WWI08 Tickets on sale March 20th, Blue posts

Update 18:00 CET - If you were wondering if the patch is today ...
    [blizzquote="Nethaera;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5288586147&postId=53773281435&sid=1#11]The patch is not today.[/blizzquote"]

Blizzard WWI08 Tickets on sale 20th March

PARIS, France. -- Tickets for the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment® Worldwide Invitational convention and tournament gaming event will be available from Thursday, 20th of March on the Worldwide Invitational website at http://eu.blizzard.com/wwi08.

This year's Blizzard Worldwide Invitational will take place in Paris, France, at the Porte de Versailles Exposition Centre on the 28th and 29th of June. Tickets are priced at €70 / £55 for the two-day event, which will feature hands-on play with the latest versions of World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King™ and StarCraft® II. Blizzard Entertainment developers and executives will be present to share all the latest news, meet attendees and participate in public discussion panels.

"The previous Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals have provided great opportunities for us to meet with players and share some incredible gaming experiences with them," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We're looking forward to bringing this event to Paris for the first time and offering an exciting show for everyone attending."

In addition to invitational tournaments featuring top eSports competitors playing for a total of $100,000 in prizes, the Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational will also host casual tournaments for attendees, costume and dance contests, live musical performances, and more. All attendees will also receive a goody bag of Blizzard Entertainment items including a beta key for an upcoming Blizzard Entertainment game and an exclusive World of Warcraft in-game pet.

The Worldwide Invitational is open to attendees of 16 years or above, as well as younger individuals accompanied by a consenting parent, guardian or responsible adult of 18 years or above.

Additional plans and content for the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational will be revealed on the official website in the weeks leading up to the event.

2.4 getting closer and closer
    Another interesting post by Tigerclaw, it's definitely too late to fix anything that isn't urgent in the 2.4 patch. We probably won't see it this week but we're definitely very close to a release.
    [blizzquote="Tigerclaw;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5286962908&postId=53751669892&sid=1#16]It might be easier all around if we just fixed the bug, which is being worked on right now. However I should point out that due to the stage of 2.4.0 development that we are in, this is more likely to get the nod for fixing in 2.4.2 instead of 2.4.0. If this had come up a couple weeks sooner we would be in a better position to address this in 2.4.0.[/blizzquote"]

TTR Connection Issues
    If you can't connect to Tournament Test Realms because it's not available in the realm list, you might want to do that.
    Originally Posted by Hortus (Blue Tracker)
    We are aware of the problems with selecting a realm type, and the issue is being looked at. Until it is fixed you can work around this by going into your wowtest/WTF folder and editing your config.wtf file to contain the line:

SET realmName "Arena Tournament"

2v2 queue times and 2.4
    A few changes are being made to Arenas to let servers run more 2v2 arena instances and decrease the queue time for them. The good thing is, Blizzard is considering further changes if it's not enough to reduce it effectively.
    Originally Posted by Drysc (Blue Tracker)
    There is a change in 2.4.0 that will allow the servers to kick up more arena instances in a shorter amount of time, generally lowering the amount of time it will take to get into a game with an equal amount of people queuing. We want to avoid calling this a one time "queue cure" as we're still not entirely certain how the changes will affect queue times under full load. Especially considering the increase in activity we see with any major patch release.

I think they're guaranteed to have some effect, but if it isn't an adequate impact we'll need to make further adjustments.

Cogent connections issues
    If your internet provider is routing traffic through Cogent, you might have some problems to connect to World of Warcraft servers. Well it's not going to be fixed anytime soon, because Blizzard can't really do anything about it, it's a problem between TeliaSonera and Cogent and users will probably have to wait until it's solved.
    [blizzquote="Thundgot;http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=3190831945&postId=31902968100&sid=1#1]Cogent has decided not to exchange traffic directly with TeliaSonera’s AS 1299 or indirectly with AS 1299 through a third-party provider. As a result, Cogent has partitioned the Internet and disrupted the flow of traffic between Cogent and TeliaSonera customers. While this has a negative impact on some users of the Internet, this effect is the result of Cogent’s decision and is unfortunately beyond TeliaSonera’s control.[/blizzquote"]

Re: WWI08 Tickets on sale March 20th, Blue posts

there is an error in the TeliaSonera-Url
    TeliaSonera

Boubouille! I really missed the news today morning when I started work here in my office :<
    What's going on?

So ... I continued spamming F5 permanently until yet, and all I get is the famous

[blizzquote author=<insert random Blizz-guy here>]blahblah 2.4 soon™[/blizzquote]

It's getting silent around the patch... silence before the storm maybe. We'll see.

perhaps next week so

i thought this week, but since today US servers didn't get the patch, it's for the next week :>

With PTRs down there isn't much I can do to post interesting news. I do have a few things left but nothing big anymore ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Phreeze
    perhaps next week so

i thought this week, but since today US servers didn't get the patch, it's for the next week :>
    How you know they didn't get the patch???
    Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.
    Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    With PTRs down there isn't much I can do to post interesting news. I do have a few things left but nothing big anymore ^^
    We want those things! I have been waiting for news... not "olds"
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

2.4 is coming closer and still no news about deathfrost
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

2.4.2?

Curious, I wonder why Blizzard always skips over a x.x.1 release. They did that for 2.3 as well, went straight to 2.3.2.

Hey Boubouille, I've been reading your website for ages and it's the best!! ;D

I have a question though (might have been answered before, but I haven't read comments much), will you be at BWI08 and if so would it be possible to meet you? I love your work

Quote Originally Posted by Seerinox
    Hey Boubouille, I've been reading your website for ages and it's the best!! ;D

I have a question though (might have been answered before, but I haven't read comments much), will you be at BWI08 and if so would it be possible to meet you? I love your work

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chiper
    2.4.2?

Curious, I wonder why Blizzard always skips over a x.x.1 release. They did that for 2.3 as well, went straight to 2.3.2.
    I think I remember reading a post on their versioning scheme where they said that the X.x.1 releases were reserved for stuff that had to be fixed due to bugs in the X.x.0 release. As in, like, game-breaking stuff that couldn't wait for the normal development cycle. If there isn't anything like that in the X.x.0 release, the next build will be a X.x.2 release.
    Shiboomi of <Riot> on US-Sargeras

2.4.2?

There was a 2.3.1. It was just bugfixes.

Further information on TeliaSonera and Cogent fight available here, http://gigaom.com/2008/03/14/the-tel...-web-for-many/

The Telia-Cogent Spat Could Ruin the Web For Many
    Om Malik, Friday, March 14, 2008 at 2:02 PM PT Comments (66)

Updated: Swedish telecom operator Telia and U.S.-based connectivity provider Cogent Communications have gotten into an ugly spat and have stopped interconnecting, according to some of my sources in the telecom business. What this essentially means is that Telia’s DSL customers could have trouble seeing Cogent-connected web services. Telia, now part of TeliaSonera is one of the largest networks in Europe.

The bickering could be because one of the two parties feel they need to be paid for the traffic they are sending. I am looking into this and have emails out to all my sources in the bandwidth business, and will update accordingly. (If you have any information, drop me a line.)

Cogent had previously gotten into a slugfest with Level 3 Communications. Cogent’s stance towards Telia is hypocritical. Here is a press release they issued back in 2005 when complaining about Level3. As a reader points out, Cogent has been involved in such spats with other carriers as well. OpenTransit (France Telecom), Teleglobe, ATDN are some of those who have had Cogent issues.

This is a letter Telia sent to its customers:
    Dear Customer,
    We would like to give you the following information:
    Cogent has decided not to exchange traffic directly with TeliaSonera’s AS 1299 or indirectly with AS 1299 through a third-party provider. As a result, Cogent has partitioned the Internet and disrupted the flow of traffic between Cogent and TeliaSonera customers.
    While this has a negative impact on some users of the Internet, this effect is the result of Cogent’s decision and is unfortunately beyond TeliaSonera’s control. Until Cogent rectifies this situation, TeliaSonera customers experiencing any difficulty reaching Cogent’s network can continue to purchase IP Transit from TeliaSonera along with another Tier 1 provider. This will fix the immediate problem and ensure optimal connectivity going forward.
    We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused…
    If you have further concerns, please address your commercial contact at TeliaSonera

lol, well that clears up if the patch is coming then!

2.4.2?

not sure if this was already mentioned, probably was, but .odd releases are bug fixes or actually game-engine type changes while .even are used for content releases, class changes, etc...

so from all the bugs we will get from 2.4.0 there will be a 2.4.1 attempting to fix some/most/all of those bugs. then we will have a 2.4.2 patch release, most likely fixing the imbalance created in 2.4.0, and then a 2.4.3 bug fix release to deal with leftover bugs from 2.4.0 and new bugs created by the 2.4.2 patch release, although they may have just compounded bugs created in 2.4.0 that were not not solved in 2.4.1.

cynical enough for you?