Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SWP First kills, Hyjal changes, Arena tournament, blue posts

We've got plenty of blue posts to cover today, but you can probably expect more "unofficial" news for tomorrow.

Sunwell Plateau world first kills
    We had plenty of them on the PTRs but hey, they're still world first kills (and bosses were slightly modified since their last appearance on PTRs) ! The first 3 bosses of the Sunwell Plateau have been killed, the following guilds got the world firsts :
    • V A N Q U I S H (US-Cho'gall) was the first guild to kill Kalecgos.
    • Blood Legion (US-Illidan) was the first guild to kill Brutallus.
    • Curse / SK-Gaming was the first guild to kill Felmyst. (And before you ask, yes, Curse guild left meet Your makers to join SK-Gaming, you can read a full interview about this change on SK-Gaming.)

And while we're talking about Sunwell Plateau, please note that [item=34183] doesn't drop from Felmyst anymore and drop from trash mobs instead.

Hyjal summit and Zul'aman changes in 2.4
    I already posted about the additions of The Fists of Fury to the Hyjal Summit trash loot table yesterday, but we now have a lot more details about all the changes made to Hyjal Summit in 2.4
    • You now get 12 reputation points for each mob killed.
    • Frostwyrms give 60 reputation points.
    • Bosses give 375 reputation points.
    • You should get about 6~7k reputation points for a single run.
    • The area around Archimonde in Battle for Mount Hyjal has been decreased in size and players are no longer able to go into the hills around his area. (Source)

Also, I didn't really know where to add this Zul'aman change in today's news, but it looks like [item=33421] now gives 40 defense rating instead of 40 block rating.

Sunwell Heroic rewards ETA - About a month
    Blizzard expects most of the servers to reach the 3rd phase of the Offensive within a month, at this point the "Anvil" will be taken and the new badge vendor will become available.
    Originally Posted by Drysc (Blue Tracker)
    While it's going to differ for each realm we expect it to take about a month for the the "Anvil" to be taken, and the new badge vendor that accompanies it to become available.

Participating in all of the Shattered Sun Offensive-related daily quests contribute to your realm's progress in taking back each section of the island. So lend a hand! Only you can prevent Fel-Infestion! Give a hoot, don't ... avoid doing the daily quests. Where's the Anvil! How many daily quests does it take to get to the center of Quel'Danas? etc. etc.

2008 Arena Tournament Registration is now open
    In preparation for the start of the 2008 World of Warcraft Arena Tournament, registration is now open. The Arena Tournament focuses on 3-vs.-3 Arena competition, and participants will be given the chance to qualify for live tournaments with cash prizes. By registering, you will be granted access to our special tournament realms where you can customize your characters and battle with fellow players. For more details or to register for the tournament, please visit the Arena Tournament information page. Good luck!

US Registration - http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/tournament/index.xml
    EU Registration - http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/arena/tournament/index.xml
    Drysc also posted a 2nd post to explain some of the "rules" of the tournament.
    We're collecting feedback and questions regarding the Arena Tournament realm and registration process, and we'll be providing a FAQ in the coming days that should address most of the larger questions.

In the mean time we've prepared clarification for the rules specific to our Canadian players, the essay, and what's required to register:

Canadian residents are not required to pay an Entry Fee in order to enter. Instead, Canadian residents have a choice of entering the Tournament by either submitting a 250 word typewritten essay or paying the $20.00 entry fee (per qualification round). If a Canadian resident chooses to write the essay to enter the Tournament, the essay shall be a typewritten essay on 8 ½ x 11 inch paper comparing the video gaming culture in Canada to the video gaming culture in the United States. The essay should be mailed to the following address: The North American Blizzard Entertainment Arena Tournament, P.O Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623. Essay entries must be received no later than March 31, 2008 in order to be eligible, and should include the name, address, and the account name of the World of Warcraft account that they intend to use for the Tournament. The account specified must be an active retail Burning Crusade account, and must be registered and played from Canada (excluding Quebec). Essay entrants represent and warrant that the essay is their original work and does not infringe the rights of any third party. By entering, essay entrants hereby grant, without further consideration, all right, title and interest in and to their essay to Sponsor. No corrections or adjustments to the entry materials will be accepted either during or after the signup period.

Sunwell Isle offensive phase auto-completion time
    So ... How much time will it take to complete the offensive on a low populated realm ? not that much according to Drysc.
    [blizzquote="Drysc;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5575657923&postId=55751961929&sid=1#3]Each phase includes an "auto complete" time, in which case the next phase will automatically begin if your realm is falling behind. It's around double the amount of time for it to auto complete as compared to what we estimate an average realm will finish each phase in.[/blizzquote"]

Hotfixes for the Week of March 24 - 30
    Two hotfixes have been deployed on live servers, according to the thread there will probably be more of them during the week.
    Originally Posted by Drysc
    This thread will remain updated throughout the week of March 24 - March 30 with any notable hotfixes.

Hotfixes applied and active :
    • Players are no longer able to accept the quests "Blood for Blood" and "Blast the Gateway" without first completing "The Missing Magistrix"
    • Felblood Initiate respawn rate significantly increased

Weapon size changes in 2.4
    Changes on Humans, Taurens, and Dwarves are intended, but the ones on Undead and Trolls are just bugs and will be fixed.
    Originally Posted by Hortus (Blue Tracker)
    Tauren 2 Handed weapons, Female human and Male Dwarf 1 handed weapons are all intended changes. As I have said before If you do not like it please post in the general or suggestions forum. Posting here will do you no good.

Undead and Troll weapons are bugs and will be fixed in a future patch.

High latency in Battlegrounds
    Blizzard is aware of the high latency experienced by users on both EU and US realms and is working on a fix.
    [blizzquote="Drysc;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5575687783&postId=55751960886&sid=1#0]We are aware of the high latency being experienced in some battlegroups and we're in the process of attempting to find a resolution as quickly as possible. We will continue to track this issue and report any updates within this thread.[/blizzquote"]

Combat Log Spam and performance issues
    If you're experiencing framerate issues when zonning, you might want to try this.
    Originally Posted by Slouken
    How to stop framerate lag due to refiltering when you zone:

Issue: When you zone from an instance to the outside world, the combat log goes through a massive loop, pasting every combat log message in the last 5 minutes.

Why would I want to do this fix?
    • You have framerate issues when zoning
    • You have recently been in a combat sessions where there are many combat log events (e.g. raid boss encounters)

Instructions
    1. Select the “Everything” tab
    2. /script Blizzard_CombatLog_CurrentSettings.settings.showHistory = false

This will prevent all combat log messages from being re-filtered when you zone.

Side-Effects
    This will also prevent you from seeing old messages with the “Everything” tab.

How to Undo
    If you accidentally set this on the wrong tab, select the broken tab and type:
    /script Blizzard_CombatLog_CurrentSettings.settings.showHistory = true

These settings will be saved when you logout.

Patch 2.4 Bugs
    There are a few more bugs identified on patch 2.4, according to Hortus a full list of bugs currently affecting the live servers will be released very soon.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Raid reset timer
    There's an issue that's causing the "raid reset time" message to display incorrect lengths. There haven't been any changes, it's simply a display issue. I'm not sure at this time if it's an ongoing issue or if it was a temporary error. (Source)

Void Reaver
    Void Reaver intentionally no longer targets or faces players that he casts Arcane Orb on. This was done to fix a bug. There is a bug in that there is currently no combat log message for him casting Arcane Orb (just the impact message), causing boss mods to not work. This will be fixed in a future patch. (Source)

Mages
    A bug prevent players from training Polymorph: Pig. Please contact a GM if you have completed the quest and they will make every effort to help you. (Source)

Shaman
    • Mental Quickess doesn't affect Ghost Wolf (with Improved Ghost Wolf 2/2), this look like a bug and Blizzard will check it out. (Source)
    • The "clearcasting sound" is bugged and no longer plays. (Source)

Fatigue bar on gryphons
    Sometimes, players will get a fatigue bar while using a gryphons and will eventually die, this is a known bug and it will be fixed in an upcoming patch. (Source)

Alterac Valley resurrection glitch
    Sometimes in Alterac Valley, players won't be teleported to the next graveyard if the one they're currently waiting at is taken by the enemy. (Source)

Quests
    Veneratus the Many isn't spawning anymore for the "The Cipher of Damnation - Ar'tor's Charge" quest. (Source)

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: SWP First kills, Hyjal changes, Arena tournament, blue posts

Weapon size changes in 2.4
    Changes on Humans, Taurens, and Dwarves are intended, but the ones on Undead and Trolls are just bugs and will be fixed.
    [blizzquote="Hortus;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5575897841&postId=55751963724&sid=1#8]Tauren 2 Handed weapons, Female human and Male Dwarf 1 handed weapons are all intended changes. As I have said before If you do not like it please post in the general or suggestions forum. Posting here will do you no good.[/blizzquote"]

1 month before next phase? On Frostmane EU we had 45% done when I logged out last night

60% on Silvermoon

where do you see the progress of your realm?

/agreed. The weapon changes look crap

Any idea what stage and % EU Darksorrow is at? Away from home so cant log on WoW to see

90% for Frostmourne-US

94% Mal'Ganis - US, should be at 100% in the next 2 hours since dailies reset

I lol'ed when i read about canadian players that they can write an essay to gain free entrance to the tournament xD

Quote Originally Posted by Aéquitas
    1 month before next phase? On Frostmane EU we had 45% done when I logged out last night
    1 month before the badge vendor is operable. Not the next phase.

The badge vendor only spawns after the 2nd phase is completed and then requires a daily of her own to get operabled. So practically it will only work at the end of phase 3.

Hell whats going on in Canada that they have to write an essay about the tournament?
    Are there so strickt laws?

Quote Originally Posted by Psykhe
    1 month before the badge vendor is operable. Not the next phase.

The badge vendor only spawns after the 2nd phase is completed and then requires a daily of her own to get operabled. So practically it will only work at the end of phase 3.
    Actually, on the US-PVE PTR at least, the unlocking of the vendors went MUCH much faster than the unlocking of the buildings. I'm not sure if this was because people weren't doing the building dalies cause it wasn't live, or if it was intended to be that way.... but it seemed like about the same number of people were working on unlocking both, from what I saw, so I would say the badge vendor is probably phase 2.5, with the harbor as 3.0 and the gem vendor as 3.5

wow Vanquish got the first?
    That's funny.
    I would of thought Deathwish would have edged them out.

Oh well grats Vanquish.

Quote Originally Posted by fizyx
    I would say the badge vendor is probably phase 2.5
    The badge vendor only spawns in phase 3. Phase 2 is the sanctum, phase 3 the armory.

my guild went in hyjal on tuesday and both fist weapons to dropped, the main and off hand. a hunter named Juliostormbr got them. not sure but he might be the first to get both. Under Pressure Akama US Alliance and he got them at 9:30pm and 10pm CST. it would be cool if he was the first to get them lol

badge vendor is phase 3. it'll take about 4 weeks according to blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by dinmaster
    my guild went in hyjal on tuesday and both fist weapons to dropped, the main and off hand. a hunter named Juliostormbr got them. not sure but he might be the first to get both. Under Pressure Akama US Alliance and he got them at 9:30pm and 10pm CST. it would be cool if he was the first to get them lol
    A... melee hunter?

well thats the thing, no one wanted them lol. we were doing waves and it dropped away from the ml so everyone passed on it and at the end of the wave he looted it /sigh, and when the second one dropped we just gave it to him.

but both dropped in the same night, i think the drop rate is pretty good on them unless we got extremely lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykhe
    The badge vendor only spawns in phase 3. Phase 2 is the sanctum, phase 3 the armory.
    What? the armory is phase 3? as in, having the armory unlocked is phase three? I guess we're talking about phases in different ways then. I was talking about phases as the run up to unlocking the things, IE unlocking the sanctum=phase 1, unlocking the armory=phase 2, etc etc. Maybe I'm just crazy for thinking that way?