Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

+1 Reply =100 comments

Quote Originally Posted by kittynipples
    The Death Knight is supposedly a "hero class." Heroes are out slaying dragons, not screwing around in gladiator combat. They can totally suck at PvP for all I care.
    There are no heroes in wow except for the comics.

Deleted

It's how you season 1 geared people think you deserve to get season 4 gear instandly.

We all started in s1 gear, than upgraded to s2 etc. So you might just need to pay arena points for season 3 gear before you get you greedy hands on season 4 instandly.

I don't think this rating change is gonne change much either, skill wise everything simply moves up, what 2k is atm will be 2.2k in season 4 etc.

Just my 2 cents.

can just speak for myself. I am quite casual, though I got a full pvp set consisting of S3 and some S1. up til now I have felt that I could actually struggle with arena, trying to improve, since 1850 rating and 2000 rating is actually achievable. if you don't play this game every night it's pretty hard to reach the higher ratings, and 1850 and 2000 can be very hard for most of us. up til now I felt that I some day might be able to get to 1850 to buy a top weapon. let's say rating req for weapon has been raised to 2050, I really feel all hope is gone for me, since I don't have more time to put into this game. the result will probably be to stop playing arena, since it just won't be any fun with nothing to struggle for.
    to sum up, Blizzard pretty much removed most of the fun with arena for me.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bulten
    can just speak for myself. I am quite casual, though I got a full pvp set consisting of S3 and some S1. up til now I have felt that I could actually struggle with arena, trying to improve, since 1850 rating and 2000 rating is actually achievable. if you don't play this game every night it's pretty hard to reach the higher ratings, and 1850 and 2000 can be very hard for most of us. up til now I felt that I some day might be able to get to 1850 to buy a top weapon. let's say rating req for weapon has been raised to 2050, I really feel all hope is gone for me, since I don't have more time to put into this game. the result will probably be to stop playing arena, since it just won't be any fun with nothing to struggle for.
    to sum up, Blizzard pretty much removed most of the fun with arena for me.
    Don't you just think that the most teams you strugle with atm will be on a higher rating aswell? Couse i think that everythnig simply moves up a notch (rating wise) and this change only results into everyone getting more arena points.

They really need to make the rating requirements differ per bracket.

Getting 2200 on a normal battlegroup in 2v2 with a strong combo is doable.

Doing so in 5v5 is very different, where the top rated teams are often 300-400 points short of the top 2v2 rated teams.

Better still they would evaluate the actual distribution of teams and ratings in each bracket on each Battlegroup and have the rating be the top X%, changing dynamically and recalculated every day (with a minimum lower bound so the formula didn't break on a season restart obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Untriel
    Don't you just think that the most teams you strugle with atm will be on a higher rating aswell? Couse i think that everythnig simply moves up a notch (rating wise) and this change only results into everyone getting more arena points.
    this is not the case at all, and you do not seem to understand how the rating system works. this would only be the case if newly created teams would get a team rating of 1700 instead of 1500. as this is not how it is, we will have exactly the same situation that we have now, and simplified, it means that the amount of teams that can be at high ratings is dependent on the total amount of teams playing in a specific bracket in that battlegroup. for every rating point gained by a team, another team has to loose the same amount of points. the direct effect of raising the rating requirements is that fewer people will have access to the items, which seems to be what Blizzard is intending.