Page 1 of 3
LastLast

S4 changes, WWI08, Frostmourne, Blue posts

Season 4 items changes
    During one of the latest PTR Build (I don't know how old this is to be honest, but I don't think it's been reported yet), items from the season 4 got their stats changed.

Rogues - Shiv bug
    [blizzquote="Hortus;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5282311325&postId=52354911919&sid=1#314]I've spoken with the devs and shiv not being missed or dodged is a bug and was never intended. The changes to the combat log revealed some problems with how this spell is coded and it is being worked on.[/blizzquote"]

Tickets for the Blizzard WWI08 on sale next week
    Originally Posted by Tharfor (Blue Tracker)
    We're pleased to announce that tickets for the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational will be available next week on the Worldwide Invitational website:
    http://eu.blizzard.com/wwi08/index.xml?locale=en_GB

This year's Worldwide Invitational will be held here in Europe, at the Porte de Versailles Exposition Centre in Paris, France, on the 28th and 29th of June. Both days of the event will feature a variety of activities including hands-on play with the latest versions of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King and StarCraft II!

You'll also have the chance to meet Blizzard executives and developers in discussion panels and signing sessions, participate in community tournaments, dance, costume and machinima contests, watch top eSports competitors from around the world play in exciting invitational tournaments and much more!

Tickets are priced at 70 € / £55 for the two-day event and can be purchased by credit or debit card.

Please note that you must be 16 years or above to attend the Worldwide Invitational, unless accompanied by a consenting parent, guardian or responsible adult of 18 years or above.

Frostmourne Replica for sale
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    The legendary rune blade Frostmourne was immortalized in Warcraft III, in which it was taken up by Prince Arthas Menethil, corrupting him and leading to his transformation into the Lich King. We've partnered with EPIC Weapons to create a limited edition replica of the blade in all its horrific glory. This artifact of ancient evil is over 47" long and 12.5" wide, weighing a massive 16 lbs., and is now available for pre-order. For more information, please visit the Frostmourne replica site.

Frostmourne replica is second to none in detailed craftsmanship and technology.
    • 47" Overall Length with 28" Stainless Steel Blade
    • Genuine Leather Wrapped Grip
    • Limited Edition Sword
    • Embedded with Patented G2G Authenticity Microchip
    • Click on images to the right to view detailed photography

Also Included in the box with Frostmourne
    • Collector's Display Mount
    • Limited Edition Poster
    • Certificate of Authenticity
    • Game 2 Gear Handheld Authentcity Reader

View Frostmourne FAQ page

Other blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Graphic glitches in 2.4 with Mac OSX Leopard
    A couple of us spent all day figuring this one out, and it should be fixed in an upcoming build. The fog should look completely correct and a lot more natural underwater as well. (Source)

15/03 Cogent connection issue
    We are aware that players whose ISP connections rely only on Cogent may not be able to connect. We're working to obtain information from Cogent in order to assist them in addressing their issue, and will provide further details as they come available (Source)

64Bit Vista patching issues on PTR
    The PTR downloaders have been updated in the hopes of resolving this issue. Please let us know if anyone is still having problems with Vista after last nights patch (8063). (Source)

Re: S4 changes, WWI08, Frostmourne, Blue posts

Holy shit what a sword..
    Perennial Quest

Kchostrae, Shadowsong EU

$429.00 USD is the price of the sword. dam it almost worth the money, aswome sword
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

QQ it is teh illegalz tu zell game itamz QQ
    -.-

The price of 429$ is to be allowed into the auction, not to buy the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Snitchers
    The price of 429$ is to be allowed into the auction, not to buy the sword.
    L2Read.

What do I get for my registration fee?
    Regardless of auction outcome, registrants are guaranteed one (1) sword with each fee of $429 which includes domestic shipping

Deleted

The sword is $379.00, you can pay extra for a chance to join their special club.
    Anyway it looks sweet and I'd buy that in a second if I could afford it, it's value will only rise over time.

Embedded with Patented G2G Authenticity Microchip

wtf is that?
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Embedded with Patented G2G Authenticity Microchip

wtf is that?
    A "Authenticity Microchip" I kindly explains itself.
    But if you don't understand.
    It's used so you know you got the real deal and not a Taiwan Copy Cat Sword.

Not battle ready? Bah...I want to be able to ride around town on an undead horde and swing that b**** at kittens and gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Delondial
    Not battle ready? Bah...I want to be able to ride around town on an undead horde and swing that b**** at kittens and gnomes.
    Loved this comment, you forgot to mention swinging it at your boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Delondial
    Not battle ready? Bah...I want to be able to ride around town on an undead horde and swing that b**** at kittens and gnomes
    Frostmourne hungers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharandris
    Frostmourne hungers.
    that made me laugh...

I've spoken with the devs and shiv not being missed or dodged is a bug and was never intended. The changes to the combat log revealed some problems with how this spell is coded and it is being worked on.
    So they can fix this, yet Mutilate and Backstab is so broken it's retarded? In an arena game I played today I had my Mutilate dodged by another rogue nothing less than 4 times within ~15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by AzGuL^
    So they can fix this, yet Mutilate and Backstab is so broken it's retarded? In an arena game I played today I had my Mutilate dodged by another rogue nothing less than 4 times within ~15 seconds.
    And thats a bug why? To paraphrase Pulp Fiction - "You saw a bug, I saw a freak occurrence".

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    And thats a bug why? To paraphrase Pulp Fiction - "You saw a bug, I saw a freak occurrence".
    I love you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    Amen

I think they went a little overboard on nerfing the S4 weapons, the new one is less of an upgrade than S3 was.

The Frostmourne Replica looks nice from a fantasy point of view, but 16 pounds for a 28" blade is horrible, it would be so slow to maneuver this thing because of it's weight and bulk. A no-frills real sword of this length should weigh about 5 pounds, but this sword does have a lot of decorative metal on it. A non-functional blade also weighs a lot more than a combat ready one.

At least they state: "The sword is for display purposes only." If you want a real sword get something from a real sword maker like Angel Swords.

So far as the s4 weapons nerf... well, I can only guess this is an attempt to make Sunwell weapons more worth the effort of raiding. Nothing is final yet but I can only wonder what the ranged weapons stats will be?? If the s4 xbow DPS is about the same as the 150 badge xbow, I know what my hunter is getting... the badge one since it's maybe one of the best BM raiding bows out there short of the legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by shadeth
    The Frostmourne Replica looks nice from a fantasy point of view, but 16 pounds for a 28" blade is horrible, it would be so slow to maneuver this thing because of it's weight and bulk. A no-frills real sword of this length should weigh about 5 pounds, but this sword does have a lot of decorative metal on it. A non-functional blade also weighs a lot more than a combat ready one.

At least they state: "The sword is for display purposes only." If you want a real sword get something from a real sword maker like Angel Swords.
    ....you really were thinking about buying that sword and taking it to the streets to teach some gnomes manners....weren't you?