[Mage] Sick of PVP so i go raid some bosses :X

Hi,

i got tired of pvp so i want to pve. I play a undead mage that has seen Kara (most of it) and Gruul (haven't actually downed him, best try was 3% tho).

I'm also a tailor, at 366, and getting it to 375 would be no problem, making it possible to get the crafted sets. Right now my i do have the spellfire gloves.

So far nothing special but i read about how in SSC / TK i need to specc frost for some fights, which would make me need to replace 3 items. I could go with the other crafted set but i can't afford paying 150G every now and then for a bossfight to switch my speciality.

That was what kinda made me struggle about doing PvE in the first place, i hate respeccing.

What do i need to know and what do i have to specc in what instance?

Thanks alot.
    -neVo
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag
    botting is a exploit/cheat, don't do that! or else kickboxing nagas will kill you. and your familie and if you had freinds they would die too. maybe they will kill your guildmates or F-list. dunno much about those nagafreaks.
    Hell yeah.

Re: [Mage] Sick of PVP so i go raid some bosses :X

arcane/fire

I know the usual specc 10/48/3 or i think 2/49/10 became popular too but i mean what about those fights were mobs are fire immune or heavy resistant?
    botting is a exploit/cheat, don't do that! or else kickboxing nagas will kill you. and your familie and if you had freinds they would die too. maybe they will kill your guildmates or F-list. dunno much about those nagafreaks.
    Hell yeah.

You honestly never need to respec. The fight that you're hearing where you would need to be frost is Al'ar, and you can easily just rotate Arcane Blast and Frostbolt for the encounter. 2/48/11 is going to be your best bet at this point. If I was you, I'd try to craft the full Spellfire and Spellstrike sets, which will certainly is going to increase your DPS significantly, but you're never going to have to fully respec for a fight. The only time that I ever did was for our first Illidan kill for survivability and to handle parasites better, but I've been doing it as my normal fire build ever since.

TL;DR, 2/48/11 for everything make your sets chopchop!

Exactly what i wanted to hear thank you.

I was just worried because i saw a couple screenshots of mages raiding and most of them were frost specc so i was thinking.
    Hell yeah.

Luminair is correct. The only two fights in all of BC (IIRC) that are fire-immune are Al'ar and Supremus (Which is in BT). Our raiding mages (Both of them 2/48/11) still do 600-700 DPS on Al'ar.

Supremus isn't immune actually, just has pretty high passive fire resist. You can employ the same strat to it as you would to Al'ar, but your dps is going to be dwarfed by locks and shadow priests generally from the kiting phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck
    lol @fire karazhan raiders
    How am i supposed to understand that?
    Hell yeah.

Just wanted to let you know my personal experience;

I have always been a frost mage, an arcane frost mage... And tbh, i would recommend u specced arcane fire, cuz this will in general keep your fire dmg at the same, but in fights like al'ar u still have the +25% spell dmg talent from arcane, so you will still manage to do decent dmg in any tree.. I myself, did 2k+ scorch crit's on Hydross in SSC, with my full arcane / frost mage... no fire gear or talents at all :P

As Luminair and Red said make the spellfire set, wich will increse both arcane and fire damage, 2/48/11 is the best build you can have
    If you choose to go arcane frost or arcane fire, in any case to play with AB and AM then get ready to have huge mana pool, with 2/48/11 you got the good damage, you lower the hit needed on boss ( 167 where other classes are at 202) plus you get the ice veins, add in your group a shammie with heroism ( that before 2.4) and beware of your aggro:P

I think heroism and IV is still going to stack?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes, they will still stack Blizzard took back that change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.