Help w/ 49 Shaman twink

I am making a 49 shaman twink and I looked around for some good weapons. but both weapons are a bit fast. I dont know if i should just stick with slower blue/green weapons or get this set.

fast set
    MH http://thottbot.com/i810 2.1speed
    OH http://thottbot.com/i9359 2.3speed

slow set
    MH http://thottbot.com/i13027 2.7speed
    OH http://thottbot.com/i15228 2.8 speed

any comments suggestions ?

also... I am lost to what should i do with enchants. dual mongoose or mongoose/20str or just plain dual 20 str.

again I would love to hear any comments suggestions

Re: Help w/ 49 Shaman twink

Get a Kang the Decapitator.

2Hs are better for this bracket.

Slower weapons have a bigger damage range, obviously better

mongoose is far far far better than potency, at lvl 49 you will get insane amounts of crit coming from this enchant, and you will face people without resilience 8)

Quote Originally Posted by insidelane

btw Kang

http://img3.imagebanana.com/view/gt68jl3g/ws.jpg

when you decide dual wield then with 2.6er speed weapons

Quote Originally Posted by insidelane

Yes kang is better and if you are a orc/troll you better use this. as for taurens i prefer going dual wield .. sincce their racial ablities sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by V3n1im

btw Kang

http://img3.imagebanana.com/view/gt68jl3g/ws.jpg

when you decide dual wield then with 2.6er speed weapons
    What is your addons name ... the addon package... where you dl it message me

Your slow set is the best there is, I wouldn't even worry about the fast set as you would be gimping yourself with WF procs. As far as 2h goes, its mostly a play style preference, however, i still think dw does better here. BTW, just because Kang is purple does not mean it's as good as everyone says it is. Executioner's Cleaver is every bit as good as Kang, plus a hell of alot cheaper.

I twinked my Shaman in this bracket and used Kang's though Ex. Cleaver and even Soulkeeper are good at this level. IMO, Two-handers are better in this bracket.

However, if you do decide to go one-hander, use the slower weapons. They are FAR superior to those faster ones. Also, I do believe Crusader is the better enchant.

thanks everyone for your repies. I really am looking forward going dual wield right now so it looks like i will stick with my slowmo set.

As for the enchants, dual crusader for 49 bracket??? do you "jaddboy" have any info to back this up... or anyone else that has.

Twinking just sounds so dumb to me, I don't know its like playing it the minor leagues against 4th graders.... Arena is where its at , thats when you really know whether you can own or not.

take the slow set and dont listen to people that say 2h is better. Youll have lots of fun pwning people in bg in 5 sec.

ok so weapons its decided.

now about the enchants i am thinking dual mongoose

Back when i was in the 40's i wanted Pendulum of Doom off ulda so bad. It you ever come by it its a nice wep.

If you wanna try elemental by chance, it can be very successful too. I have a 49 elemental shaman with 404 nature damage.. have chain lightning crit people for 2500+ with it before (with mini zhc from jc running). Can be pretty nice.. cuase you can just grab zerker, use serpent trinket, pop elemental mastery, chain lightning + earthshock and just about any fc dies instantly. Was quite expensive and took a ton of ST runs though, but is quite fun.

EDIT: armory Zladko on Destromath if you wanna see the gear.

Only Rogues should go dual mongoose in the 49. Warriors and Shaman get better returns from crusader. A double proc of crusader is 400 AP, mongoose won't touch that.

Quote Originally Posted by torbert
    If you wanna try elemental by chance, it can be very successful too. I have a 49 elemental shaman with 404 nature damage.. have chain lightning crit people for 2500+ with it before (with mini zhc from jc running). Can be pretty nice.. cuase you can just grab zerker, use serpent trinket, pop elemental mastery, chain lightning + earthshock and just about any fc dies instantly. Was quite expensive and took a ton of ST runs though, but is quite fun.

EDIT: armory Zladko on Destromath if you wanna see the gear.
    haha nice dude. i looked at ur gear and dam you put too much time in it. i can totally see some wicked dmg done. way too many of nature's wrath. thanks for the share

for dual wield MH: Ex. OF: Mongoose :P

or 2x crusader :>

Quote Originally Posted by Celia
    Only Rogues should go dual mongoose in the 49. Warriors and Shaman get better returns from crusader. A double proc of crusader is 400 AP, mongoose won't touch that.
    I couldn't agree more. 400 AP when it's up, is simply death to anyone at that level. Plus the heals are very nice too. There will be times where that will save you.

i played my 49 uberly twinked shaman about half a year befor lvling him to 70. I can say, 2h IS the best dmg. I tested it very carefully, executioners cleaver vs 2x 2.6, and the dmg output on 2h is higher. With dualwielding you often get the killing blow becuase you have bigger change on that last hit, but 2h is superior for 1v1. You can 1 shot clothies and non-twinked leather wearers very easy. Dualwield is more steady dmg, 2h is massive burst dmg, and since there is no resilience, I would realy advise you to get 2h. Kang and Exectioners cleaver are even. Cleaver which has 20str gives same top dmg as khang.