Thread: S3 or S4?

S3 or S4?

Hello guys,
    Im a 70 frost pvp mage, and i have 1 question.
    I have 5000 arena points banked already for S4, but I was curious..
    I am not full veng, and I dont have veng weapons.
    I currently have merc staff
    I was wondering if I should buy the vengeful staff or the vengeful dagger+book, or if i should just save my points completely for S4. I do have the personal rating req for the weapons..
    Thnx.. and also as a mage which is better staff or dagger+book?

Re: S3 or S4?

On weapons depends. IMO weapon and book....

But some people like staves for the extra stam on them

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptica
    Hello guys,
    Im a 70 frost pvp mage, and i have 1 question.
    I have 5000 arena points banked already for S4, but I was curious..
    I am not full veng, and I dont have veng weapons.
    I currently have merc staff
    I was wondering if I should buy the vengeful staff or the vengeful dagger+book, or if i should just save my points completely for S4. I do have the personal rating req for the weapons..
    Thnx.. and also as a mage which is better staff or dagger+book?
    I'd go staff, and do not wait for s4 since we will get a long enough warning to save points up (usually 4 weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by jpillz
    I'd go staff, and do not wait for s4 since we will get a long enough warning to save points up (usually 4 weeks)
    I dunno its been hinted in a blue post we're only getting 2 weeks.
    Either way you got enough time to make it back up to 5k from where you are now after you buy whatever weapon you wanna go with.

Well the total of weapons I think is 3750, so after the purchase id be left at 1250
    and the only problem is I am xfering off my current server, so I will loose the 1850 pr and also the ~750 points Im getting per week. I dont know if ill be able to find a *decent* team on my new server so getting back from 1250 to 5000 could be a problem.

I stopped playing after season 3 started, at the beginning of the season i only bought the veng chest , and had around ~3200points left, then about 3-4 weeks ago I started to play again, and yes now im just getting to 1850 and I have 5k points that ive saved doing it, I play on bloodlust battlegroup so we run into alot of wintraders, point sellers and other people gearing alts/friends.. When season 4 comes out I was thinking of using the 5k points to get the helm/gloves/legs in the first week. I was not a bad mage in season 2, I had full veterens, full merc (inc staff and wand) and got the rival rank.

bump

dagger + book is better than staff, about 35 more spell dmg and 5 resilience is better than 30 hp and 2% crit for a pvp frost mage.
    Season 4 isn't out until a while yet so go for full vengeful if you can, i have both staff and dagger/book combo and i haven't worn my staff ever since i bought the dag/offhand
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

if you're not hit capped (3hit for pvp) i would say the staff is quite alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrahn
    if you're not hit capped (3hit for pvp) i would say the staff is quite alot better.

4% spell hit is cap for pvp. 5% chance to miss a target of 70 and there will always be 1% that you can't take away. Does anyone want to explain why melee can remove any misses on their specials and casters can't?

Quote Originally Posted by Windywoo
    4% spell hit is cap for pvp. 5% chance to miss a target of 70 and there will always be 1% that you can't take away. Does anyone want to explain why melee can remove any misses on their specials and casters can't?
    no you only need 3 spell hit for pvp, you have a base 96% hit against a target the same lvl as you, and max hit is 99%.

melee has more problems then you, trust me
    parry / dodge / block / mitigation(armor) / miss

versus your spells:
    complete resist / partial resist / ..... oh wait that was all

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Obscuri

Quote Originally Posted by Obscuro

versus your spells:
    Damn right

melee dont have mana

btw
    Grammar police:
    melee has more problems then you,
    than*
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by Obscuro

versus your spells:
    Casting time/LOS. No really I play a warlock, mage and rogue. Melee have it easy.

Casting time/LOS. No really I play a warlock, mage and rogue. Melee have it easy.
    Im gonna sort of go with this guy, and remember... getting lets say 80 shadow resistance is very easy, even 200 which will resist maybe about 50% of shadow spells but getting 50% dodge chance :3. Cooldowns like the hunter 25% dodge and rogue evasion are not counted becuz rogues have cloak of shadows which is another 90% resist to spells 8)