Blue posts, UICentral, Penny-Arcade, Comics

Epics replaced by Greens in WotLK
    Items in WotLK will be powerful enough to fill the gap between high-end raiders and new players who want to join them once they're level 80, however the difference shouldn't be as big as what we saw between BC and WoW Classic because it looks like Blizzard doesn't plan to change any major stat like what they did with Stamina.
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    One of the goals in expansions is to level the playing field a bit for players and we like providing extra opportunities for players who (just as an example) want to get to high-end content but are currently far behind on things.

Keep in mind that the availability of higher level items is greater than it was before the launch of The Burning Crusade.

There was also a change in how much Stamina items got when The Burning Crusade came out and the new items should maintain the consistency they have now and not jump up a huge margin. (Source)

Arena Tournament Blue posts
    The Arena Tournament is quite popular, and CMs are trying to communicate as much as possible on the issues affecting the realms here.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Unusually long queue time fixed
    It wasn't a hardware issue, just a setting in the code, which we found and fixed very early this morning. We'll monitor the queues throughout the day to see if we need to make further adjustments. (Source)

Win-trading on the Arena Tournament Realm
    If you think a team is win-trading, please report it to our GM staff by using the in-game reporting button (the red question mark on the bottom center-left of your UI). (Source)

Activation time for canadian players suscribing by sending an essay
    We will be reading the essays and flagging eligible accounts on a weekly basis. So it just depends when we receive your essay. Check the email address associated with your account for notification on when you are flagged. (Source)

UICentral discontinued
    According to a post on worldofwar.net, UICentral has been discontinued and if you're one of the many players using it you should consider uninstalling the software. Below is the explanation posted by the admins on the site.

Post by Rushster
    A heads-up to UIC users. UICentral, as created by site member Amthea, has been pulled from the site as it has come to light that there was a copyright infringment inside the application code. An unlicensed key was utilised to create a part of the application, and so to act responsibly, and protect the party invovled, we have pulled the file from the website.

We are dissapointed that this has occured but at the same time pleased that this has been brought to our attention as we do not condone such practices.

With this in mind we are looking to create our own application in-house so that this can not occur in the future. Work will begin immediatly on the new application for mod updating. Thanks to everyone for being so patient while we investigated and checked through everything. We'll update you soon.

Post by ChaosInc
    In a nutshell, he used a cracked version of a Java app and got caught. In turn, they threatened to take "legal action" against the site unless it was pulled. Needless to say, however, we would've pulled it anyways.

What does this mean? It means UIC is no longer available IN ANY FORM from this point forward. But as Rush has stated we plan to have another application designed from the ground up without the worry of some piss-ant lawyer breathing down our necks about "distributing applications without checking first that the program used was a legit copy. Ignorance of proper licensing is NO EXCUSE!". Honestly, how the hell are we supposed to check that crap anyways? Ask 'em? Psh....

So as per their "legal request", we'd also like to ask anyone who has dl'd UIC in ANY form to please remove it from their comp. Of course, we can't check this, but apparently they think we can. Next they'll be asking for everyone IP that's dl'd it. But no worries, that's what we call "invasion of privacy", so everyone who's gonna start fretting about that can relax.

Rush has sent a personal apology on the matter and we have met their requests on the matter to avoid "legal action". As of this point, we should be left alone and we can get back to work on important things, like deciding who's buying the next round of Poptarts!

Penny-Arcade.com contest
    Penny-Arcade.com is running a contest in partnership with Blizzard and Upper Deck Entertainment, see below.

We rarely do contests, but this seemed like a good time, and we knew the right people. Between Blizzard and Upper Deck, they have unloaded a truly revolting amount of merchandise on us, and we'll be passing this largesse over to the readership in a frictionless manner: three piles of stuff so gigantic that you will quite literally never need to purchase another card. You will, of course, because you won't be able to help it. Even so, you won't need to: four boxes of boosters, tournament playmats, a Winterveil collector's box, deckboxes, sleeves, two binders, three raid decks, three starter decks, and one of these awesome dice chest things. Each of these sets also includes an [item=35226], an ultra-rare card that can be redeemed in-game for a custom flying mount. These custom mounts can go for up to two thousand dollars online, so each one of them - on its own - would be sufficient to build a contest around. I don't know that I've ever seen a contest like this. It's completely ridiculous.

Securing these mounds of treasure is simple, but not effortless: you must write a short story, set in World of Warcraft, and this story must be precisely
    HTML Code:
    [url="gabriel@penny-arcade.com?Subject=Ten Words."][b]ten words</b/>[/url]
    long. Then, you must mail your story to
    HTML Code:
    [url="gabriel@penny-arcade.com?Subject=Ten Words."][b]Gabriel</b/>[/url]
    , with the subject line "Ten Words." This contest is easy and fun. At least, for me! But Gabriel has told me that I cannot win, so you've got a shot. Something along these lines, maybe:

His father's sword, shattered to the hilt, fell like stars.

It doesn't have to be especially epic, it merely needs to ring true. For example:

"Help," he cried. "My dick is stuck in this Treant!"

See what I mean? It paints a picture. You know everything you need to know about the dick and the Treant. You've got until Thursday, the 10th of April. We'll announce the winners next Friday.

Comics
    A new comic has been added to the official site , I'm sure hunters will enjoy it.

Re: Blue posts, UICentral, Penny-Arcade, Comics

so T6 will rule a bit?)

So from this I can guess WotLK gear will only give a minor stam boost (most likely 8-9k on dinging 80) and maybe a bit of spell damage (probably 800ish when you hit 80).

i still have funny thoughts of how much hitpoints and migitation a full epic-geared level 80 tank will have

Maaan...
    I had 5K HP at 60, 12K HP at 70, so give me double that again:
    24K HP in PvP gear! O_O DO WANT! lol

Obligatory: OH NOE! MAH EPIKS WILL BE REPLACED?!

They destroyed the itemization with TBC, and WotLk will continue it.

Though from what it seems, the itemization destruction will be much less pronounced, sine the stats aren't chnging around any time soon. And that besides, remember the first Chinese Illidan kill? That was a LOT of T3.

on to the PA contest, STOP ADVERTISING IT! I hate competition >=(

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    Maaan...
    I had 5K HP at 60, 12K HP at 70, so give me double that again:
    24K HP in PvP gear! O_O DO WANT! lol

Obligatory: OH NOE! MAH EPIKS WILL BE REPLACED?!
    Your HP will not boost that much with WotLK. The only reason your HP jumped so much for TBC was due to stamina being in much larger amounts on gear due to it now costing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Yasuhiko
    Though from what it seems, the itemization destruction will be much less pronounced, sine the stats aren't chnging around any time soon. And that besides, remember the first Chinese Illidan kill? That was a LOT of T3.

on to the PA contest, STOP ADVERTISING IT! I hate competition >=(
    They did not beat Illidan with that much T3. While they were wearing some still for the kill they put the full sets on for only the screenshot.

Oh, I know they put the sets on for the killshot, but I still consider it a lot of T3 as an alternative to the everything else out there.

I'm please about the greens and epics in WotLK

Well, that can simply mean that your T6 warrior (or maybe brutal gladiator warrior?) can raid Arthas. ;D
    That's probably why we have so much "free" epics ingame at this point.

My guess would be:
    Players with greens and low level blues will replace items as soon as they hit Northrend
    Players with level 70 blues will replace items from the first instanes
    Players with T4 will replace their gear with level 75-80 blues
    Players with T5 will replace their gear in the first 10-man
    Players with T6/Sunwell gear will be able to go straight in the first 25man.

PS: you'll probally see all new raid instances cleared by guilds still wearing full T6 gear !

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzlestick
    My guess would be:
    Players with greens and low level blues will replace items as soon as they hit Northrend
    Sounds about right to me.

My guess would be:

PS: you'll probally see all new raid instances cleared by guilds still wearing full T6 gear !
    How about PvP gear for questing/grinding to 80?

My guess would be:

IMO, you have the first two points right, but the Tier sets.. I dont think they will last all that long. T6/Sunwell gear maybe, but T4 would be replaced by 73 - 75 blues easy, with T5 probally lasting to level 80 blues at most.
    Draconicfire: Level 70 Destruction Warlock
    Draconictank: Level 70 Protection Warrior
    Draconicseal: Level 70 Holy Paladin

WRONG... we will see Naxxramass cleared by guilds still wearing t6 gear... probably not anything 100% new will be able reachable without first finding upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Maeven
    WRONG... we will see Naxxramass cleared by guilds still wearing t6 gear... probably not anything 100% new will be able reachable without first finding upgrades
    You are making the assumption that Naxx is the First new 25 man instance. Chances are, it is not. Yes people will hang on to T6 gear, but mainly because of set bonuses and so on.

Another point to make, is that if people are not going to get much more stamina, then people arn't going to be doing much more damage. Good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfury
    You are making the assumption that Naxx is the First new 25 man instance. Chances are, it is not. Yes people will hang on to T6 gear, but mainly because of set bonuses and so on.
    It has been said and confirmed by Blizzard many times that Naxxramas will be first, entry level 25 men raid dungeon that some hardcore guilds might be even able to skip...