Thread: PvP Mages?

PvP Mages?

Where did all these PvP Mages come from?

So I don't know if anyone else has really noticed but it seems to me that there are quite a few more mages Qing for BG's lately. When im on my Disp Priest i'm counterspelled most of the time now and on my hunter they come up and try to burn me down really quick, all too often successfully. They all seem to want revenge for something hehe.

Did Blizzard do something to buff them recently other than hand out Ice blocks?

Re: PvP Mages?

well ive not noticed mages population rising any faster than any other pvp class :-X
    most classes have interupts against priests, mages have only one, counterspell, be happy!
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

This is an rumor!

Quote Originally Posted by Akademik
    Where did all these PvP Mages come from?

So I don't know if anyone else has really noticed but it seems to me that there are quite a few more mages Qing for BG's lately. When im on my Disp Priest i'm counterspelled most of the time now and on my hunter they come up and try to burn me down really quick, all too often successfully. They all seem to want revenge for something hehe.

Did Blizzard do something to buff them recently other than hand out Ice blocks?
    if you die with your disc priest from a mage you need to dispel yourself more
    if you die with THAT hunter vs 1-2 mages you should be ashamed
    My Rogue
    altoholic since 2000 (Diablo II release)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cocidius
    if you die with your disc priest from a mage you need to dispel yourself more
    if you die with THAT hunter vs 1-2 mages you should be ashamed
    Do you have any idea how good mages are against hunters? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    never fought a decent equally geared hunter, just the usual shitty hunters in bg's with s1 gear, but i can imagine a BM hunter in a 1v1 duel, equally geared would be challenging
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Bolter

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    never fought a decent equally geared hunter, just the usual shitty hunters in bg's with s1 gear, but i can imagine a BM hunter in a 1v1 duel, equally geared would be challenging
    BM hunter with full S3 is too challenging for a Mage in S3 gear as well, its always a close one when i play against BMs
    And i havent seen an increase in Mags on my server, just in Pallies, Warlocks and Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    yes and I know how good they used to be, since dz removal I can nearly shoot them all to pieces with medium effort. (both as BM and MM, ofc easier as BM)
    and yes I play a mage aswell, hunters are my nemesis (dps wise, disc priests blergh) Harder to defeat then most rogues
    My Rogue

For me mage vs hunter is 50% win.. just the gear of the hunter..

Quote Originally Posted by exomage
    For me mage vs hunter is 50% win.. just the gear of the hunter..
    check his armory, can't really complain about gear
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ong&n=Akademik

his rating is quite low for his gear but hey so are mine atm, intermship ftl
    My Rogue

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cocidius
    check his armory, can't really complain about gear
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ong&n=Akademik

his rating is quite low for his gear but hey so are mine atm, intermship ftl
    there are plenty of 4/5 venge people who suck at this game so hard they have to buy rating boost :P

Hey, don't say i suck, you don't play on my Battleground. US Reckoning is one of the hardest Battlegroups out there. 1500 rating and above means you will likely be playing against someone with S3 weapon possible S3 shoulders. I've beaten gladiators before. If you look on armory for how many people rated 2000 and above for reckoning it is significantly smaller than other battlegroups. If you inspect everyone on my server, not only do people with shoulders and weapon not have a 2000 rating anymore, but most people with 4/5 merc and veng Glad Gear sit around 1300. So I F'ck Sh't up when im in there, don't worry about that.

And i'm not QQing about being killed, or that i have a problem. If i see a mage and feel like killing them on the hunter they're as good as dead. I just don't like to flex my e-peen and say something like " Stupid nub mages always sneaking up and pyroblasting you in the back, but if you see em first they get smoked like a cig."

I just noticed way more Mages in the BG's lately plus they seem to be doing better now and wondered why?

Last patch I hardly saw any PvP mages and figured they was broke sauce.

I play on US Reckoning and yes it's one of the best BGs, but 1700+ as a Hunter is easy. My 2s is currently 1768 and that's the bare minimum 10 games a week with me raid Fire nearly all week (so only Frost one day a week) and my Rogue partner on his Warrior every other day as well. It's not hard, and I'm in worse gear than you... I personally don't think Hunter's are that hare 1v1 but in Arena they own my face badly and in BGs I'm down before you'll need to worry... unless you're out on your own.

Mages are broke, severally, and I have not noticed more than usual. The two largest growing number of classes I've seen are Rogues and Druids, Hunters third but distantly so.

Hey, don't say i suck, you don't play on my Battleground. US Reckoning is one of the hardest Battlegroups out there. 1500 rating and above means you will likely be playing against someone with S3 weapon possible S3 shoulders. I've beaten gladiators before. If you look on armory for how many people rated 2000 and above for reckoning it is significantly smaller than other battlegroups. If you inspect everyone on my server, not only do people with shoulders and weapon not have a 2000 rating anymore, but most people with 4/5 merc and veng Glad Gear sit around 1300. So I F'ck Sh't up when im in there, don't worry about that.

And i'm not QQing about being killed, or that i have a problem. If i see a mage and feel like killing them on the hunter they're as good as dead. I just don't like to flex my e-peen and say something like " Stupid nub mages always sneaking up and pyroblasting you in the back, but if you see em first they get smoked like a cig."

I just noticed way more Mages in the BG's lately plus they seem to be doing better now and wondered why?

How exactly did all these players with season three weapons and shoulders get them with a 1500 rating? Likely the same way everyone else with low rated teams does: Buying teams. Shoulders/Weapons mean nothing regarding a player's skill level.

at least on reckoning, where the OP is from, alot of these people in full s3 went sky high with their ratings first couple weeks of s3, got their rating required gear, and now just hang out around 16-1700 selling points.

since its gettin close to the end of the season (hopefully) and these people all want their titles again, u see all the people that were at 1600-1700 rating in full s3 for a few months, afking in IF at 2400 lol.

can make it hard to get ur rating up when ur fighting teams that good at lower ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Loshiis
    How exactly did all these players with season three weapons and shoulders get them with a 1500 rating? Likely the same way everyone else with low rated teams does: Buying teams. Shoulders/Weapons mean nothing regarding a player's skill level.
    you need personal rating aswell as teaming rating

well perhaps because of the icy veins change, 100% cast interuption now (vs 25% extra chance to freeze?), so NOW they CAN get casts off vs hunters
    and maybe you noticed this at the same rate when hunters got their DZ removed.

I had my hunter stocked for 2 months till DZ was removed
    My Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by oglaigh
    at least on reckoning, where the OP is from, alot of these people in full s3 went sky high with their ratings first couple weeks of s3, got their rating required gear.
    Hi.

A mage can only win in a duel with a hunter if he has his cds.

A mage shouldnt be able to beat a disc priest. Cmon, if you arent mana burning and dispelling alone enough, then you need to reevaluate a clas to play. Maybe go for a warrior so you can stand in one stance and just swing away.