Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Brutallus Advice needed

Hi everybody,
    my guild is wiping on brutallus since a few evening mostly because our feral and I (prot warrior) die in a few seconds (not even only during stomp, could happen every single second)

our armory: Bukama - Prot Warrior , Tôrrô - Feral Druide (offgear at THU 7 o'clock)

On my personal point of view the only two things i can improve is get the sword of kalecgos and skilling juwelery for the 18 stam gem, to get a buff of 6 Stamina total. Can't imagine that this will help so much. I could change the shadowmoon insignia to the darkmoon card with 50 stam, but then i loose the 1750 HP during stomps

We use Ironshield, ampMagic, 30er Stamina food, Flask and all normal buffs but we go down in a few seconds. During Stomp I use also shadowmooninsignia / nightmareseed (> 26k life) or last stand (> 31k life).

Healers on yesterday attemp:
    2 holypriester (1 random, 1 tank)
    2 healdruid (1 random, 1 tank + burn players when they get in the critical phase)
    2 holypala (2 tank)
    1 healschami (1 tank)

Perhaps we have to improve the healersituation, but what to change there?

Anyone an advice in total?
    Thanks
    bish (aka Bukama)
    German guy speaking bad english :/

Re: Brutallus Advice needed

Even tho the fight is a DPS race, I might suggest taking some extra healing in, so you can start with gaining control of the fight, and then adjust your Raidgroup from there, based on how much DPS you lack (if you lack DPS at all ofcourse).

Give your healers shadow priests for VE. Tell your healers to never stop casting, and never ever cancel heals. You want heals landing constantly. Overheals doesn't matter, you need proactive healing. Tell them to chain chug pots and dark runes if needed.

A priest and a shaman on the tanks (in addition to paladins) are nice to get some Inspiration and Ancestral Fortitude buffs up. Tell your healers to use crit gear if possible, to increase the uptime of these.

Announce on VT/TS when it's 3 seconds until you taunt. Announce again when you taunt.

Make sure demo/TC is up at all time.

hey bish
    few things from a resto druids point of view:
    first off, druids rock on mts in this fight, no other class can compeat with the hps of a druid, hotting multiple tanks..

druids on the burn victims are nice for the first few seconds, but when it gets critical, you might consider a paladin taking over

you might also consider havin your paladins use imp lay on hands during the fight, potions, dark runes and maybe manatide + shadow should bring their mana back

Hey bish ,i'm a warrior aswell , i have your EXACT gear (i miss shadowmoon insigna :P), and we've been having the same issue with brutallus for a whole week or so, me and the druid tank were dropping to 0% from 100% in less than 2 seconds .. completely unhealable.
    As we do not have any other warrior in our raids (neither fury nor arms) , i decided to give up on 3 points in vitality , to get imp demo shout. This will drop your hp by about 500ish , but brutallus hits will be waay lower.
    We also had 1 of our destro warlock spec affli to give imp to both tanks and shadow embrace on brutallus.
    Another crucial point of the boss is that the tanks _must_ have an armor buff on them , either from priests or shamans... i guess you could survive a stomp without that buff but that'd be just luck.
    Oh and ofc you have to use ironshields every CD

Spec i used to tank him was this http://wowhead.com/?talent=LV0cZVxZ0EtoI0kcesd

Have your healers desync heals so that they always land on different moments, and not at the same time. One thing that can help.

Deleted

To make a few things easier, you could bring in another healer, altho, i do think you got the healers needed for it.

Make 1 shaman chain heal the groups that are soaking the meteor slash (it is doable, but it's tight)

This will free up the druid partially, which means he can focus more on the tanks and on the burn targets, that he should heal together with someone else (we use a priest for example)

Apart from the other advices that's been given, bringing another shaman instead of a dps (or even a druid) could easen up the healing a bit, due to chainhealing the MT will give a little extra healing on the soakers.

It's all about outhealing the damage he dishes out, if you eventually get to the point of you hitting enrage, and he still isn't dead, then you can always start thinking about replacing a healer for a dps, or even going with less support classes (assuming you got a few of those)

Hit enrage first imo, even if it requires you to bring ~8 healers, you can always cut down on them later on, if you find that the healing is sufficient and the damage output of the raid isn't enough.

P.S Another thing that might help, is the druid using Barskin every time, just before he taunts, just to easen up on the incomming damage right on taunt.

thank you for your answers so far

we have imo demo from our armswarrior and the debuff from one affli warlock on brutallus alltime and i dont need to say that we keep shout, tc and shildblock active and ironshild on CD (feral takes it before pull and when hes noch tanking logically to not switch while brutallus is hitting him) too
    we also announce taunt 3-5 sec before we taunt so that the healers can switch

perhaps 1 priest and 1 shaman are too less for the armorbuff, I hope we can take another healer for that

the point with druid for MT heals sounds interesting, we'll probably try that, thank you

one question to the VE. VE in maintankgroup to support the heal on the MTs or in the castergroups to heal the damage taken by meteor? i think you mean in the castergroups so that they also get mana?

the barskin thing also sounds interesting, thanks for that too

edit:
    our WWS from yesterday: http://wowwebstats.com/264nyqzsod323

Quote Originally Posted by bish
    one question to the VE. VE in maintankgroup to support the heal on the MTs or in the castergroups to heal the damage taken by meteor? i think you mean in the castergroups so that they also get mana?
    VE can basically outheal all meteor slash damage in the caster groups. And yes, for the manaregen.

It's pointless in the tank group.

What's about the positions?

we got 9 players (incl. tank) for each soak, building a square of 3x3 each with enough space to get out of there to run to the burn spot

two healers stood inside of brutallus to heal burn/random without getting meteor debuff

and the 5 melees as usual

i got several whispers of players that they want to stand inside brutallus. the shadows to spam SWD, the palas to heal the burns, the priest to get in range.

how do u positionierung?

Use a shaman for agility totem and if you have a moonkin imp faerie fire.

About the positioning , we have our melees behind the boss at all the time , then the rest of the raid split evenly behind both tanks.
    I don't know why you don't want your raid healers not to get the meteor damage by placing them in the middle , but remember that each person you move out of the soaking grps , the more damage soakers will get . We usually have 1-2 druids staying in front of the tank to be in range of everyone who gets the burn , but still getting the slash damage.

For the splitting part , we pretty much follow this pic

http://insomnia.13adkarma.net/images...rutDiagram.jpg

(from EJ thread -> http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t23789-b...iscussion/p14/)

One thing I haven't seen mentioned that you may want to check recount on. Make sure your melee dps isn't being parried by brut at all. Pretty sure hes not supposed to get buffed from parries but he does. We had severe problems with our tanks being gibbed in under 1.5sec 2-3 min into the fight and adjusted our melee accordingly, suddenly tanks stopped dying. Also have 9-10 ppl in each tank group soaking meteors.

Shadowpriests (Who absolutely must spec for imp VE) at bruttallus should be hitting 1400 DPS.

That means *tries to do math* 350 HPS on every member of their group - that is a ****ton of healing taken off the back off the healing team. 2 Shadowpriests DOES mean the rest of your DPS have to work harder - but by Gods their two groups will be less heal intensive.

And as far as I know (no I am not doing the fight myself) Inspiration/shaman version is pretty much required on that fight, if not at all times then as much as poss. Consider having the priests use different consumables to up crit, even ones that don't seem right (adepts elixir, skullfish soup.... etc). Totem of wrath can give crit if you take ele shamans.

Dsswoosh

2 days ago we did brutalis with our druid tank wearing 1 part t4, 3 parts t5 and 1 part t6.

If tanks die on this fight and they are doing their jobs, then healers are failing. And yes flame away, "ZOMG no druid tank wearing this gear can tank brutalis". I dont care if no one believes me

From a resto shaman's pov I'd take a 2nd resto shaman with you and get rid of one resto druid. Each shaman heals his own grp, when it's his group's turn to soak the meteor slash. He's doing this by taking the MT as first target of the CH and start spamming. Only if one gets really low on HP, the shaman should take those guy as his 1st target. The other shaman also targets the MT as his 1st target of CH and spams it, but about 3s before Stomp he switches to Lesser Healing Wave to top the MT's HP, so that you're MT doesn't get too low on HP and the greater heals from the priests and paladins can land. (So you'd have always 3 healers with armor buff on your tank)
    Hope you get the idea. It works in my mind and at our fights ;D

We have 2 paladins and 1 priest healing the MT, the only druid and the other priest healing the burn targets.

my tip : just tank 'nd spank..

how many hunters do you bring with ya. 1-2 tell them to train some owls that have screech = AP reduce that might help you abit
    Dunno if the ranks on screech still stack but they did once did

Quote Originally Posted by Wisebeard
    From a resto shaman's pov I'd take a 2nd resto shaman with you and get rid of one resto druid. Each shaman heals his own grp, when it's his group's turn to soak the meteor slash. He's doing this by taking the MT as first target of the CH and start spamming. Only if one gets really low on HP, the shaman should take those guy as his 1st target. The other shaman also targets the MT as his 1st target of CH and spams it, but about 3s before Stomp he switches to Lesser Healing Wave to top the MT's HP, so that you're MT doesn't get too low on HP and the greater heals from the priests and paladins can land. (So you'd have always 3 healers with armor buff on your tank)
    Hope you get the idea. It works in my mind and at our fights ;D

We have 2 paladins and 1 priest healing the MT, the only druid and the other priest healing the burn targets.
    As a resto shaman myself, I totally agre with your comments on healing. TWO shaman Chain Healing the MTs is the best way to keep the soak groups up and running. 2 Paladins and Priest on MT - Yes. Druid + Paladin on Burn healing (Druid at the start - Paladin taking over @ about 20seconds left on the debuff timer).

The only thing I would suggest doing is when a Stomp is inc, the Shaman stop using CH about 3secs before and start casting Max Rank Healing Wave (12) - VE from the Shadow priests is enough to heal the groups though a Stomp. Then the Shaman start Chain Healing again once the stomp is finished. It is very mana intensive, but at this stage in the game on a boss like this, if you're not chain chugging pots/abilities you can as often as possible then you shouldn't be attempting this encounter.

Amplified Magic is good on tanks for this fight too.