Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Jappse
    How on earth can you play like that? all the bars are in the way, loled
    My main is a healer, all i need is bars. My other 70 alt is a pala tank, uses the same interface and can target enemies just fine with the space that is left. Why the hell are you guys so keen to having loads of free space? All you need is a little space to target. Take a good look at the picture, if you divide the screen horizontally in 3 section you'll notice that the top and bottom are filled with information while the middle is empty besides the player/target/tot frames and the 2 action bars.

I won't increase my resolution since I have vision problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    Can't go ingame right now so i can't take some prepared SS, but since topscore takes one every new record I can share some.

Besides pitbull everything is pretty standard, just rearranged in my own way.

I CAN QUOTE LARGE IMAGES, AND CANNOT READ WELL.

Addons (i don't use externals so it's quite a spam)
    http://www.textdump.com/v/?k=MTM5Nw==

It's of course a permanent WIP, i'm thinking of creating a custom cowtip since the default sucks abit, and im probably gonna replace bartender3 with bongos3.

@Venara, very nice stuff over there, beautiful and practical. too bad i like important stuff (read stuff i must click on) near the middle and information on the corners otherwise i would've asked for you to upload that
    No offense, but that is one of the most god awfully cluttered UI's I've ever seen.

The vertical Pitbull setup is atrocious.
    SkoorbVyvanseKarmann

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    Why the hell are you guys so keen to having loads of free space? All you need is a little space to target.
    i dont know if you arena or raid much, but being able to actually see everything around you is an valuable asset. try dodging fires for archimonde with all that crap on your screen. you'd probably have one come at you from the side without noticing. likewise, have fun keeping track of your enemies in an arena match.

if you do raid t5/6 content with that UI and you're rocking heals and not dieing, then more power to you, but its good to understand where the criticism is coming from. aside from an aesthetic bias, the more sparse you can make you UI, the better off you'll be able to raid. an easy fix which can cut down on the clutter is to organize ur fubars and set them to autohide (they show up on mouseover). thats unnecessary info that you dont need to see all the time. you can keep the timer, fps, money and whatever else you think is absolutely essential on another fubar that is permanently on.

and yes, the vertical UF's are really ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara

For some reason v1 didn't work at all after patch 2.4 was released. I tried fixing it but it obviously didn't work. So i just recreated and redesigned the whole UI. I think i did quite well.

Some people asked me to "release" v1 of my UI. If those of you see v2 and still like it just tell me. If thats the case i will start working on creating a .rar file with all needed files.

Venara
    gigantic chat frame makes eyes bleed.

you seriously need that huge of a chat box? the ui could be reduced so much and take up so much less of the screen ..... :-/

This is my UI which was highly inspired by Ryas and Caith. Thank you for posting your UI's and giving such great ideas and i hope i didnt offend anyone by mixing these two UI's or "ruining" certain pieces of art.

Raid

Casting

Clean

Addons

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sunaî
    @ Venara Very nice , it´s realy lovely. Which addon do you use to show the charakter stats? Did you used Pitbull to sort the Raidmember?
    Character Stats are "PowerDisplay" (WoWAce) and Raidmembers are Pitbull, yes.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

This is VenaraUI v2. I posted a screenshot of v1 in the prior thread (http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...59248#msg59248).

For some reason v1 didn't work at all after patch 2.4 was released. I tried fixing it but it obviously didn't work. So i just recreated and redesigned the whole UI. I think i did quite well.

Some people asked me to "release" v1 of my UI. If those of you see v2 and still like it just tell me. If thats the case i will start working on creating a .rar file with all needed files.

*cut to make this shorter*
    My UI is now available for download. Please contact me via PM or E-Mail if you'd like to download it. I don't want to make the link public, because its hosted on a privat server with a limited traffic volume. So i don't want people to download it because they like, dunno, the bg texture of something.

If you really like my UI then sending me a PM or E-Mail will get you a download link

Venara
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

I has leet UI but no spammy quote!
    I really like your UI. I wish I could use it, but I'm restricted to my crappy 1024x768 maximum resolution . For people that think it is too bulky, you have to realize that there is still a huge area of cleanness allowing you to still see everything that is going on. Very pretty! Only thing I don't really like is the multiple borders on everything. I prefer it to be simpler, but that's basically it :P

my UI

Mod List:
    ag_Unitframes
    ArenaMaster
    ArenaPointer
    Altasloot Enhanced
    Bagnon
    Bartender3
    beql
    Deadly Boss Mods
    eePanels2
    Examiner
    Cartographer
    CECB
    clearChat
    cyCircled
    DeuceCommander
    ElkBuffBars
    FuBar & Fubar Plugins
    Grid
    InFlight
    ManyItemTooltips
    MobHealth
    Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
    Omen
    oRA2
    oTweaks
    PowerAuras
    Prat
    RatingBuster
    Recount
    Skinner
    SharedMedia
    Squeenix
    TinyTip
    XLoot
    XLootGroup

hope you like it

My UI:
    Combat:

Clean:

I selected useful for this UI addons:

New UI but i'm not currently using it, I made it cuz someone encouraged me to make a new look, and bieng a UI junkie i just made one for the hell of it, took me 15minutes or less, let me know how you think And again, NO UPLOAD. Sorry, there is a list though

[img width=330]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s87/Adinan_96/WoWScrnShot_042308_204638.jpg[/img]

[img width=330]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s87/Adinan_96/WoWScrnShot_042308_204642.jpg[/img]

[img width=200]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s87/Adinan_96/Addonlist.jpg[/img]

Enjoy, feedback please

Here's my UI.

My Addons:

-ag_UnitFrames
    -AtlasLoot Enchaned
    -Bongos2
    -cyCircled
    -Deadly Boss Mods
    -ItemRack
    -MobInfo2
    -Omen
    -Prat
    -RatingBuster
    -Scrolling Combat Text
    -Titan Panel
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15172.msg239063#msg239063

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15061.0

Let me know what you think. I've been trying to decide a good way to get rid of the clutter in the middle of the screen, such as the combat text, boss timers, raid warnings, etc, and I think it needs some more work.

[Edit] Oh, and if you want to see it in action, check the videos at the link in my sig.

15+ Year Old Account

Great work again Adnen !

Suggestions from me would be to make your buffs on target fairly smaller, and i dont know if you only pvp, or raid or do both but if it was i, i would be annoyed by 1 small chatbox. Maybe make another? Anyways since your not gonna upload it thats all your call, just stating my oppinion
    Oh and about buffs, id put them either under the map growing down or in left side growing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan
    New UI but i'm not currently using it, I made it cuz someone encouraged me to make a new look, and bieng a UI junkie i just made one for the hell of it, took me 15minutes or less, let me know how you think And again, NO UPLOAD. Sorry, there is a list though

Enjoy, feedback please
    not a big fan of the gigantic health bars
    the pet health and your health when you're solo look pretty imbalanced (compositionally, its probably because of the huge size difference between the two)

not a big fan of the nesting of the health bar in all the action bars as well. this is just a personal bias, but i think it looks clunky.

the buff icons are too big imo.

whats it look like in a raid?

the map icons at the lower left need to be situated better - it looks odd compared to the rest of the UI. perhaps a mod to make those icons square is in order (its available on curse, i believe).

i bet you could hide a lot of the buttons, or make them show on mouseover, and integrate your map with the whole bottom console. it would help break up the bulk a little bit, and also would provide some assymetry that would work with rather than against your pet bar/player bar setup.

solo:

Raid:

combat raid:

it looks much better with omen. here's an older screenie with omen up:

Addons used:

AgUnitframes
    Trinity Bars
    Fubar
    Prat
    NaturEnemyCastBar