As a Rogue getting ready for SSC/TK...

I was wondering what peoples thoughts about flasks/elixirs/potions are?

Currently, I plan to use haste potions on boss fights and specific times during boss fights (an example would be like Evocation on Curator, or Kil'rek's weaken on Illhoof, although I don't actually use potions for those fights). I plan to use elixirs of major agility and I plan to keep it up throughout the raid, I also plan to use flasks of relentless assault on progression targets.

My REAL question would be is, should I keep them premade and lying around in my bank/inv or should I make them half an hour before a raid or something? I'm currently Engineering/Mining but I was wondering if I should drop Engineering and take Herbalism, or drop Engineering/Mining and take Alchemy/Herbalism instead? I make a good chunk of gold daily with my mote extractor and mining circuits around Nagrand, and it helps pay for my potions/elixirs/flasks.

If anyone could give me some insight on how they go about obtaining their required flasks/elixirs/potions for raiding and how they use them as far as in a raid goes, it'd be much appreciated. Also, which would be the easier road in the long run? Farming and selling/using my own mats or just keep making gold and purchasing the mats and finding an alchemist?

Thanks,

Jay

Re: As a Rogue getting ready for SSC/TK...

Keeping your current professions sounds like a good idea, since it is already a good money maker for you. If your guild has an alchemist or two, you could give them some mats and ask them to make flasks for you, or just buy the whole flasks.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaema
    Keeping your current professions sounds like a good idea, since it is already a good money maker for you. If your guild has an alchemist or two, you could give them some mats and ask them to make flasks for you, or just buy the whole flasks.
    Well, the flasks are roughly 50g each for me, the potions/elixirs seems like buying the mats is the better way to go because most Alchemists, in or out of your guild, let you keep procs.

How many is enough though? I mean, using a flask on every boss is alot of flasks per raid/per week. And I already have 20 of each potion/elixir kept in my inventory.

Flasks last two hours I think, so it's not like you need one for every boss.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaema
    Flasks last two hours I think, so it's not like you need one for every boss.
    So how many is appropriate to keep premade or take along with you in a raid? And when exactly is the best time to use my elixirs/potions/flasks? Elixirs are good for doing trash mobs, or just use one when you hit the first boss? Haste potions are good for when you need to finish off a boss or when he/she is weakened? Flasks are good when you hit the first boss as well?

If you are gonna use the 2 hr 50 gold flask, wait till your party is rebuffing befor ethe first boss fight. At that point wipe or not, how long will the raid last? If you raid for 3 to 4 hours then yes have 2 flasks with you. Fter the raid plan on doing some quests or grinding, or even log out, the flask effect will still be on you when you relog.

Deleted

In my opinion, you have 2 options: either use a flask (2 for a 4 hour raid) or go with elixirs, battle and guardian. Depening on what class you play, two elixirs are often better then a flask, BUT when you wipe a lot, a flask is less expensive. The break-even point is about 10 wipes per 2 hours, I guess.

But now comes the good part: you're a rogue! Which means you can vanish to save repairs AND elixir costs. It doesn't work on all fights, but for roughly 75% you can get out of combat this way. Same goes for hunters.

Being a survival hunter myself, I value 2 elixirs (agility and mageblood) way higher then the AP flask, and I use them for all fights. For rogues I'd recommend agility and defence elixir.

Get the rep required to buy and use the Shatt flasks from the aldor/scryer vendors.

I'm sure the marks of the illidari are most likely cheaper than buying flasks, and once you get in SSC/TK they drop constantly.

Blizzard put in easy mode, might as well take advantage of it.