Thread: AoC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: AoC

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang

That's why I liked the visuals of WoW. Bright, colourful and very artistic. I mean the areas like Nagrand, Blades Edge, Netherstorm etc look so much more interesting than stupid generic green fields and medieval buildings.
    Thats only because you know nothing about making 3d graphic. WoW is so simple its a joke, its large objects with cheesy textures, thats also why you can run it on an outdated machine. Nagrand is basically a green field, its nice and welcoming. But dont tell me that the start area of undeads is colorful and very artistic.

WoW graphic is outdated and simple, on purpose. Meaning more players, leading to more profit.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Trollpatrol
    Isn't that what hamstring implies? :O
    yes. but that was not what i meant.
    if you think the idea of "manually dodging/parrying/..." further, you could also introduce some (probably weird to realize) new way of controlling your char wielding the weapon, so "cut hamstring" wouldn't be an ability that you can click on, but rather, you would have to guide your sword towards your enemy's hamstring, with a swing that wouldn't be on another button then a normal swing. e.g., if you hit the enemy's shield arm, he would've it harder to block, or if you cut his hamstring, he would be slowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    yes. but that was not what i meant.
    if you think the idea of "manually dodging/parrying/..." further, you could also introduce some (probably weird to realize) new way of controlling your char wielding the weapon, so "cut hamstring" wouldn't be an ability that you can click on, but rather, you would have to guide your sword towards your enemy's hamstring, with a swing that wouldn't be on another button then a normal swing. e.g., if you hit the enemy's shield arm, he would've it harder to block, or if you cut his hamstring, he would be slowed.
    Ok, yes. But how does this combat evolve at all? You swing -> your oponent parries. He swings -> you dodge. You swing -> he blockes. He swings -> you cast a protective spell. You swing....
    Reminds me of paladin fights pre-BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidee
    Thats only because you know nothing about making 3d graphic. WoW is so simple its a joke, its large objects with cheesy textures, thats also why you can run it on an outdated machine. Nagrand is basically a green field, its nice and welcoming. But dont tell me that the start area of undeads is colorful and very artistic.

WoW graphic is outdated and simple, on purpose. Meaning more players, leading to more profit.
    Gameplay > Graphics...
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

massive fail on wow gameplay atm anyway :f

daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, idle in some city :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Heruwar
    massive fail on wow gameplay atm anyway :f

daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, daily quest, idle in some city :-X
    That's when your guildless, friendless and pretty much lifeless.
    So just go /emo in any other game. We don't mind the loss. :]

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    That's when your guildless, friendless and pretty much lifeless.
    So just go /emo in any other game. We don't mind the loss. :]
    Hoho, you're a smart one.

Or it's when you've already got pretty much all the gear you want through the shitty welfare epic system and you just play the game to talk with like.. friends..?

go an hero imo

""

Quote Originally Posted by Heruwar
    Hoho, you're a smart one.

Or it's when you've already got pretty much all the gear you want through the shitty welfare epic system and you just play the game to talk with like.. friends..?

go an hero imo

""
    So why complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorold
    Gameplay > Graphics...
    ^