Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: S3 Gear requirements in season 4

Hmm... Why should one buy S3 weapons if you can get 2.4 BoJ comparable-to-S3 weapons for less time and money? Karazhan + daily heroic = 50 badges / week. You would need 1100+ arena points and of course personal rating to get S3 weapon with same speed.

Anyhow with wotlk they should remove rated arenas and keep them for TTR only. It caused enough damage as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by lockadin
    It is exactly the same as the S3 dagger
    Let me guess, you have only +spldmg gems in youre gear?

Quote Originally Posted by druidiful
    From the way that it was posted, it almost seems as if the ratings will be higher for s4.
    That's what i do understand also.

Quote Originally Posted by Eily
    As far as i know Kalgan plays a warrior, this is why they dont get nerfed.
    Stop with the crap posting please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokh
    I'd say for S4, 2k for the Weapons, 2150 for the Shoulders. Should be an achievement, not just a hand out.
    Hoping for a 1950 weapons and 2100 shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi
    Anyhow with wotlk they should remove rated arenas and keep them for TTR only. It caused enough damage as it is.
    fuck off, some people only playing pvp / arena, if you are a pve noobie doesnt mean other people dont like the pvp parts / arena
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

Quote Originally Posted by Nowad
    fuck off, some people only playing pvp / arena, if you are a pve noobie doesnt mean other people dont like the pvp parts / arena
    so whats your problem? Go on TTR realm

Tantti commented "The new badge spelldamagedagger is nowhere near the s3 dagger" so I stated the the heroic dagger has exactly the same spell damage as the s3. I saw the word spelldamage and not the dagger so I was trying to show that the two daggers have exactly the same amount of spell damage.

Yes the hit rating is very important, but at 500 to 700 ms lag and a lock + paladin group vs warrior/druid, rogue/druid in almost every game it really is impossible for me to get 1600 and since I will not be able to get any gear on my lock in arenas that actually beats PVE gear then there is no reason for me to even play arenas on my lock. Same goes for my prot paladin. I want only one item and that is the shield. I was willing to take 3 months of sucking at a 1400 rating playing 20 to 30 games a week to get the shield, but since I will never be able to get the shield I have no reason to go play and constantly suck

Quote Originally Posted by eternity
    Stop with the crap posting please.
    You are an Idiot, too. And now stfu Frenchy.

Well here's a big surprise, Blizzard goes and does something completely stupid again!!!

What the hell is the point of Lowering the Rating needed to buy S3 gear by only 50 points, you just might as well go for the S4 crap, I mean honestly are they that stupid?!? I think they might have all gotten together in a room and said "Lets figure out how we can piss off and screw our customers some more."

The thing is you have people who were looking forward to finally getting stuff that was incredible hard to get and incredible expensive. But now you have ensured that they never achieve it simply because they are out matched wither because of the makeup of there team or they went up against better gear.

Just wanted to say thx Blizzard for screwing the pooch yet again

This is lovely imo.

I have the shoulders & the weapons myself, and there's seriously nothing worse than seeing some retarded 10-games-a-week nub walking around with the shoulders I've spent weeks to get 2k rating for. Just because they're one season outdated it doesn't mean they completely suck and any nub should have access to it.

It's like... why would the hardcore pve'ers spent hours and hours raiding BT for T6 gear, when t6 would be released in kara (accessable for anyone) a month later?

Keep it up, Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturelord
    This is lovely imo.

I have the shoulders & the weapons myself, and there's seriously nothing worse than seeing some retarded 10-games-a-week nub walking around with the shoulders I've spent weeks to get 2k rating for. Just because they're one season outdated it doesn't mean they completely suck and any nub should have access to it.

It's like... why would the hardcore pve'ers spent hours and hours raiding BT for T6 gear, when t6 would be released in kara (accessable for anyone) a month later?

Keep it up, Blizz.
    How about T6 equivalent gear for badges from Kara? Oh wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Decapitation
    How about T6 equivalent gear for badges from Kara? Oh wait!
    2.6 speed swords outperform fists with 2.5 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturelord
    You can still have the S4 shoulders to show off with. Being older doesn't make the S3 shoulders suck, but they aren't the status icon they used to be, are they? The issue with rating is obvious if you're one of the less fortunate on a realm that is absolutely dead pvp-wise. It can be very hard to find a proper team, and even then you're competing against lots of ideal setups like warrior/druid. And that's not to say warriors are OP, I think it's actually the resto druids that are.

The big thing high rated people usually seems to come back to is "look at how wonderful I am". Yes you guys are wonderful and awesome and all that. Us sucky players get +-200 points a week. So we are willing to spend 13 weeks to try and get the weapon and allow you guys to climb over us. In that time you already bought every item so why do you care? How many of the 2000 rated teams actually go make new teams just to walk over the 1500's? I would imagine many of the if you look at the win/loss ratings. These are people that already sit at a high rating with awesome pvp gear and just really go rape the sucky people, because it is fun for them.

How many teams did you play that sucked to get to your 2000 rating? I know I sucked so I probably gave you your 15 points. So you need to rather thank me and people like me than saying we aren't allowed to get out dated gear compared to your gear.

In my PVE guild I don't think any team is in the 1500 range even. Most of the guys hang around the 1300 or 1400 rating. How did they get there? They fought people like you. You gained your points and they lost their points. Blizzard is removing the carrot for all of them to still play. So now imagine what will happen to your rating when all the people you climbed over don't play anymore and only people in the 1700+ bracket play.

The 1700's will end up in the 1400's and you will end up in the 1700's, because now you have the best competing against the best and no more sucky players to climb over.

So yes you guys might love showing off or what ever, but you need to remember how you where able to get where you are. Most of the pve guys I know don't care who gets what from arenas or badges. Get what you can get. It has to do with doing what ever you can to progress in the game.

I usually play between 20 and 30 games in my 2v2 (1580 rating or so). Last week I played just over the 50 game in my 3v3 (1608 rating). So I play 70 to 80 games a week for 13 weeks for one item. You guys can't say I am not putting effort in. I don't know how many games you guys play, but 70 to 80 games a week seems like effort to me

I usually play between 20 and 30 games in my 2v2 (1580 rating or so). Last week I played just over the 50 game in my 3v3 (1608 rating). So I play 70 to 80 games a week for 13 weeks for one item. You guys can't say I am not putting effort in. I don't know how many games you guys play, but 70 to 80 games a week seems like effort to me
    well it would only be like 3-4 weeks for a cheaper item, the weapon would take 13 weeks, however you would need 1850 rating for that, which it seems like you wouldn't have :/ no offense of course, just calling it as i see it.

Correct. Impossible for me to get that rating for the weapon and that is the only thing I want. I have 2 * S1 gear, 2 * S2 gear (shoulders + weapon), 2 * S3 gear (chest + legs) 350 resilience rating, SL/SL spec and still I suck. What I am saying is I am willing to spend the 13 weeks for the weapon that is so oh last season and all these other guys get to climb over me, but now that a rating will still be required I might as well stop.

How many other people are there out there like me? Have the spec, have the items, but just can't get the rating. We are willing to put the time in, but we just don't have the skills. So why still arena then?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Sorry but Kalgan is playing a warlock, this is why they dont get nerfed.
    Shakin ur hoof, m8

Correct. Impossible for me to get that rating for the weapon and that is the only thing I want. I have 2 * S1 gear, 2 * S2 gear (shoulders + weapon), 2 * S3 gear (chest + legs) 350 resilience rating, SL/SL spec and still I suck. What I am saying is I am willing to spend the 13 weeks for the weapon that is so oh last season and all these other guys get to climb over me, but now that a rating will still be required I might as well stop.

How many other people are there out there like me? Have the spec, have the items, but just can't get the rating. We are willing to put the time in, but we just don't have the skills. So why still arena then?
    indeed, i understand your position. my mage is probably the same, short of getting carried to 1850, i will be in a few s3 pieces + 0.5 set in 2.4, and maybe some honor pieces if i have time to farm it. point being with rating requirements i am still stuck farming loads of honor to get season s2 pieces to be in a place to get the rating for s3.

sucks having 6500 hp and like 30 resil hahaha. at least your a lock :/

I am actually at the point of buying points. I met a druid that gets people to a 2000 rating for 10g a game.

I am actually at the point of buying points. I met a druid that gets people to a 2000 rating for 10g a game.
    And everyone calls out the nerf bat to warriors and locks.....