Poll: Do you like this bug??

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5-man Premades Only

I used to talk down to people who complained about seeing a lot of premades in BG but since we've been only allowed to do 5-man premades in 2.4 I have been having a blast doing PUGs.

Now that I'm a lot more of a casual player, I rarely have time to ask around for premades and usually I only have time for one or two games. With the bug I can play now and actually win games! Of course I see 5-man premades but they can only do so much and if the group sends extra players to deal with them it can be handled.

I noticed that for once I can just queue up in the BG that I want to play instead of having to queue up 3 and change to something shitty like WSG just to avoid a Premade. Also the 5-mans are more fun and challenging if you want to dominate a BG (5cap ab, 4cap eots, etc).

Anyone else having more fun now?

Re: 5-man Premades Only

Still able to Kick ass in BG, but not able to totally lame-ass people

I think it's fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Couldn't agree more Brendavo.

Though one could argue that not everyone plays for marks, it doesn't change the fact that puggers remain largely unaffected by this change but premades got kicked in the nuts, hard...

Premades who queue only to farm honour for their arena gear are fucktards and I hope long queues deter them. People who want competitive games I hope are more willing to wait out the queues.

Having said that, I do think Blizzard keeps battlegroups artificially small so they can save on server technology costs. More servers per battlegroup would mean more premades in the queues and shorter waiting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendavo
    How can the Queue separate a "fucktard" honor farming premade and a elite premade who want to PvP vs another elite premade??? under current circumstances its imposible. No honor farming premade and FOR SURE no elite premade will wait 30-50min for ONE bg... and the elite wont risk to waste so much time and hope that they meet a good premade...

There is no such thing as "if u wanna play vs a premade ull have to wait the queue"... its bullshit. Would u wait 50min in a premade and have like 10% chance to meet a good premade after those 50min? i dont think so...
    I think the chances of coming up against another "elite" premade would be higher... simply because all the 'fucktards' and 'nubs' are all about the quick honor and wouldn't wait more than 5 mins to get in, whereas a group of elites lookin to fuck shit up could careless about the wait, they don't need the honor. It suck's, but until more people start making premades the queues will be sad... and besides, pugging is actually fun again!

If you want to meet another elite 15 man premade and have to wait 50 minutes then clearly there are very few elite 15 man premades online to face. This circumstance is not caused by the changes to the matching system, just by the fact that no-one wants to do premade AB/WSG/EoTs anymore.

So I appreciate that you want to meet other premades of equal skill/gear (I would too) but loosening the matchmaking system is not going to help you. You would just end up steamrolling PuGs again.

I like the change because it hurts those premades who form only so they can steamroll PuGs. The only way I can see that Blizzard could help premades who want to face other premades is by widening the battlegroups and thus increasing the number of premades in the queues. However since I imagine this would require them to invest in more powerful servers and change their already established battlegroups I don't think its gonna happen soon.

I was doing 15 man premade on Saturday on the Ruin Battlegroup, the time was about 2-3 minutes.

premades arn't elite pvpers - they are ppl who can't win in a pug. they are ppl who cry when they dont' have heals or everyone doing everything the way they want it (look up at some posts see if you can guess who these ppl are)

elitists make me sick - its a game, pugs are apart of the game, the random players who have never done pvp are part of the game. This is not world of elite pvpers.

i never cried when i got pwned a million times by premades. so stop crying now that you can't get your easy honor against pugs or the other trade channel premade.

my point ? its a game - your not making it or changing it so learn to deal with it.

Deleted

So ... what would be so hard for Blizz to change so that if you enter as premade then it matches you against another premade.

Enter as PuG and it matches you against PuG.

Would seem the most obvious way to balance these things tbh.

I totally agree with Brendavo... Blizz has fucked it up for those of you who PvP reguarlly. As i am a part of a PvP guild we often used to premade every night but now we cant. 5 man premade just fail.

For everyone who agrees please come moan on Blizz forums http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....sid=1&pageNo=8

Quote Originally Posted by beano
    I totally agree with Brendavo... Blizz has fucked it up for those of you who PvP reguarlly. As i am a part of a PvP guild we often used to premade every night but now we cant. 5 man premade just fail.

For everyone who agrees please come moan on Blizz forums http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....sid=1&pageNo=8
    =( My pvp guild was in an AB queue for 53 mins last night...and only 10 of us at that. 3 people didnt want to continue to wait so they logged and we got in as soon as they "dropped" their queues.

=\ Why nerf the only fun I have in WoW now?

tbh, this change may push me to quit wow.

15+ Year Old Account

I liked 10 man WSG better.. being totally dominating in BG = awesome.

Haven't had any trouble winning WSG within 10 mins yet though, so i guess it's not a huge "nerf?". I really hope to see 10 man WSGs soon. gief.
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - Dr. Gregory House

Being someone that almost exclusively pvps and is fairly skilled at it, I honestly have to say I don't mind the premade nerf at all.

If you're an elite pvp player, then by this time in the game you won't have any need to run battlegrounds. You'll be fully gearded in S3 and would have honor saved up for next season.
    If you're joining some premades just to roll some pug players for fun, well, then I guess that's your perogative and the wait shouldn't bother you too much.

Honor is easy enough to gain as it is and I think it would be unfair if you were not only able to roll pugs for massive amounts of honor but then turn in all your marks for honor too.
    I'm still rolling pugs with good 5 man groups. 10-15 min games are more than fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ResiduaL
    Being someone that almost exclusively pvps and is fairly skilled at it, I honestly have to say I don't mind the premade nerf at all.

If you're an elite pvp player, then by this time in the game you won't have any need to run battlegrounds. You'll be fully gearded in S3 and would have honor saved up for next season.
    If you're joining some premades just to roll some pug players for fun, well, then I guess that's your perogative and the wait shouldn't bother you too much.

Honor is easy enough to gain as it is and I think it would be unfair if you were not only able to roll pugs for massive amounts of honor but then turn in all your marks for honor too.
    I'm still rolling pugs with good 5 man groups. 10-15 min games are more than fine with me.
    but now you call only Arena pvp while many people like doing bg's / premades, i have to say, i join bg's with 4 very much but that doesnt mean i dont want to do a full premade wich i lead most of the times, not many other people at my realm do that, i get whispers every weekend if i wanna make a premade and like to do it.
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

I think a reasonable solution would be faster queue times of premade vs. premade and an increased honor gain for these games to make them more appealing.

Unfortunately, there's just too many people in favor of not having premade vs. pug anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ResiduaL
    I think a reasonable solution would be faster queue times of premade vs. premade and an increased honor gain for these games to make them more appealing.

Unfortunately, there's just too many people in favor of not having premade vs. pug anymore.
    I don't get it.The queue times for premade vs premade are high because there are few premades actually queuing. How would you make the queue times faster except by altering the battlegroups?

The only people who are in favour of premade vs PuG are honour farming nitwits who would run at the site of a real challenge.

You "elite pvpers" (that term makes me laugh) have arena which you dominate.
    Battlegrounds are great way for us casuals to relax be it against full s3 gamers or full s1 gamers, facing well-organized premade with group of 8 warriors in it for example is just unfair.
    That's why premades get to play only against premades, if it makes you so sad then quit. I don't think anyone cares about people who call themselves "elite pvpers" while they need premade to win. 5man group is enough to get your 5v5 arena team or bunch of friends in same BG, it should be enough. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Depress
    You "elite pvpers" (that term makes me laugh) have arena which you dominate.
    Battlegrounds are great way for us casuals to relax be it against full s3 gamers or full s1 gamers, facing well-organized premade with group of 8 warriors in it for example is just unfair.
    That's why premades get to play only against premades, if it makes you so sad then quit. I don't think anyone cares about people who call themselves "elite pvpers" while they need premade to win. 5man group is enough to get your 5v5 arena team or bunch of friends in same BG, it should be enough. Get over it.
    Should be enough? What if there are more then 5 friends, are you saying that they shouldn't play together? Some do it just because the other players just ruin the game for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    Im a she tho, not that it matters just that.. Yeah, i dont have a thingie!

It's really not a question of being able to win or not. Playing with 14 other people who most likely know nothing about pvp, make about a zillion mistakes, and frequently just go get HKs at Farm/Flag/Middle immensely detracts from my fun playing the game. I like playing with skilled, serious people who know what they're doing. Is that so bad? Can you understand that it's not fun to lose because others suck, no matter how well you play?
    If Blizzard wants to change things so premades play more premades, that's fine with me. Doing it this way is retarded. Due to the long queue times, nobody makes premades anymore, which makes the queue times for premades even longer. If they instead promoted the use of premades, and would make it so that they would queue versus a premade if available, premades would get more popular, which would make premades face more other premades. Blizzard needs to think of the results more before changing things so dramatically. This counts for many other changes as well.

First off, why do ppl feel the need to flame those who have a different opinion? pretty much every post contains a flame...respect ppl, respect.

now about the premade situation. i am the GL of Edge, the best pvp guild on Thunderhorn. We started off as a grp of friends but quickly gained in numbers. we dont pvp to steamroll pugs, we pvp cause we dont have the time (or just dont like) to raid. PVP makes it interesting...you never know what the horde is gonna do. instances are scripted and eventually, you can predict the fight. pvp is the way to go!

now alot of you are probably saying "yea right...you guys just want to steamroll and farm honor." not true...our standards are pretty high to even become a member (basically, you need all vet/vin gear and S2/S3 gear) and is constantly moving up with the new seasons. Edge is a place for skilled PVPers to GO...not to become one. as i said, we pvp cause it provides and different challenge every game and its fun to overcome that challenge with friends!

So, i dont mind the Q system to set up pre vs pre...thats the best type of battle there is. what DOES bother me is having to wait 45min-60min+ to do it. pug v pug is great, pre v pre is great...but we should not have to wait crazy long times cause we decided to BG together instead of solo. the Q times are like they were Pre cross-realms...wasnt that the point of crossing over the realms to begin with? high Q times?

The Q times have got to go, they are unacceptable. keep it pre v pre, fine by us...but just not at 1 game an hour, especially when after waiting so long we face a pug anway and last i checked, whether you win or lose you still get marks and still get honor. maybe not as much as winning...but you still get something. and just because YOU maybe be capped out doesnt mean that a guildy might not be. why dont you help them out once in awhile

Isorin
    GL of Edge
    Thunderhorn

ps. Edge is not in the business of Q dodging premades. we have been known, however, to dodge a pug in WSG in hopes of getting a pre in AB.
    --Resist, Unlearn, Defy--