Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 2.4 on background downloader, blue posts

Moving on to battlegrounds I don't believe we've ever stated that we have fewer maps to keep queue times short, that's not an issue. The issue is the amount of time it takes to create a battleground, and balancing that work time with other areas of the game. Battlegrounds are very labor intensive, Warsong Gulch which is probably the smallest of the battleground maps still has some terrain issues here and there. Playtesting, balancing, making edits, all require a very large amount of resources to ensure a successful battleground.

Now, that's not to say we aren't willing to put in the time, only that we have an entire game to put resources into, and those resources have to be delegated appropriately. The entire team is now working full force on Wrath of the Lich King, and the new battleground it also includes. Hopefully there will be some time to get additional battleground maps into the mix even after it ships. Personally though I think I'm most excited about Lake Wintergrasp just to see how it turns out.

Translation. BGs are free, WotLK isn't

The fact blizzard acknowledges shadow priest struggle in pvp is a good thing. I hope this means they'll get some attention. Even a little is a good thing.

edit. also if they are focused on WotLK at this point gives me the impression they are done with 2.4.

Ok i never usually reply to any threads on any website but the comments i read here were actually quite interesting.

First of all i just wanna point out that i agree blizzard is not always correct when they modify or change the way a class works , i have heard many people say that they have adapted to the way their class works , and how reducing the range of cyclone for example would heavily damage the way certian people are adapted to react to certain spells.
    However , we can't expect " Any " MMORPG game to be perfect. After all it has been designed by humans, and humans make mistakes.

The thing im trying to say here is that if you have played your favorite class long enough and IF you are experinced enough with it ,you will not actually have any problem with it.

For example , who said Prot. Warriors are usless in PvP ? i have played my prot warrior in PvP for fun sometimes and i agree that it may sometimes get really owned by " some " classes due to talent specs. But nevertheless , i can easily defeat a rogue or even " almost " any melee class.

Classes IMO are not supposed to be balanced ! its what makes the game fun , its what makes every Class what it is right now.
    If every class was balanced to do the same damage or maintain the same damage taken , what would be the fun of Even playing diffrent classes.

Every class is Unique in a way or another , but u just need to know When and How to use the skills that you have.

You all have heard this before but seriously , if your whining about how other classes can easily beat you , u might wanna reconsider getting more Exp. with the class ur playing before you whine about it.

P.S: Sry if you find spelling mistakes or grammer mistakes , but atleast u might get my point.
    Simple : the game shouldn't be balanced cuz its more fun this way where every class is unique in many aspects and not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    Dear Blizzard,

My single request to you is as follows. Whenever you see someone make a post saying that your game sucks ass and they are going to quit, please just do us all a favor and instantly ban their account from play. Since they were quitting anyway it won't bother them, since they are just mindless forum trolls you would be better off without them and since the rest of us are sick to death of seeing the same idle threats again and again we would all have a much more enjoyable experience if we never again had to listen to them.

Thank You.

P.S. Same message goes to the mmo-champion moderators.
    this post is bs i quit

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    Dear Blizzard,

My single request to you is as follows. Whenever you see someone make a post saying that your game sucks ass and they are going to quit, please just do us all a favor and instantly ban their account from play. Since they were quitting anyway it won't bother them, since they are just mindless forum trolls you would be better off without them and since the rest of us are sick to death of seeing the same idle threats again and again we would all have a much more enjoyable experience if we never again had to listen to them.

Thank You.

P.S. Same message goes to the mmo-champion moderators.
    So a paying customer shouldn't have ANY right to criticize or provide feedback on what they paid money for? This is the same demented logic of people who claim that if you don't agree with what the current Bush administration is doing then "GTFO of our country."

Well guess what. It's my country too, and this is my game that I play. If Blizzard chooses to ignore all the valid points that we make and stick their heads in the sand, then that's their choice to do so. But we have that freedom to our opinion, just as you have yours.

Go take a civics class before commenting like that, please.

Quote Originally Posted by tarutaru
    So a paying customer shouldn't have ANY right to criticize or provide feedback on what they paid money for? This is the same demented logic of people who claim that if you don't agree with what the current Bush administration is doing then "GTFO of our country."

Well guess what. It's my country too, and this is my game that I play. If Blizzard chooses to ignore all the valid points that we make and stick their heads in the sand, then that's their choice to do so. But we have that freedom to our opinion, just as you have yours.

Go take a civics class before commenting like that, please.
    I feel sorry for ppl like this. So consumed by a game they think its "theirs". Absolutely classic.

Reality: You bought the game because you liked it and its not reality and you can put it down whenever you want. Or if you bought the game and found out you didn't like it based on what ppl say on this forum you can return it if not opened. Blizzard made the game to make a profit and will only put in enough effort into keeping the majority happy till the return is no longer worth it. No one forced WoW on you and there’s plenty of other mmo's out there for you to get hooked on.

Quote Originally Posted by fizyx
    God damn, bitch bitch, bitch, is that all you bastards can do? Every god damn time something changes, all we hear is bitching. You wonder why they don't tell us shit? I don't, its pretty self evident. Seriously, if you hate it that god damn much, leave. The rest of us will stick around and see how it turns out before we make any judgments, cause every time in the past that we've had major changes like this, they've ended up, oh, you know, NOT RUINING THE GAME! Anyone remember Deathcoil? Locks bitching day in and day out form the time its announced... and now look at it, its one of the keystones of the class. As to the poeple bitching about the comments about specs in PvP... are you really that stupid? Nothing has changed here! Prot has NEVER been viable in PvP. As a matter of fact, the only thing I can see from that statement is GOOD, since they intend to at least try to make it SLIGHTLY viable, which is god damn better than its ever been before.

Anyways, quit the bitching, seriously, cause most of us don't want to hear it and don't care about your shitty, wrong opinions.
    Totally agreed. Every time any blue says anything, we get pages and pages of posts always looking for the most negative thing possible. According to the forums, 95% of people playing the game are under the serious impression that blizzard hates every single class, and is deliberately trying to annoy their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitrevx
    I feel sorry for ppl like this. So consumed by a game they think its "theirs". Absolutely classic.

Reality: You bought the game because you liked it and its not reality and you can put it down whenever you want. Or if you bought the game and found out you didn't like it based on what ppl say on this forum you can return it if not opened. Blizzard made the game to make a profit and will only put in enough effort into keeping the majority happy till the return is no longer worth it. No one forced WoW on you and there’s plenty of other mmo's out there for you to get hooked on.
    Yes, god forbid we provide comments or feedback on a game that we paid for.

I won't even bother responding to the rest of your post. From the first line I can already tell that you only read my post with blinders on and read exactly what you wanted to read.

I won't even bother responding to the rest of your post. From the first line I can already tell that you only read my post with blinders on and read exactly what you wanted to read.
    Honestly Digit... go home.

Moving on to battlegrounds I don't believe we've ever stated that we have fewer maps to keep queue times short
    Well they exactly said that one but no I'm not going to spend lots of time trying to find it as it doesn't change a thing.

You bother to read the agreement when you log in for the first time or any other patch for that matter? You agreed the game was subject to change by clicking ok and when you paid for the game you got what you paid for. So now you think the customer is going to mold the game because they pay a monthly fee, lol! They may take a few suggestions but If you don't like what you see quit.

This is getting silly.
    People have a right to express their opinions if you do not like it then don't read forums.

Like posts claiming others whine while by their own definition they are whining about whining.

You don't agree that someting is bad?
    THen say why instead of acting like some wise ass 11 year old and start a forum argument based on nitpicking on word usage like "my game" while you very well know what he meant.
    No offence meant to 11 year olds.
    I'm a force of nature..... with lazorz ... PEW PEW !!

Quote Originally Posted by ruthven
    Prot war in pvp = shadowpriest. 'nuf said.
    i felt the same way after reading that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite
    This is getting silly.
    People have a right to express their opinions if you do not like it then don't read forums.

Like posts claiming others whine while by their own definition they are whining about whining.

You don't agree that someting is bad?
    THen say why instead of acting like some wise ass 11 year old and start a forum argument based on nitpicking on word usage like "my game" while you very well know what he meant.
    No offence meant to 11 year olds.
    Actualy theres a lot of obsessive people that play wow. Btw 11 year olds don't make video games. wink*