Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2.4 PTRs down, 2.4 Items armor changes, comics

2.4 PTRs down until further notice
    PTRs have been taken down to increase the amount of people testing the TTRs. That's a pretty good news actually because it looks like they need to rush a few tests ... maybe because the patch is going live soon ?
    Originally Posted by Hortus (Blue Tracker)
    In order to gather additional logging information for the Tournament Test realm we will be taking down the regular 2.4 PTRs until further notice. We encourage everyone to check out the TTR to help us test our new hardware configurations.

You can find more information regarding the TTR and post your feedback in the Tournament Test Forum.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?sid=1&forumId=5412099

Comics
    First, a small update of comics with the release of Dark Legacy #134, I also received a mail about ... Shakes & Fidget ! If you've been reading WoW comics for a long time you'll probably remember this one and be very happy to know that it's translated into english once again.

Re: 2.4 PTRs down, 2.4 Items armor changes, comics

Overall change in armor is about +10%, nice buff for everyone.

2.4 tomorrow?!

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    2.4 tomorrow?!
    Don't get your hopes up.

Rumor has it, that 2.4 is indeed planned for release this week (as always, barring any unforseen problems)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisek
    Overall change in armor is about +10%, nice buff for everyone.
    It range between 10% and 20%
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

What about the new engi helms?

Hope it will go into the live server this week,
    the players got time at Easter.
    Is this cause enough for Blizzard? I think so.
    My english is not the best, so if you want to correct my entry. Please send me a personal massage

Quote Originally Posted by Draxinusom
    Rumor has it, that 2.4 is indeed planned for release this week (as always, barring any unforseen problems)
    Doubt it, but in my opinion it wouldn't be impossible to see it next week though.

I saw a huge post, hoping for a lot of interesting news. And I'll I get are PTRs down (which means nothing, it's been taken down tons of times this patch) and an excessively long list of minor (very minor) changes. Oh well, at least it's comic day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    It range between 10% and 20%
    I mean avarege +10%

Deleted

http://www.buffed.de/fileadmin/image...Heroes/30a.jpg
    The last skill, you need to present us to pass your exam is "Blink"
    All you need to do is blink exactly 20 meters straight forward.
    Right on this spot.
    Oh no - Get lost you moron
    Give it you best shot, Fidget! Concentrate!
    I failed this exam 15 times. Everytime because of this silly blink .... This time it will work. Focus on the target .... concentrate
    I'm sorry, Fidget. I cant let you pass as long as you can't do this.
    Damn exams. I can't get this dumb spell working.... I will never become a real Mage
    Tell me about it...."Get me 10 Wolf Hides" here "kill 12 Boars" there.... I will never become a famous and strong warrior that way...
    You know... in the past with my partner i seeked a magic artifect, which grants you great magic might! It is guarded by a skeletton warrior which posses a mighty sword....
    I think you had enough
    We had the only existing map but my partner got lost with it....He is probably not alive anymore....
    SHAKES! Did you hear that?!
    Wha?
    If we find this artifact i will pass the exam and nobody will laught at me anymore
    Just think about what an adventure that would be! And when everybody finds out that we found the artifact and defeated the guardian we will be famous and they are gonna respect us!
    Hm...
    Hey, maybe you are right! Maybe they will write about us in history books.
    ?to the adventure? (Charge? For Gnomeregan? ^^) We get better be started right away.
    Boah, i feel sick!
    _5 min later_
    Perfekt, i have no idea where to start...
    If the guy with the map is dead maybe it (map) is near his corpse... but how should we know where he died?!
    Hm....If somebody knows it when, how and where somebody died...
    than is it BOB the spirit guide in the afterlife.
    Oh no! You sure better not be suggesting what i think you will...
    On the count on three
    One, two....
    ....THREEEEeeeeeeeee!
    Are you dead yet?
    No but nearly....at least I'm seriously wounded!
    Thats not gonna work. We need to think about something else.

Whoever wants to correct my spelling and fill in the bubbles go ahead but please add a nice "Translated by Vaizard" at the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Punx
    Looks like 2.4 is done and they can't change it

My other comp is a Mac and cant use any addons
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...86962908&sid=1

He states they can't change it but will post 2.4....

Say hello to 2.4 Next Week
    The problem described there seems to be coming from the fact that the poster is using symbolic links (a filesystem feature). Normally installed addons are most likely not affected at all, so don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Doubt it, but in my opinion it wouldn't be impossible to see it next week though.
    I also thought it was too soon Executus ;D , but next week is easter so probably not gonna happen then (Easter monday). Still it would be good if it is online over these days, which actually only leaves this week. In any case, I think there are enough signs that it is very soon.

Deleted

This again shows how little Blizzard cares about what their customers want and how much they do care about what THEY want.

If their customers wanted to do arena tournaments, they would have gone to the TTR anyway... Why take down PTRs to "artificially" increase the population?

Arena has already destroyed so much of the plain vanilla wow that many (insert: Raiders) so much enjoyed. Now they even openly admit that they want to FORCE people into doing arenas instead of PvE...

Sad.

Yes, I sense the patch incoming very soon!

I hope the patch never comes! Hey my friend told me that they're going to announce s4 a month before it is released on the general forums. Is there any truth to that?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss
    This again shows how little Blizzard cares about what their customers want and how much they do care about what THEY want.

If their customers wanted to do arena tournaments, they would have gone to the TTR anyway... Why take down PTRs to "artificially" increase the population?

Arena has already destroyed so much of the plain vanilla wow that many (insert: Raiders) so much enjoyed. Now they even openly admit that they want to FORCE people into doing arenas instead of PvE...

Sad.
    no, it simply means that they needed to test the arena tournament servers more ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss

Sad.
    Or maybe they already have all the data they need from the PvE testing. I mean ... you do realize this is the test realm, right? No one is going to force you to PvP on live realms.

Generally, I think it makes sense to just test the things that, ya know, need testing.

Quote Originally Posted by acragas
    Or maybe they already have all the data they need from the PvE testing. I mean ... you do realize this is the test realm, right? No one is going to force you to PvP on live realms.

Generally, I think it makes sense to just test the things that, ya know, need testing.
    What, logic? On my forums?!

My apologies if this has already been mentioned somewhere, but just in case... the Veteran's Dragonhide Bracers that every rogue seems to have picked up (due to superior offensive stats) have been changed to include +healing now. Kind of a bummer.

Anywho, I feel like I probably just couldn't find that info in here. But there you go.