Shaman Duels - when to drop totems?

When I duel people on my shaman when is it okay to start dropping totems?

Is it considered honorable, fair, good sportsmanship, ect....

if i drop 4 before the duel is even accepted..

do i have to wait til after the duel is started

when its counting down 1,2,3, then?

Side topic - Fire and Earth elementals in duels?? It makes them a lot more fun imo at least! :P Some people always react and point out that a 20 min CD was used.

Shamans, how do you duel? Do you avoid Bloodlust and your elementals at all costs? Or consider it cheap to use them? When do you start droping totems?

Re: Shaman Duels - when to drop totems?

I usually stomp totems during the countdown, i think it's fair. Could depend a bit on the class you are playing against though. I've allways had a base prinicple that duels should simulate a world pvp battle, I you let the warrior carge etc. And you would also stomp totems if you see a possible pvp target approach.

Also I never use elementals in duel, not bloodloust either. As a rule, you could say that spells you use in arena is fair to use in duels. Maybe not Bloodlust though.

I always start my totem dropping on the 1 2 3 count down i feel like that is fair enough. and now they are only on a second gcd so it really doesnt matter now..

on fire ele and earth ele's i never use them unless i told them im going to go all out and bust all my cds.. really a shamans cds only consist of blood lust and whatever trinket... A shaman is only good with its totems and the way wow is going with shamans it looks like ele shamans are becoming more and more worthless in the pvp world.... thats my word keep it real

Hmmmm since when rules exists in Durotar?

I personally think its very fair to drop them whenever you want. Rogues and druids stealth in the 3 2 1, warriors can charge you, hunters got a range advantage etc.

But i think its better to not drop them until they are needed. You wont be standing still at the same place most likely. Its in fact a lot better to drop grounding totem and tremor totem at the moment you see a spell being cast, becuase it wont help you when your totems are out of range.

Warriors dont use recklesness, paladins dont use lay on hands, you dont use elemantal totems. Bloodlust is ok to use since shamans are underpowered ^^

I'd let you drop totems any time you want them to drop.

As soon as you'd start attacking me i'd ice lance them away tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag
    botting is a exploit/cheat, don't do that! or else kickboxing nagas will kill you. and your familie and if you had freinds they would die too. maybe they will kill your guildmates or F-list. dunno much about those nagafreaks.
    Hell yeah.

lancing totems is 1 big fail. You prolly on 50% health when you done with it, just nuke the shaman

Thanks for your inputs.

I usually drop tremor and searing before in the 1-2-3 and depending on class earthbind & grounding/poison soon afterwards.

I am enhancement.. So there are a lot of classes that can pwn me if they know what they are doing. I have to hope I can stay close to them (frostshock + gw!) and WF-crit them to death

Although..I am still going to use bloodlust + elementals vs resto druids ^^

Do you honestly believe anything in this game, or any other game involving PvP is 'fair'? A lot of little kids like to gank lowbies cause they got a 70, then call for 3 others to help when a 70 comes and kills them (I've seen it in a few servers i've been on.)

Sure, it's "World PvP" but, there's a limit to how low you can get when you kill a person 25-40 levels lower than you. completely defenseless (not entirely, but they have no chance in killing the 70 unless they plain suck ~) low levels just trying to level. It's almost as bad as tripping a kid for saying he ran past you, and he shouldn't of 'gotten in the way'

Quote Originally Posted by Naumu
    It's almost as bad as tripping a kid for saying he ran past you, and he shouldn't of 'gotten in the way'
    there's nothing wrong with that?
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by powercleans
    When I duel people on my shaman when is it okay to start dropping totems?

Is it considered honorable, fair, good sportsmanship, ect....

if i drop 4 before the duel is even accepted..

do i have to wait til after the duel is started

when its counting down 1,2,3, then?

Side topic - Fire and Earth elementals in duels?? It makes them a lot more fun imo at least! :P Some people always react and point out that a 20 min CD was used.

Shamans, how do you duel? Do you avoid Bloodlust and your elementals at all costs? Or consider it cheap to use them? When do you start droping totems?
    Only some rogues will whine for totems but now with Arenas in wow all players are used to see totems before the conflict. So it is ok to use totems. Yes they are buffs for shaman and i consider them like a rogue stealthing and reach you from behind.
    I consider the totems preparation for battle, like all personal buffs and skills of all classes.

I never use bloodlust and elementals. Well i am used to play without bloodlust in duels but i dont think you shouldnt use it. It is a 10min cd and you can use it in arena too

Bolter

WHenever i duel SHamans i always say they can use whatever spells they want, even a 20min CD one if they really want, youre dueling to win so use whatever you have to, maybe not Pots tho