Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DPS/CC in Karazhan

Hello,

I've been playing either a Resto Shaman or Prot Warrior for 2 years now. Our guild has enough tanks and healers for Kara. In fact, I could start lvling an alt so that another person could take my spot as a a tank in Kara.

My question is this: Which class/spec has the most utility in Kara and/or ZA.

This will probably be as far as we get pre-WotLK and I am fine with that.

Thank you all.

And BTW, WoW forums do suck! Almost as bad as those pink headed freaks the dev's labeled "Gnomes"

Re: DPS/CC in Karazhan

I'd stick with a rogue if I want melee (for infinite energy) or a warlock as caster. In fact each dps class does their job when geared well enough so the choice really depends on what you want to see in the middle of your screen. If you want to be a bit more supportive dps though, roll a shadow priest for shackle/mana&hp regen in kara =)

P.S: About the pinky headed "gnomes", one of them was our top dpser pre-bc around bwl level =P

Every class has some sort of use, i'd say go for what class you have the most interest in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag
    botting is a exploit/cheat, don't do that! or else kickboxing nagas will kill you. and your familie and if you had freinds they would die too. maybe they will kill your guildmates or F-list. dunno much about those nagafreaks.
    Hell yeah.

When in doubt level up a druid or a priest.
    Druid = tank, melee dps, healer or range dps, you cant go wrong with that.
    priest = healer or mana battery, both are great roles in a raid.

Or you can respec your other toons and try something else. Dps warriors with solid tanking gears are almost as liked as druids in ZA.

what a question ... level up a hybrid class and spec as you like then.

Unlike the rest of the game, mage cc is negliable in Kara. Whereas Warlock CC is great in Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice
    Again NO. There is one pack a Warlock will banish on, period. Priest will be the top CC. There are hardly any CC's at all though. Maybe 5-6 shackles the entire instance.
    There is also detect invisibillity, Aran (Banish + fear).
    I'm not disputing that priests have the most essential CC in Kara; I'm saying that Warlock CC is quite great in Kara if you compare it to the rest of the game.

CC is overrated

Use your warri to collect some fury epics and respecc... ruling the dps meters has never been more fun^^
    This space is available for rent!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocomotif
    Unlike the rest of the game, mage cc is negliable in Kara. Whereas Warlock CC is great in Kara.
    Yeah what? Shade is about it...DI I suppose for a pack or two...but you def want a priest in there if anything...

Get a prot pally as your MT and you won't need CC in Karazhan, and if he's really good you won't even need an OT either. I tank Kara with no CC and no OT. It makes for really fast clears cuz we can bring an extra dps class.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocomotif
    There is also detect invisibillity
    Where would detect invisibility be useful in Karazhan?

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    Where would detect invisibility be useful in Karazhan?
    The trash before and after Shade that phase in and out of visibility. Detect invis makes them a lot easier to mark.

Quote Originally Posted by DressdtoKill
    Yeah what? Shade is about it...DI I suppose for a pack or two...but you def want a priest in there if anything...
    Last I checked people didn't usually solo the place.

Go Mage if you want CC & DPS. On top of that, you always will have love from players (or hate) with portals & food/drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Totschlager
    The trash before and after Shade that phase in and out of visibility. Detect invis makes them a lot easier to mark.
    I didn't know people based their group comps on how easy it's going to be to mark mobs..hmm.
    Failure to evolve is failure to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty
    I didn't know people based their group comps on how easy it's going to be to mark mobs..hmm.
    I wasn't implying that. I was simply stating that detect invis has a use in Kara because someone asked.

Deleted

Needing CC in kara only means your tanks and DPS are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Needing CC in kara only means your tanks and DPS are shit.
    QFT

Good setup

Group 1

1 mage
    1 warlock destro
    1 pala prot
    1 shaman elemental
    1 doomkin

Group 2

1 Warrior (OT dps)
    1 Druid (resto)
    1 Shaman (resto)
    1 Rogue
    1 Spriest

Atleast you get insane dps
    maby hard @ shade
    It All started 11 February 05 10:32 CET!

Quote Originally Posted by Imbawac
    Good setup

Group 1

1 mage
    1 warlock destro
    1 pala prot
    1 shaman elemental
    1 doomkin

Group 2

1 Warrior (OT dps)
    1 Druid (resto)
    1 Shaman (resto)
    1 Rogue
    1 Spriest

Atleast you get insane dps
    maby hard @ shade
    Why put a rogue and warrior in a group with a spriest? That just makes no sense whatsoever.