Poll: What would work better for an up an coming PvP warrior with 60k+ honor waiting for S4 to drop?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warrior PvP (help all pvp warriors)

Ok, so one of my best friends on WoW now has a level 70 Warrior. He would really be interested in making him a full time PvP spec. I apologize because I know this subject has been beaten to death already. I just need a little insight and opinion on what works the best. (Plus I am going to show him this string)

1st what is around the best spec for 2v2? (considering a pally healer as partner)

2nd what weapon should he go for? There seems to be more and more of a following toward the mace spec for the stun factor. From what I gather, it seems to proc ALL the time. Others are saying Swords for the extra swing but I remember that there has been quite an issue in the past forums about swords not proc'ing as much as intended. I have heard some talk about going all axes due to the fact that the high end damage is huge and the bonus 5% crit.

What is all of your opinion? Remember that the more info you have the better.

Re: Warrior PvP (help all pvp warriors)

Best spec for 2v2 is 35 / 23 / 3,
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...aenor&n=Serben
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    or
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...hoof&n=Redberd
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Best spec is mace by far , it can change the game just with 1 proc , so definately mace for 2v2 , ppl usually laugh at sword warriors in 2v2...
    Now , about the spec , you can chose between 2/2 Blood Frenzy or Sweeping strikes , but i personally chose SS to kill pets faster , hoping (never works on high ratings tho) to confuse the healer since both pet and player will be taking dmg. Well SS is fun on BG too , but its a personal choice which doesnt matter that much. 3/3 imp hamstring is veeery VERY important (specially) if ur playing with a drood(which i strongly suggest cuz pala+warr aint the best setup anymore nowadays) , since it will many times save the game vs rogues. Reduce disarm duration is also important cuz there are many warrs in 2v2 , that will make u useless for 9 sec if u dont have the talent , which can conclude into losing the game.
    3 points in prot is mostly for instant reflects from other stances , but also usefull for instant disarm etc.
    2nd wind is a MUST, and you probably understand why.
    Improved intercept is also VERY important , since with the set bonus of gladiator set , it will have only 15 sec CD , meaning you can be on your enemy most of the time , so they wont escape.

Best cookie cutter spec is the one im using 35/23/3 but 33/28/0 is also nice

As for weapon for 2v2 Mace spec for sure, the stuns are invaluable

Also i recommend dropping the pally healer and finding a druid, pallies are easily CC'ed and shut down in Arenas nowadays

actually paladin/warr gets really powerfull once you are over the 1.9 k mark where you only meet druid/warr/rogue anyways ... pally/warr is best counter comb to those flavour of the month combos, it just suck till 1.9 k bec anything with a cc there is hard.

Here's the spec I use on my warrior; http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xdGbqMbdbZE0zuMxoZc

You can swap a few small things around to suit your tastes, but those work best for me. (Like instead of imp execute, you get weapon mastery, or instead of blood frenzy you get weapon mastery) Personally I find myself never getting disarmed (Not as many warriors in 2s as there are rogues, warlocks, and mages, and no rogue is anything but shadowstep, so there's no riposte rogues left) so I don't get weapon mastery, I like the extra 4% damage overall to a target that blood frenzy gives, and execute spamming ftw.

I use stormherald (with executioner) and am in 4/5 venge. Wish it was 5/5 venge, but there aren't many good available pvp healers on my server, so /sigh. I've always used maces because I love the stun proc on it. Some fights it goes off so many times you may as well be a rogue. Coupled with hamstring and piercing howl, they aren't getting away. (Greatest times are when it procs as I'm hunting a druid down. Entangling roots will go off, but so does mace stun, so I get another good swing -usually MS+HS, watching quartz' swing timer- before he gets out, and then entangling roots is almost off.)

Ok, so that information is helpful. What about a warrior who is going to play in 3v3 or 5v5. At that point is mace still a decent way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Naytball
    Ok, so that information is helpful. What about a warrior who is going to play in 3v3 or 5v5. At that point is mace still a decent way to go?
    We play 3vs3 with Mage/Warrior/Druid and we think that sword works much better for us then mace did it.
    But i think i can't say that sword is the best, it depends too much on the player behind the char and the setup.

yes, mace all the way except you are in a meleezerg team in 5vs5

i play all brackets above 2k

2vs2 with pala holy prefer 35 23 3 here bec of disarm and spellreflect to cyclone druids and sheep mages, in addition to sweeping strikes, also mace is a must in 2vs2

3vs3 with resto shammy and retri pala can easily go 35 23 3 here or 33 28, if i aint playing 2vs2 i also like to spec 41 20 here, endless rage is really nice and you can do alot of single target dmg with extra rage. with mace.

5vs5 i play with either holy pala, pr, rogue, enha shaman or resto shaman, pr, rogue, retri pala, 33 28 is really nice with sword .... but mace stuns help too offc.

i played only 5vs5 for a few weeks recently and went 33 28 with sword real funspec but not very viable and versatile overall. we started selling 2k 3vs3 teams a few weeks ago, we play em up in one day and sell them for cheap gold pretty quick, best way to make money atm, so i am 35 23 3 atm for an overall spec.

overall

35 23 3 most versatile spec for all brackets with mace
    33 28 for when you play with burst dmg and sword
    41 20 is ok too. but sucks a lil in 2vs2

Great, ok. What about the weapon, is the crafted Deep Thunder or Storm Herald (can't remember which is better ATM) better than doing the arena weapon. What are the trade offs?

highend dmg is the same, s3 is 8 dps more and has HIT rating with resilience which is really important, sh has a stun but it gets on diminishing anyways, so i prefer s3.

I do NOT recommend 2v2 with a Pally unless you're both extremely good at your classes. It's an infuriating combo to try to level up. I made 2.2K with a druid but I couldn't get past 1910 with a pally friend. You're at the complete mercy of not only one or two other combo, but to MANY combos. To level War/Pal up you have to be either extremely badass PvPers, or incredibly lucky in what matchups you draw. Here are the matchups as we saw them (~300 games played)

What owns you (0-30% chance of winning):

mage/rogue
    hunter/pally
    hunter/druid
    pally/lock
    lock/druid
    rogue/druid
    mage/lock

What you have a chance against (40-60% chance of winning):

war/pal
    shaman/war
    rogue/rogue

What you own (60+% chance of winning):

druid/war
    warlock/rogue

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Odindusk
    I do NOT recommend 2v2 with a Pally unless you're both extremely good at your classes. It's an infuriating combo to try to level up. I made 2.2K with a druid but I couldn't get past 1910 with a pally friend. You're at the complete mercy of not only one or two other combo, but to MANY combos. To level War/Pal up you have to be either extremely badass PvPers, or incredibly lucky in what matchups you draw. Here are the matchups as we saw them (~300 games played)

What owns you (0-30% chance of winning):

mage/rogue
    hunter/pally
    hunter/druid
    pally/lock
    lock/druid
    rogue/druid
    mage/lock

What you have a chance against (40-60% chance of winning):

war/pal
    shaman/war
    rogue/rogue

What you own (60+% chance of winning):

druid/war
    warlock/rogue
    Add Hunter/SP to the Pwn you list... there is enought of a mix of Dmg that BoP/DS wont save them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

People severely overestimate the value of maces vs swords and specs in general. Basically, 33/28 allows you to apply more pressure to your target, but you will struggle more when forced into being defensive and shifting between defensive and aggressive. 35/23/3 allows you to do this with more ease, but you will have to compensate for not having the same rage gen and damage as a warrior that's speced 33/28, especially if you're running around with a slow weapon such as Deep Thunder or Stormherald.

The top 2v2 team on our battlegroup last season was a druid/warrior where the warrior was using swords.

It breaks down to playstyle and personal preference, if you don't feel comfortable using maces, the result will be as following.
    Arenas are fun. If you disagree, you can fuck off.

Sweet, that helps a lot. He has decided to go 2h mace spec. Now another argument we have is what is the best enchant to have on his boots? What would work best for someone who is 35/23/3. He says boars speed, and I am thinking sure footed.

What are your thoughts and why?

get surefooted enchant to boots and get the 24 ap + speed increase meta

why= because its just the best setup

Let me rephrase this question.

He now has the +24 AP and minor run speed Meta Gem.

With that being said, I have heard that what ever you Gem for a Meta, you should do the opposite for your boots (for warriors).

Would it be better to get the surefooted for boots and keep his current meta?

Or is it a better option to get the +18 stam and snare resist Meta and Boars Speed on boots?

He is even asking if Boars speed and the +24AP Meta stack and if it's even worth doing them together...

What is best for arena, and under what situations should it change for PvP?

running shammy warrior is also a pretty good setup for 2v2.

no, they don't stack and unless you have access to some decent pve gear with hit rating on it, you have no other option then surefooted+ap/runspeed meta.

that and the snare/root resist from surefooted does help, if only to annoy the fuck out of druids ^^

Speed increase on meta, snare resist on feet imo. Being an orc warrior myself, I've never ever thought of the stun resist gem (the 18sta one). Also considering the fact that there is a decent amount of hit rating on pvp items, it is good to have 10 via an enchantment. The other setup (speed on boots/snare resist on head) gives you 9sta 12crit rating (not 18sta on meta as you mentioned, that one is stun resist) whereas the recommended setup is offering 10hit 24ap. Better stick with the first option. All in all it's always hillarious when you resist a frost nova of a newly-blinked mage or a nature's grasp of a fleeing druid =)

P.S: And surely the speed increases on both meta and boots doesn't stack, hence the snare resists.

I have always gone with a 34 27 0 build picking up 3/3 imp hamstring instead of the usual 2/3 and 1 less point in flurry

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xdGbqMhzbZVVzI0xRM

is the build I use