Deathfrost viable as a PVP enchant for casters?

http://thottbot.com/s46578

Lookin at this, it could actually be a really decent enchant for mages.

For example, if the proc can trigger from Molten armor <> not only will your armor do damage, have a 10% chance to stun with impact, but also a chance to reduce the attackers melee, ranged, and casting speed by 15% for 8 sec. Combine that with the new molten shields, and this can proc on spell casts against you too.

There is also the consideration if the spell crits, and if so, will it gain bonus's from a mages frost talents.

The mats seem absurdly cheap however, so im starting to think the proc rate will be very small

All casters ever get is +40 damage, im hoping this doesnt turn out to be another dead end.

Cheerz
    Dwayne

Re: Deathfrost viable as a PVP enchant for casters?

no

Doubtful. 40 spelldamage is a lot

Molten armor in pvp? Ice armor 24/7man. I mean if its a caster class quick switch to molten otherwise ice armor for melee bc it procs frostbite. It sounds like your fire though if you have the 10% proc, in which case you should prob respec man.

Sounds interesting.

I'd probably give it a go. I'm sick of the crappy 40 spell dmg. I'd rather something with a chance-on-hit effect.

I agree that there aren't enough enchant options for dps casters. Just crappy +dmg ones.

Blizzard loves melee in arena. Plain and simple. I can't imagine it's a good choice of enchant for a mage, though. Too many long spell casts for it to be that effective.

As a warlock...I figure I can cast enough spells to keep the proc on my targets 50-75% of the time. That, combined with Curse of Tongues, should be interesting on casters. Can't say I know whether it stacks, but it better.

Not to mention...with the amount of white damage melee is dealing these days, I can't see a reason not to slow their attack speed against me (*sigh* at PvP warlock tanks). If I can't move to cast anything but a DoT, at least I can attempt to slow down their damage output. Finally...something a warlock can use to starve a warrior's rage bar.

I've noticed that gimping my damage significantly for stam/resil has not effected my ability to burn down a target much. I can sacrifice another 40 more for this, I think. Still puts me over 1,100 spell damage, 483 resil, and 13,900hp self-buffed! (like my stats matter against melee in PvE gear anyway, lol...QQ Gladiator warlock, QQ)

I hope your kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Batlhazar
    http://thottbot.com/s46578

Lookin at this, it could actually be a really decent enchant for mages.
    i would have said maybe a warlock who is dotting everything up, or possibly and ele sham, but a mage definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    Sounds interesting.

I'd probably give it a go. I'm sick of the crappy 40 spell dmg. I'd rather something with a chance-on-hit effect.

I agree that there aren't enough enchant options for dps casters. Just crappy +dmg ones.
    It doesnt matter if there is a 100 different enchants, it only matters which is the best.