Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yannik
    lifebloom -20%
    Run speed gone aswell.
    now cyclone.

A Restokin will get fucked over if they target switch to him now since he's weakness was that he could cc from range and thats pretty much been nerfed.
    and this

(Selling 950 points a week on sunstrider, you know where to find me if ya want some ^^)
    made me laugh.
    twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermurazor
    Druid + Warrior, a healer Point of View

Your dps is affected by cyclone.
    you are affected by intercept.
    your dps uses pvp trinket.
    your dps is affected by entangling roots.
    you are affected by hamstring.
    Warrior mortal strikes hits you by lol
    Warrior auto attack hits you by lol
    Your psych scram fails, Warrior is immune
    Warrior sword proc hits you by lol
    hamstring fades by your pvp trinket
    you are affected by feral charge
    you are affecetd by bash
    Warrior mortal strike hits you...

you die.
    After they say that warlock are OP, we have like 2k of armor, agaisnt sword of 120dps and next season it will be 140dps WOW, warlock against a melee suck.
    we can't kite a warrior, and a rogue, so that nerf for druid will give us more chance against the combo war/druid rogue/druid.

Nice, cyclone nerf. Everyone's getting sick of druids. I played 20 2v2s last night in the 1950 range. out of 20 games there was not one healing priest, shaman, or paladin. It's all freakin druids! Just give cyclone to shamans, we need it more.

This cyclone nerf should have been made a PvP only alteration. If they can make Polymorph only last 10 seconds in PvP, they can reduce cyclone for PvP only.

Once again, the PKers ruin it for the rest of us.

Wheres page 3 of the SSO Quartermaster? I want to see the new price of the shields =\

Sig courtesy of Pjammiez, Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by WildW
    Allmost spilled my morning coffie over this....You're claiming that Blizzard is favouring shamans?

Oh, and the cyclone nerf had to come, ble glad that it's only a range change. Just look at the numbers, Druids are overrepresented in small scale arenas - you can't fix that so easy by buffing all the other classes.

One of the most retarded posts I've read in a long time (and i even read the official forums)
    that made my day

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlcoil

Oh really, the nerf "had to come"? NEWSFLASH: There are other classes overrepresented in small scale arenas, but I don't see Warrior nerfs, now why is that....
    Because Resto Druids are highly overpowered and carry Warriors? This really has nothing to do with Warriors as by themselfs they are a very weak class.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus
    Because Resto Druids are highly overpowered and carry Warriors? This really has nothing to do with Warriors as by themselfs they are a very weak class.
    Fortunately in PVP "themselves" is never a reality. Its a team based adventure. Warriors do not need druids to carry them. Remember s1? It was pallies, remember s2? priests. They are extremely strong with a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by erb
    Fortunately in PVP "themselves" is never a reality. Its a team based adventure. Warriors do not need druids to carry them. Remember s1? It was pallies, remember s2? priests. They are extremely strong with a healer.
    People are quick to point the finger at Warriors when hunter/druid obliterates them,and lock/druid is also a very overpowered set up and can easily beat war/druid if they use the correct pets.

Yes in 2v2 Resto druids are OP...but then again Blizzard stated that the balance is set on 5v5s in which druids are not represented well at all. People need to stop and realize that cyclone is all I have as balance that works everywhere.

While I'm not too pissed about the nerf, I am pissed that there is still no love given to balance despite the need, in both pvp and pve. Seems like all we get is a nerf bat. And Blizzard wonders why druids are bitter as a whole.

It's not a problem of range, reducing cyclone to 20yards won't do much. The problem is that we can't dispel it and that you can chain it (even with the dr). This will angry druids while it's not really a big nerf to their gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Delondial
    Yes in 2v2 Resto druids are OP...but then again Blizzard stated that the balance is set on 5v5s in which druids are not represented well at all. People need to stop and realize that cyclone is all I have as balance that works everywhere.

While I'm not too pissed about the nerf, I am pissed that there is still no love given to balance despite the need, in both pvp and pve. Seems like all we get is a nerf bat. And Blizzard wonders why druids are bitter as a whole.
    What Blizzard doesn't seem understand is 2v2 the most popular bracket, most people prefer it to the others because it's easier to get one other person and just do it. Balancing around 5v5 will imbalance peoples favourite bracket further.

Yes this affects balance too, but can you think of a change that would make this effect resto and not balance?

If balance got a significant pve buff they would become a two of in every raid class.

Might be off topic but that talk on WoTLK sys reqs got me thinking about those graphics upgrades we (or maybe just me) have heard about. Does anyone else remember that? I was wondering if they were still planning graphics upgrades for the game, and if they were coming with the expansion or after.

Quote Originally Posted by Delondial
    If you dominate in 2v2, why do you need to play 5v5? It's obvious.

Some classes must play 5v5 to escape being dominated by their anti-classes in 2v2.

AFAIK if 1-2 classes owns a particular bracket they do not need any more buffs or balancing for 5v5. They already have Arena on farm.

Quote Originally Posted by visio33r
    If you dominate in 2v2, why do you need to play 5v5? It's obvious.

Some classes must play 5v5 to escape being dominated by their anti-classes in 2v2.

AFAIK if 1-2 classes owns a particular bracket they do not need any more buffs or balancing for 5v5. They already have Arena on farm.
    Some classes are pretty balanced thus they work in 5v5 as they are meant to according to Blizzard. Druid only work in one bracket really. I'm all for wiping out 2v2 and 3v3 completely. But in order to do that they'd have to fine tune druids, which yes, includes some much needed buffs to certain specs. Hell, there are several specs of your choice of class that need work, but it won't get done. Aside from WSG flag running druids have never really been sought after for much, esp pre-BC. The whole community implodes on itself when druids are finally good at something, when clearly SL/SL locks have been dominating the whole of pvp forever.

You wanna nerf resto druids? Fine, nerf the resto druid tree. Not the whole bloody class. (I'd like to add with an edit that a nerf on cyclone range isn't gunna change anything for the pillar humping HoTkity. Just putting that out there.)

Gimping cyclone a bit (somehow) is probably reasonable for PVP.

But this change is yet another example of PVP gimping PVE. As a restoration druid in 5-player content, cyclone is how i defend myself against goofs and unexpected situations. I need the distance on cast to be able to reliably target, cast, and have the spell land before i get 1-shotted. There's bearform, but then i have to stop healing, and the tank will die.

WTB PVP-free warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by k8to
    There's bearform, but then i have to stop healing, and the tank will die.
    And what do you think other healing classes have to do?

If a healer has a mob on him he is either busy healing himself or dead. A tank does not die instantly. If the healer has aggro the tank has a grace period to get the mob back under control. If he cannots its uaully a wipe, but that is the case for every healing class.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykhe
    And what do you think other healing classes have to do?

If a healer has a mob on him he is either busy healing himself or dead. A tank does not die instantly. If the healer has aggro the tank has a grace period to get the mob back under control. If he cannots its uaully a wipe, but that is the case for every healing class.
    Have you played a healer much? I've played extensively as both holy priest, holy paladin, and restoration druid.

A paladin has the following options: punch, bubble

A priest has the following options: fade, shield, fear

I don't know what a restoration shaman does, I haven't played that one.

A good healer has to know how to defend themselves. There are plenty of situations where there is no choice (aggro wipes, uncontrollable adds). The most common is an unexpected sheep pop, hunter trap failure. Sure, sometimes you have to let the tank float, but bearform is around 4-5 heals worth of mana, and doesn't free you up to continue healing.

Heck, in some groups the healer is really not that important. There are times with a warrior tank in H shattered halls where i just have to blast out the heals and accept some mob may come kill me. By the time I'm dead, the shaman/balance druid/spriest can pick up the heals.

Ever class I level gets nerfed. I started leveling a druid so expect a lot more to come ;D