Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: S3 Gear requirements in season 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ferleyin
    Utter GARBAGE. Buy a clue, Blizzard, and ditch the Season 3 Weapons/shoulder requirement. Only the current season should have any sort of rating requirement attached, if you deem it absolutely necessary.

Stop punishing players for playing with their friends by placing ratings requirements on gear. We earn the points, so we should be able to spend them as we see fit.

Although many of us [i]could[i] join some highly rated team if we [i]wished[i] to, many of us choose not to join a team that takes arenas so seriously, hence we'll probably never hit an 1800+ rating. If I earn the points to buy the weapon, then I absolutely should be able to buy the weapon if it's from the previous season.
    Your kind of ppl make me giggle...and they say that pve is easy mode..

Quote Originally Posted by Avex
    Season 2 was a lot more fun without the rating. You actually see interesting combo's in arena not constant cookie cutter.
    I play Shadowpriest, Resto Druid, Frost Mage, and Ive made it to 2300... I dare say my team is not cookie cutter?

Quote Originally Posted by Krypt
    i dont think it should be removed, the gear is still pretty fucking good to be handed out to a lose-10-games-a-week scrub.
    You'll still need to win at least 60% of the game to maintain a rating of 1600 nowadays, and you really can't maintain that rating if you have anything less than S2 and/or most ideal team setup. So really you are not that good and they are not as bad as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Eily
    As far as i know Kalgan plays a warrior, this is why they dont get nerfed.
    Warrior is already very nerfed. Cry more?

Just because you are beaten on equipment and teamwork doesn't mean the warrior class is OP. Several classes can hit much harder than geared warrior in melee when you put the per attack damage of the 2 classes side by side, and most of them got more utility.

Just because you fail to kite a class that is supposed to be kited doesn't mean the class owes you.

1650 and 1800 on the S3 gear would be fine with me personally. Those rating can be easily obtained by your slightly above average player, but put them out of reach from the scrubs who lose 10 games a week. Those rating would also mean that many would see have a REASON to get S3 in those slots.

Arena has two failings.

1. Only the most skilled players get the best gear with the ridiculous effect of putting a handicap on the underdog.
    2. The least skilled players can still get many incredibly good items making a total joke of much of the PvE progression.

The problem is that if they make the gear easier to get it exacerbates problem two, if they make it harder to get it exacerbates problem one.

To make everyone happy they need to give out less gear and reduce the poor player handicap. The only way to do this is to normalize the gear inside the arena. The simple way is to just make a standard set of gear for each class that you get when you go to arena. For slightly more effort they can either make an arena waiting room where you can get whatever enchanted top tier arena gear you want but it cannot be worn outside the waiting area or the arena.

If you want to go further and still encourage BG participation you can easily just upgrade any previous season gear to the top season gear inside the arena.

This solves every problem.

First, it means that arena will tend to be much more skill based since the gear difference will be totally eliminated.
    Second, it means they can make the reward for arena victory be the ability to wear that gear outside the arenas. This allows them to make the gear much harder to get. Being able to make the gear harder to get also appeases the PvE guilds since they won't all be outgeared by people who just lose some arenas once a week.

Just as an addendum here is my pet theory why they haven't done such a thing, since it is pretty obvious that that is the solution and they must be aware of it. My theory is that Blizzard are well aware that gear plays a much bigger part in victory than many of the PvPers like to admit. The system as it stands means that those who spend most time doing PvP will tend to have the most success in PvP. This makes the PvPers happy since those who are hardcore into their PvP will tend to do very well at it. If they normalize the gear inside the arenas a lot of those who live and breathe for arena are going to suddenly find themselves losing a lot more to the very scrub teams their gear used to allow them to steamroller. In effect, the artificial gear handicap serves to make PvP more rewarding for those who are most interested in PvP and Blizzard seem to be loath to upset this situation.

They dumb PvE so much, yet hardly touch PvP

I see no problem with a rating requirement on s3, though as most people stated, who in their right mind is gonna hit 1800/1950 and quit there......50 points isn't crap at that point......also the gap between s2 and s3 now is ridiculous......a small improvement in stats but the ability to grind out 2 days worth of honor to pick up an item, lets say an s2 2-handed weapon, versus like 3300 arena points and an 1800 rating for an s3 2-handed weapon.......anyways its not set in stone so we'll see what happens

I'm loling all the way to the bank at this one.

Quote Originally Posted by aRtFuL

Just because you are beaten on equipment and teamwork doesn't mean the warrior class is OP. Several classes can hit much harder than geared warrior in melee when you put the per attack damage of the 2 classes side by side, and most of them got more utility.

Just because you fail to kite a class that is supposed to be kited doesn't mean the class owes you.
    You are an idiot. Go and cut your wrists.
    (I'll give you 5 imaginary gold-pieces if you can find the irony behind my original quote,...someday)

Quote Originally Posted by aRtFuL

Warrior nerfed? How?

Same gears, a warrior with a healer is OP (more than any other class with a healer)

Hit harder? Like what?

How the hell can you kit something that slow you down and can intercept you whenever you have a possibility to get away?
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

50 pts is a joke ... thats no difference at all

because its sooo much easier for an enhancement shammy to reach 1800 instead of 1850 ....

Quote Originally Posted by Beefpotpie
    I play Shadowpriest, Resto Druid, Frost Mage, and Ive made it to 2300... I dare say my team is not cookie cutter?
    A Druid you say I'm really in shock here. :P

I'd say for S4, 2k for the Weapons, 2150 for the Shoulders. Should be an achievement, not just a hand out.

eh, pretty lame imo. I agree that there should be a requirement, at least for the weapons. When the s3 caster staff is on par with what drops in BT/MH then there has to be some what of a break in who can get it, not just anyone who loses 10 games a week for points.

1700/1850 imo would be fair

As others have said, and i guess ill beat the dead horse, i have no problems with rating requirements on the items. But 1950 and 1800 is really kind of dumb if they plan on keeping the rating requirements in s4 the same for the weapons and shoulders. I think 1700 for the weapon and 1850 for the shoulders would be alot more fair to everyone involved, it keeps really bad players or people that just lose ten games a week from acessing the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokh
    I'd say for S4, 2k for the Weapons, 2150 for the Shoulders. Should be an achievement, not just a hand out.
    +1

If u playing all season and cant reach 1850 - go cut your hands becose you are noob. =)
    About shoulders - this item is for elite, u dont realy need it, imo 2000 rating is very low for it.

PS Im playing on EU, Cyclone BGroup.

Shoulders needs the highest rating becose i need to see it in outdoor/BG from far distance. This change was very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Warrior nerfed? How?

Same gears, a warrior with a healer is OP (more than any other class with a healer)

Hit harder? Like what?

How the hell can you kit something that slow you down and can intercept you whenever you have a possibility to get away?
    <irony>
    That comming from a F1 Racing Car made me lol irl...

Oh wait, u're a wannabe mage... sorry
    </irony>

2150 (like some people said) is too high, in some battlegroups its hardly impossible and not everyone would like to play / can play in a FOTM... to find good 5v5's (or even arena m8's) on some realms is also really hard...

and 1800 / 1950 is also too high, nobody will ever buy S3 shit if they need such a rating
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

When Season 4 starts here's what will happen:
    Season 1 removed
    Season 2 moved to honor
    Season 3 rating requirements and prices lowered
    Shoulders : 1950 rating
    Weapons : 1800 rating
    Season 4 gear added
    50 points lower is pretty pathetic, considering you could just get those 50 extra points and buy S4.
    It should be lowered by at least 100 to be any use.