Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Impossible to balance arena...

From reading and just being apart of the arena system since season 1, there has allwayse been an imbalanced team. The most noticed is a druid/warrior. 260% of the 2v2... now that is rediculous. I think their will never be a balanced arena.

Thoughts?

Re: Impossible to balance arena...

Of course not, it's too much factors that would need to be "balanced".

Balance would be that there is only 1 class. That way all players have them chance of winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag
    botting is a exploit/cheat, don't do that! or else kickboxing nagas will kill you. and your familie and if you had freinds they would die too. maybe they will kill your guildmates or F-list. dunno much about those nagafreaks.
    Hell yeah.

Yep, impossible indeed. And it's good that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Yep, impossible indeed. And it's good that it is.
    Well said.

I would go even further and say it's impossible to balance an MMO. And I'll never understand why people want it so bad.

I've beaten many druid + warrior teams as a destruction warlock with a MS warrior friend in 2vs2 , not that OP if you know how to play

People should really learn how to play their classes. Every time someone says that a certain spec or class can't get high ratings, there seems to be people proving that wrong. Arenas are balanced, just learn to play your class and spec better.

I already know that I'm going to hear about Druids, Warriors and rogues. Yes a lot of people play them, but seriously how long are most of you going to use the excuse of them being OP? L2P

Who gives a crap, arena is gay anyway...whoever thinks chasing a druid around a pole for 10 minutes at a time fun is a freaking retard...

Remove all obstructions from arena, then we'll see who knows how to play their class...until then, arena will be stupid and a waste of time...

Quote Originally Posted by DressdtoKill
    Who gives a crap, arena is gay anyway...whoever thinks chasing a druid around a pole for 10 minutes at a time fun is a freaking retard...

Remove all obstructions from arena, then we'll see who knows how to play their class...until then, arena will be stupid and a waste of time...
    Pillars does show who knows how to play their class.

No obstacles = huge advantage for classes such as hunters.

You have extremely flawed logic.

yep arena without obstacles would be crazy :-\
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

It would be cool but kinda gay even tho I'am a warrior so I would love it LoL

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    yep arena without obstacles would be crazy :-\

Player vs. Pillar is what arenas are founded on.

Hunters/Mages/Locks would just nuke people endlessly. Leaving no hope for some classes.

What i think should happen is all pillars be made either completely 4 sided so they can only break LOS at the corners, or 32/64 sided so its closer to a real circle and less LOS breaks.

There was a blue posts months ago about them knowing 2v2 is unbalanced and admitting they cant/wont fix it.

MMOs are founded on ROCK/PAPER/SCISSOR mechanics, if you havent learned that by now im sorry.

Really the best way to balance arenas esp 2v2 is to improve the net code. I cant count the number of times ive been fear/cycloned/sheeped/rooted/CC'd by trying to break LOS and i end up on CC'd around a corner or what not. By the same token ive been on the up side of that situation too.
    Woox - Rogue

Violer - Paladin (ALT) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Cascah

Its ok to have unbalanced classes. But its not ok to have ruleset that takes direct advanctage of that unbalance. So ... how to fix ? Easy - You stop giving out items to unbalanced content and create ruleset that increases the overall balance in an entire MMO game.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetskeet
    People should really learn how to play their classes. Every time someone says that a certain spec or class can't get high ratings, there seems to be people proving that wrong. Arenas are balanced, just learn to play your class and spec better.

I already know that I'm going to hear about Druids, Warriors and rogues. Yes a lot of people play them, but seriously how long are most of you going to use the excuse of them being OP? L2P
    rly retarded post, yeah it is psble to play this "broken" speccs to high rating, but it aint fun becuase the most speccs that are lacking alot of stuff vs the popular arena setups. playing a specc and have the feeling that something else would have done your job so much easier and better aint fun at all, yeah i know arena cant be balanced and never will, but alot of speccs are broken and blizzard forces the most classen in to one pvp specc and it sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Its ok to have unbalanced classes. But its not ok to have ruleset that takes direct advanctage of that unbalance. So ... how to fix ? Easy - You stop giving out items to unbalanced content and create ruleset that increases the overall balance in an entire MMO game.
    lolwut?

"but alot of speccs are broken and blizzard forces the most classen in to one pvp specc and it sucks!"

No spec is broken, some just dont work for arenas. Forced specs were around since preBC.

Woox - Rogue

Violer - Paladin (ALT) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Cascah

Quote Originally Posted by infiskik

MMOs are founded on ROCK/PAPER/SCISSOR mechanics, if you havent learned that by now im sorry.

thats not true, if it would be rock/paper/scissors, way less ppl would whine, but since 2v2 are really only about druid + rogue/warr/lock, its not R/P/S if classes like mage, paladin or shaman stand a chancein any way vs that team, right?

I think the best this about arena is its mainly skill based. so even if you were fighting lvl 71 druid and warrior that were only 8 year olds im sure 2 holy priests could win.

I can understand that there might be some classes that are easier to get good at and play well, but I even have fun when im loosing, for me its about the fighting and learning, not the point(different story for my QQ rogue mate though, lol)

Keep in unbalanced, so when you beat a tough team you can laugh at them and spit on there corpses!!!

Druids arnt the only teams in the top, im sick of hearing that. Ive done just fine each season as mage/rogue. Pretty much only people that cant/wont get 1850/2000 complain. I hope every match i get as mage rogue is war/druid, that comp is easy as hell.
    Woox - Rogue

Yes it is truly impossible for certain classes/specs to ever gain any true foothold in arena, i.e.(shadow priest, fire mage, enhance/elemental shaman, ret pally, feral/balance druids, all tanking specs seeing as they are for raiding purposes, and non beast master hunters). Now my main is an enhance shaman; I love pvp i made him specifically for that purpose but, preBC when the original honor system was in place and teams didnt truly matter unless in a premade match but that was straight communication against 10+ opponents running around trying to accomplish an objective to win the match. For all those who remember this system it was horrid to anyone unable to be on at least an hour a day to keep your title up, hurting casual players who wanted to play pvp; so they whined leaving us with honor gained is currency for such things as "welfare epics".

Arena has lost that true glory of being High Warlord/Grand Marshal with looks of the limited classes that are truly viable in arena but, those classes who decimated their opponents in BG's back in the day are now forced to degrade themselves to respecing to the viable specs of their class or remain their specs and barely make ends meat for points each week to enjoy what used to be only pvp specs and BG games of large teams clashing. Now arena suits those classes who on their own could have never achieved the old pvp system's titles and gear but, I have now started on a druid to get the S3 gear and up because my shaman is considered "welfare" by the community cause I don't know how to play my class or because I hold onto the feudal hope that my enhance shaman still rocks in BGs yet arena only counts leaving him to slowly rot as my druid passes him. Obviously there are exceptions to what I have stated for each class/spec but, sadly as we can all see on the mountains of data that the truly OP classes have remained and the ones changed from preBC pvp gods have now become raid specs which I did not make him for.

Balance..... what is this to a pvp system based solely on arena for those few specs/classes? Nothing for what we are seeing Blizzard do to these classes is saddening but apart of the game and we must play with it but, what if we could let's say merge both systems to a new better system for those of us who are hardcore pvpers. Reestablishing the old system for the hardcore pvper with "gimp" specc/class with just as much difficultly as before with the same gear as arena but of course change the color of the gear so everyone knows where you stand in the pvp system; an Arena Junkie with 2200+ rating or the BG Fanatic who is on 5+ hours a day just to get the pvp gear that person wants and still keep the points made are the points spent system. The idea of welfare would I be it changed slightly for the better but we still do have people in greens that would sadly be lambs to the slaughter for those in at least S2 and up but those individuals play only a couple hours maybe every week do to actual lives. But after a certain time they will give up their attempt at achieving the High Warlord/Grand Marshal gear after receiving their S1 or soon to be S2 if speculations are confirmed and leave the true pvp fanatics alone weeding out the welfare individuals; now I understand there are a constant flow of welfare people but with time it would balance in BG's.

Now I understand there are still many problems with this proposal but this was just an idea floating around in my head and wanted to see how people would react to such an idea; just remember it is just a game and this is only a thought it is not anywhere true so don't be offended by it thank you for reading this rather arduous post.

dont QQ about warrior/druid. Sure a mace warrior can stun healers to death and sword warriors kill the dps so easily. You just need to think of strats or new combo to do it. Since theres so many if you can get a combo and start down to beat them you get high easily.

I'm currently doing disc priest/lock and its fun and we go 50/50 atm with war/druid cuz we just started playing together and the priest isn't that pro and geared :P

Quote Originally Posted by Päff
    rly retarded post, yeah it is psble to play this "broken" speccs to high rating, but it aint fun becuase the most speccs that are lacking alot of stuff vs the popular arena setups. playing a specc and have the feeling that something else would have done your job so much easier and better aint fun at all, yeah i know arena cant be balanced and never will, but alot of speccs are broken and blizzard forces the most classen in to one pvp specc and it sucks!
    Aw let me guess you have a 1300 rating. L2P your class and spec better. And arena shouldn't be easy, learn to adjust your play. Not too hard to do "rly"