warrior is an easy class to play, but a difficult class to master. any warrior can run around and kill a rogue in 10 seconds, but when a warrior does that to a frost mage it actually takes a little skill, believe it or not

Feral druid. When was the last time you said to yourself, "Man, Maim has me on lockdown!" Truth is feral has 3 types of cc: Bash, maim and feral charge. Those are all essentially one shot deals on a single encounter, so you've got to know how to link them and not burn them all at once. Don't say "but you've got cyclone and roots." Most will be killed in caster form while trying to cast either one due to push backs, unless someone else is running a flag or serving as a distraction. A feral druid will know when to pop heals and when it will just be a waste of mana, a good feral will know that if cyclone is necessary, to pop barkskin right before, and a great feral will have the ability to drop a 4.5k ferocious bite on a hunter. It's easy to see a feral druid on the bottom of the damage and KB charts with plenty of deaths. Its much more rare that you'll see a feral druid on top of those charts.

Resto druids is another story entirely, but does require half decent gear to have any real survivability.

I've played a lot of class. But Shadow priest and enha shami, I suppose, are hardest.
    ye, they have amazing burst dmg, but they are so weak. totem with 5hp, bad joke
    fear 24cd, if u use trinket... hmm

AHM VOTEING FUR LOLADIN CUZ I HAVE 2 BUTTUNZ TO MASH AND TEHY = WINZOr!!!

lol. sorry.

Voted mage. Its a difficult poll as I have only played like 4 classes past 60. There are specs to consider too. Ex. Takes more skill to play a prot paladin than a holy one, but healing is more personal judgment and less GCD monitoring, so its somewhat subjective.

I dunno...interesting thread but difficult to get anything valuable from it.

-Smith

Alot of people are saying Druid, but resto is pretty simple. A feral druid is by far, imo, the hardest pvp wise. Yes, there are some ferals in 5v5 teams that are at 2k+, but the team pretty much just carry them. in 2v2, feral is the hardest with lack of cc and burst, any combo team you go with, you wont make it into the 2k's. For BG's feral is easy as hell, maybe because the lack of geared/skilled opponents.

Personally i believe without doubt the hardest class to master is a Feral Druid living in Australia. Your strat is different against nearly every class/spec and with the cat range bug + >500ms ping things can get extremely challenging, just hitting your opponent at times is a pain, even though your standing inside their model on your screen all you see is 'Out of Range'.... reason i quit last year (giving ferals a snare would help massively with this).

But forgetting the whole the ping thing, they are by far the most challenging class/spec to master imo, before you even think about what spell your gonna cast, you have to decide which of 3 different forms (with completely different spells) you should be in at that stage of the fight to give you the best chance to win, and manage your mana pool around this so you don't get stuck in 1 form.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by timeslides
    Personally i believe without doubt the hardest class to master is a Feral Druid living in Australia. Your strat is different against nearly every class/spec and with the cat range bug + >500ms ping things can get extremely challenging, just hitting your opponent at times is a pain, even though your standing inside their model on your screen all you see is 'Out of Range'.... reason i quit last year (giving ferals a snare would help massively with this).

But forgetting the whole the ping thing, they are by far the most challenging class/spec to master imo, before you even think about what spell your gonna cast, you have to decide which of 3 different forms (with completely different spells) you should be in at that stage of the fight to give you the best chance to win, and manage your mana pool around this so you don't get stuck in 1 form.
    Your post doesn't make any sense. Just because you have high latency and play a druid doesn't mean a druid is the hardest class. Each class is hard to play with + 500ms latency.

kriS411

i vote hunter...

but to play a GOOD rogue or mage is hard to.