Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 2.4 Portals, GMs on TTRs, Renders

Stonard Innkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Chikina
    *cough*
    "A representative of the Keepers of Time has been spotted at the World’s End Tavern in Shattrath. Players in good standing with the faction will be granted ease of passage to the Caverns of Time."
    Not everyone's revered. :]
    But a lot of people are mages. Aye?

It might be some more new spells for WOTLK .... maybe those will be the two ship ports that take you to northend ...

i know that stonard isnt really a ship-port town, but it might change...

however it would make more sense to put the horde one off the coast of undercity (lore wise) .. or off the coast of silvermoon city (location wise... *shrugs*)...

we (horde) might also get there via zepplin ...
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    It might be some more new spells for WOTLK .... maybe those will be the two ship ports that take you to northend ...

however it would make more sense to put the horde one off the coast of undercity (lore wise) .. or off the coast of silvermoon city (location wise... *shrugs*)...

It really is close to the open sea. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Epoc
    The portal from SW to Theramore already exist, it's a new quest added in 2.3 I think

this is a video showing how to get it :

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=58717

You can only travel from SW to Theramore, but it's nice to avoid IF
    Because that video shows a portal right?

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn

I was thinking of the same, else there will be no other use for these port spells. But i dont get it why these spells are getting implemented (if they are getting passed ptr).

Normaly only capital city's have teleport/portal spells.(Counting shatt a bit as capital of outlands)

Bit odd...

Know what's interesting about both Theramore and Stonard?

They're both outposts that are intended to grow, no? They're both intended to establish a foothold in their respective zones, and it's clear from talking to the NPCs and interacting that they're both intended to become much larger than what we see today.

It'll be neat if, some time in the future, they both do grow, much like the settlement on the Sunwell isle does as the patch 2.4 content progresses. Once they're big enough, portal trainers become more logical.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Bit too late for this, end of KZ raiding in 3-4 months.
    How's so?

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    How's so?
    Expansion and T6 BoJ gear.
    If it was up to me I'd tell my entire guild to go for the 300-500 badges needed in 2.4 and farm MgT normal 2-3 times and heroic every day. Then go straight to SSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    No GM playing paladin so gives u good idea why they are crap.
    Whats funny is I thought exactly the same thing.... hrm no <GM> Shaman or Paladin. LAAAAAAAAAWL

by that logic, why not farm heroics/kara/ZA .. get your badges and start farming sunwell right away.. skip BT/Hyjal .. :P
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Expansion and T6 BoJ gear.
    If it was up to me I'd tell my entire guild to go for the 300-500 badges needed in 2.4 and farm MgT normal 2-3 times and heroic every day. Then go straight to SSC.
    That badge gear is going to be used for farming Karazhan quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by dfjdejulio
    Know what's interesting about both Theramore and Stonard?

They're both outposts that are intended to grow, no? They're both intended to establish a foothold in their respective zones, and it's clear from talking to the NPCs and interacting that they're both intended to become much larger than what we see today.

It'll be neat if, some time in the future, they both do grow, much like the settlement on the Sunwell isle does as the patch 2.4 content progresses. Once they're big enough, portal trainers become more logical.
    Theramore is already pretty large, considering it has a stables, mill, two barracks, mage tower, docks, and more guard towers than all of Elwynn Forest. It also makes quite a bit of sense to add a Portal Trainer there, and probably a Mage Trainer as well, since Jaina Proudmoore is a mage herself, resides in a mage tower, and herself can teleport and mass teleport her group. Theramore already has a Paladin and Warrior Trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by highwind
    Karazhan gives 22 badges in under 3 hours which is by far the most time efficent way to get them.

Also I dont see any reason to go to SSC (or TK) after equiping yourself with T6-like BoJ gear... the first MH and BT bosses are really easy... easier than most stuff in SCC (or TK) give superior loot and will be free accessible in 2.4
    Too bad you get 3 pieces of actually t5 level gear (for most classes, despite the ilevel) and maybe a ring and a weapon or two (which are also not that great)... Come on guys, get serious. The badge gear changes nothing. Its only a few slots, its not ZOMG EPIC, and its so expensive that the raiders that want it will be getting it LONG before the kara causals and all (since they'll be getting badges off every 25 man boss now too, and many of them do kara badge runs as well).

Quote Originally Posted by highwind
    Karazhan gives 22 badges in under 3 hours which is by far the most time efficent way to get them.

Also I dont see any reason to go to SSC (or TK) after equiping yourself with T6-like BoJ gear... the first MH and BT bosses are really easy... easier than most stuff in SCC (or TK) give superior loot and will be free accessible in 2.4
    To you and to everyone else that said the exact same thing.
    First off I'm talking about a guild with brand new raiders. Not retards but good players that want to learn and progress.
    Second, I said "farm 300-500 badges before 2.4". So do KZ and ZA as much as you can before 2.4. I didn't say otherwise. But after 2.4 and after you've gotten your items - it's useless.
    Third, I'm saying "start with SSC" because well you need to at least get a feeling of what 25mans are. If you can't down The Loot Below with all badges from the first, second and the upcoming third revision and full blues/puрples from normal/heroic 5mans, all enchanted and gemed (with possibly the new gems?)... well you pretty much won't be able to do anything else. :/

Quote Originally Posted by fizyx
    Too bad you get 3 pieces of actually t5 level gear (for most classes, despite the ilevel) and maybe a ring and a weapon or two (which are also not that great)... Come on guys, get serious. The badge gear changes nothing. Its only a few slots, its not ZOMG EPIC, and its so expensive that the raiders that want it will be getting it LONG before the kara causals and all (since they'll be getting badges off every 25 man boss now too, and many of them do kara badge runs as well).
    The pieces that are already on badge gear are Kara/Gruul/Mag level from ver.1, SSC and TK level from ver.2 and MH/BT level from the upcoming ver.3.
    The crossbow that's gonna be sold is the best ranged weapon a BM hunter can get up untill Sunwell plateau, the chest, legs and armor for my hunter are exactly BT equivalent and I can replace them only with T6. The bracers and belt I already have from ver.1 are already too awesome for KZ and can be replaced only from ZA/SSC/TK ones. Include the badge cloak here which is perfect for BMs, the Bloodlust Brooch and possibly the Battlemaster's Cruelty/Determination, the new ap ring and the SL polearm which a lot of hunters use up to TK because the lack of luck on Legacy and Trollbane and there you have it. Tons of items that I won't be replacing anytime soon.

w00t my comic about mages!

<3

any ideas for another?

I'm sorry if I'm off-topic, I don't mean to ninja the thread, but do you know where, if possible, I can download the TTR EU English patch?

Do any one know how i can learn the new portal????? ??? ??? ???